Stephen Cluxton

Started by Tommo2, September 18, 2011, 05:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

It's a problem with society. The "public" don't own these people. You read the thread and it's like he owes x, y and z. Whoever in the dublin squad probably knows what is going on with him and it's nobody else's business.

Armagh18

He owes nobody anything. I'm sure the Dublin management know whether or not he will be back. Pundits are just trying to create a story and are raging he hasn't made a statement and are kept out of the loop.

If he has retired all the very best to him. What a player.

Shamrock Shore

Unfortunately for him by not saying anything he is generating more wind in terms of speculation and comment.

He owes nobody anything so if he wants to do a Greta Garbo then that should be fine with everyone.

Vacant manager's position in Longford..........

Captain Scarlet

I am sure Dessie and the management team are not as 'in the dark' as the headlines will tell you. They know Cluxton is a private fella and will only ever give away the bare minimum.

Cluxton was never going to take to Insta to thank the fans or do a big sit-down chat and f**k it he doesn't need to tell people anything. He was due back and now he is staying with the club a bit longer.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

yellowcard

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on July 05, 2021, 11:06:21 AM
I am sure Dessie and the management team are not as 'in the dark' as the headlines will tell you. They know Cluxton is a private fella and will only ever give away the bare minimum.

Cluxton was never going to take to Insta to thank the fans or do a big sit-down chat and f**k it he doesn't need to tell people anything. He was due back and now he is staying with the club a bit longer.

You have to admire Cluxton, he is his own man and doesn't give a stuff about the media or worrying about press releases unlike some players with a fraction of his standing in the game. I do get the impression that Dessie Farrell isn't being honest with the public here though.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: yellowcard on July 05, 2021, 11:23:45 AM

You have to admire Cluxton, he is his own man and doesn't give a stuff about the media or worrying about press releases unlike some players with a fraction of his standing in the game. I do get the impression that Dessie Farrell isn't being honest with the public here though.

Its got nothing to do with the public in fairness, whether Dessie feels what he said covers the truth or not is not up for debate really, was great to hear ones complaining on Sunday sport
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 05, 2021, 11:30:18 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on July 05, 2021, 11:23:45 AM

Its got nothing to do with the public in fairness, whether Dessie feels what he said covers the truth or not is not up for debate really, was great to hear ones complaining on Sunday sport
Absolutely

HP

Quote from: lfdown2 on July 05, 2021, 09:57:15 AM
Quote from: APM on July 05, 2021, 09:47:09 AM
Quote from: lfdown2 on July 05, 2021, 09:10:09 AM
Quote from: Will it ever end on July 05, 2021, 08:57:44 AM
Paul Flynn would be one of Stephen's best mates - his words this morning show there's clearly more to this than retiring - hope all is ok.

He is 100% right, I'm sure Dessie and the squad are suitably informed as to Cluxton's availability or otherwise, what those on the SG are really complaining about is that they don't have the inside track on the story, they nor us have any entitlement to it imo.

What did Flynn say?

https://twitter.com/Flinto23/status/1411952520541487105

"Stephen Cluxton deserves time and space if he needs/wants it. It's an amateur sport, he isn't contracted or obligated play. He can opt in or out or be deselected at any time! Nobody knows what's going on in any players life as to why they need/ want a break. Nonsense on the SG!"

That's it, why does he have to officially retire how many here "retired" from club action!

APM

Quote from: HP on July 05, 2021, 11:44:37 AM
Quote from: lfdown2 on July 05, 2021, 09:57:15 AM
Quote from: APM on July 05, 2021, 09:47:09 AM
Quote from: lfdown2 on July 05, 2021, 09:10:09 AM
Quote from: Will it ever end on July 05, 2021, 08:57:44 AM
Paul Flynn would be one of Stephen's best mates - his words this morning show there's clearly more to this than retiring - hope all is ok.

He is 100% right, I'm sure Dessie and the squad are suitably informed as to Cluxton's availability or otherwise, what those on the SG are really complaining about is that they don't have the inside track on the story, they nor us have any entitlement to it imo.

What did Flynn say?

https://twitter.com/Flinto23/status/1411952520541487105

"Stephen Cluxton deserves time and space if he needs/wants it. It's an amateur sport, he isn't contracted or obligated play. He can opt in or out or be deselected at any time! Nobody knows what's going on in any players life as to why they need/ want a break. Nonsense on the SG!"

That's it, why does he have to officially retire how many here "retired" from club action!

He is reputed to be very private.  When the big names retire, there is a routine these days where they announce it and then lap up the plaudits.  I can understand why players do it.  But if you are private and think all of that is a load of bollocks, I can understand why you wouldn't be arsed. 

But then again, that might have absolutely nothing to do with it ...... ;D

rodney trotter

He could still let the management know either way. Its no good for Evan Comferford  not knowing if he going to lose his spot if Cluxton goes back in. But I doubt he will at this stage.

There was some rumours Cluxton was annoyed about the Dublin training session during lockdown.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 05, 2021, 11:57:40 AM
He could still let the management know either way. Its no good for Evan Comferford  not knowing if he going to lose his spot if Cluxton goes back in. But I doubt he will at this stage.

There was some rumours Cluxton was annoyed about the Dublin training session during lockdown.

If McCaffery made himself available again, he'd be taking someone's position, all players shouldn't think the position is theirs until the get the nod, hopefully Comerford keeps it when/if Cluxton comes back, to be honest the 14 other players usually win the game, and as good as Cluxton is I've always felt for most parts the better players were outfield players
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rodney trotter

I don't see him coming back at this stage.  The season will be wrapped up in August. Cluxton was always committed to playing some part in the league and early rounds of championship

larryin89

Hes so private and likes to do things on the low key , like sweeping the dressing room after winning the all Ireland,  I'd say he was awful upset when there was pics taken of him doing that him been soooooo low key and all that .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

tonto1888

Quote from: larryin89 on July 05, 2021, 04:14:20 PM
Hes so private and likes to do things on the low key , like sweeping the dressing room after winning the all Ireland,  I'd say he was awful upset when there was pics taken of him doing that him been soooooo low key and all that .

Did cluxton shite in your cornflakes one morning or something?

Baile Brigín 2

Cluxton is a strange man and its no surprise we are in a strange situation.

He is either in or he is out. Short term, long term, doesn't matter. If he wants a year off, best of luck to him, he deserves it. Put he needs to piss or get off the pot.