Wintery weather

Started by qwerty123, October 18, 2011, 10:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qwerty123

The cold winds and winter snow weren't long in coming back!  Any good recommendations for a warm and long-lasting coat?!  I've been buying cheapish ones and don't tend to last or keep me all that warm.

The North Face seem to be the best, according to reviews - slightly dear though.
The North Face Evolution Triclimate Jacket is approx. £150 but you get a fleece and a coat, seems decent enough value as most reviews have given nothing but praise. 

Anyone got this coat or any other recommendations?

Billys Boots

I got a Regatta padded-waterproof coat about four years ago and it's brilliant - I spend a lot of time in winter standing on sidelines, and i've never got cold while wearing it.  I think it cost €40 from Proteam (I think).
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Declan

QuoteI got a Regatta padded-waterproof coat about four years ago and it's brilliant - I spend a lot of time in winter standing on sidelines, and i've never got cold while wearing it

And I can confirm he looks great in it ;) ;)

Orior

Anyone who posts in this thread is gay.

Hang on, oh feck it.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Ulick

Quote from: qwerty123 on October 18, 2011, 10:23:54 AM
The North Face seem to be the best, according to reviews - slightly dear though.
The North Face Evolution Triclimate Jacket is approx. £150 but you get a fleece and a coat, seems decent enough value as most reviews have given nothing but praise. 

The wife got me one of these for going to Finland with work last year. Good job and the coat is light enough for our summers. She got it on offer at some shop down town along with fleece lined gloves for around £90.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Declan on October 18, 2011, 10:55:42 AM
QuoteI got a Regatta padded-waterproof coat about four years ago and it's brilliant - I spend a lot of time in winter standing on sidelines, and i've never got cold while wearing it

Thanks Dec, you say the nicest things.  ;)

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Billys Boots on October 18, 2011, 01:27:29 PM

Always had visions of Billy roaring on his young lads wearing this..

#newbridgeornowhere

qwerty123

Just looking about for a good warm thing that keeps the wind and rain away while taking teams.  The North face was pretty dear so just that I'd look for some info on similar products at lower prices!

pullhard

I do fair bit of walking, climbing, larking about in the hills. I can comfortably say that TNF triclimate is pish. Its a poor jacket and a thick fleece. TNF brand isn't great the quality is has been dropping over the years. I have seen a fair about of folk get a good soaking while out wearing TNF.

Look for other brands, mountain hardware, mountain equipment, marmot, paramo, RAB... etc.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 18, 2011, 01:50:04 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on October 18, 2011, 01:27:29 PM

Always had visions of Billy roaring on his young lads wearing this..

That was old Boots - this is new Boots.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: qwerty123 on October 18, 2011, 10:23:54 AM
The cold winds and winter snow weren't long in coming back!  Any good recommendations for a warm and long-lasting coat?!  I've been buying cheapish ones and don't tend to last or keep me all that warm.

Triclimate jacket is £125 from Cotswolds.

http://emailnews.cotswoldoutdoor.com/servlet/formlink/f?JOhmlQTAS

ardal

Is Decathlon (sports store) there yet?

Buy one of their home brands, they're the deal

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ardal on October 20, 2011, 08:51:12 PM
Is Decathlon (sports store) there yet?

Buy one of their home brands, they're the deal
I think there is a Decathlon at Holywood Exchange near Ikea.

Gabriel_Hurl

Get one of these yokes - The Canada Goose Calgary Jacket - a bargain at only 500 yoyo's