Car help again

Started by tyrone girl, October 19, 2011, 10:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

Right my heads about to go completely! Posted up here round start of august about car trouble. Bought it at end of June and start of August check injection was coming up on it. After it going back and forward to mechanic all of august as the fault light continued to come back on every wk or so i thought it was sorted. Apparently injectors were all coded wrongly etc etc. 2 weeks ago same thing came on in car, fault codes showing injector 2 but injectors are all apparently fine and they have been coded and recoded etc. Have it back 5 days and fecking went out this morning to start and took 10 times to get it started and same thing on again. Car drives perfectly but the problem is when its starting. If its left for any length of time it is nightmare. Apparently the last mechanic who worked on it said he thought it was something electrical causing the injection fault to go. Has anyone any ideas. I could bloody well cry its pissing me off that much! Im fuming also with the dealer who sold it to me as i reckon he knew rightly the scrap he was selling me.

Denn Forever

Do Diesel cars still have glow plugs i.e. turn on the ignition key, wait two seconds while a plug inside the combustion chamber warms the air so that starting is easier?

Is the dealer you bought it from a dealer for that brand of car?  If so they should have a diagnostics machine which would identify the fault (i.e. is the injector or the electrics).

Bite the bullet and bring it to a main dealer to diagnose and rectify the problem.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

tyrone girl

Had the glow plugs checked and it isnt them apparently. Thinking its a gangster i bought it off  >:(

He isnt a dealer for that car but have had it on about 4 different diagnostics machines and it continues to say injector control 2 at minimum limit or something like that. But apparently all the injectors are fine. My heads about to go with it  :'(

Hereiam

Let me guess....is it a vauxhall!!!!

tyrone girl

Hashtag

My altenator went yesterday. How much is this likely to set me back?
Plus how do they get damaged?

Denn Forever

Quote from: Hashtag on October 19, 2011, 12:57:11 PM

Wear and Tear unfortunately.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Hashtag

Quote from: Denn Forever on October 19, 2011, 01:04:38 PM

Wear and Tear unfortunately.

Googled them there. Looks like over £100 for the part alone.  ::)

clarshack

Quote from: tyrone girl on October 19, 2011, 10:16:12 AM
Right my heads about to go completely! Posted up here round start of august about car trouble. Bought it at end of June and start of August check injection was coming up on it. After it going back and forward to mechanic all of august as the fault light continued to come back on every wk or so i thought it was sorted. Apparently injectors were all coded wrongly etc etc. 2 weeks ago same thing came on in car, fault codes showing injector 2 but injectors are all apparently fine and they have been coded and recoded etc. Have it back 5 days and fecking went out this morning to start and took 10 times to get it started and same thing on again. Car drives perfectly but the problem is when its starting. If its left for any length of time it is nightmare. Apparently the last mechanic who worked on it said he thought it was something electrical causing the injection fault to go. Has anyone any ideas. I could bloody well cry its pissing me off that much! Im fuming also with the dealer who sold it to me as i reckon he knew rightly the scrap he was selling me.

could be a timing belt issue?  i had the timing belt removed in my renault in order to replace some faulty injectors and it subsequently turned out that the timing belt was not put on again correctly. an intermittent issue then developed where sometimes the car would start right away but usually it would have taken a couple of times to start.

btw this is my first and last french car.

omagh_gael

You don't happen to live near Omagh?

Reason I ask is I know a mechanic who fits reconditioned alternators for a standard fee of £50. I know they're not new and mightn't have the same life as a new part but the one I had fitted is still going grand.