Dublin v Tyrone quarter final 6.8.11 SFC 2011

Started by orangeman, July 24, 2011, 06:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donegal lad

Quote from: J70 on August 06, 2011, 08:38:56 PM
Quote from: ross4life on August 06, 2011, 08:36:36 PM
Terrible performance by Tyrone, Dublin could/should have more this by 15pts will be interesting to see how Dublin handle the hype now.

Dublin v Donegal will be a intriguing tie.

The hype will start now. I wish Dublin had taken a couple of goals... we'd be going in without a prayer!
Couldn't have put it better myself no one will give us a chance in 3 weeks time and we will happily go into the game as extreme underdogs but Jim was up at the game tonight and will go off and prepare the lads as good as he can and we will give it one hell of a crack at it on the 28th can't wait

haze

Quote from: WeePeteIsALegend on August 06, 2011, 09:07:14 PM
Quote from: haze on August 06, 2011, 08:57:59 PM
Quote from: WeePeteIsALegend on August 06, 2011, 08:47:04 PM
Donegal at 11/1 for the All Ireland. Yes please.

They were 13/2 yesterday. That's some drift. If Dublin and it's a big if reproduce the same intensity of performance I can't see Donegal living with them. Dublin are more direct than Kildare so Donegal will find it more difficult to funnel players back. Having said that I been wrong alot of times this year.

Dublin seen to get away with alot of over carrying during the game. McCauley and Alan Brogan definitely went around a few players during the making great use of a few extra steps

Check on Betfair mi chara, their still 11.5 if you fancy a stab

Probably 13/2 at the bookies, the robbing b*******!

Ok that makes alot more sense, thanks. 7/1 now with PP. Dublin 7/4

gallsman

Very disappointing Tyrone performance. Taking nothing away from Dublin though, they were great. Full forward line and midfield won it for them. For two lads like McAuley and Bastick who have little enough actual footballing ability in them, they were absolutely dominant.

The number of times Tyrone turned into double tackles was shocking - didn't appear to have a game plan at all. Harte, Collie Cavanagh and Mulligan were dreadful, as was Hughes. Sean Cavanagh was virtually anonymous from play.

As for the Dubs, the Brogans are just magical. Alan has come back strong this year after a few years of distinct averageness. He still kicks the odd bad miss. Still don't rate Connolly but he was great today. Wasn't under too much pressure when taking his points.

Still think Kerry will win the AI comfortably but Dublin are an awful lot better than I thought.

The Worker

When does the scramble for the final tickets start?

Jinxy

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 06, 2011, 09:17:06 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on August 06, 2011, 09:10:20 PM
GAA printing Kerry V Dublin final tickets as we speak ;)

No thanks, they would hammer us. Hopefully, we will engineer an honourable exit the next day and spare ourselves the humiliation.

That's some quality long range yerra-ing.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

spuds

Quote from: gallsman on August 06, 2011, 09:31:11 PM
Very disappointing Tyrone performance. Taking nothing away from Dublin though, they were great. Full forward line and midfield won it for them. For two lads like McAuley and Bastick who have little enough actual footballing ability in them, they were absolutely dominant.

The number of times Tyrone turned into double tackles was shocking - didn't appear to have a game plan at all. Harte, Collie Cavanagh and Mulligan were dreadful, as was Hughes. Sean Cavanagh was virtually anonymous from play.

As for the Dubs, the Brogans are just magical. Alan has come back strong this year after a few years of distinct averageness. He still kicks the odd bad miss. Still don't rate Connolly but he was great today. Wasn't under too much pressure when taking his points.

Still think Kerry will win the AI comfortably but Dublin are an awful lot better than I thought.
Whatever you are smoking/injecting had messed up your head. Don't know where to start with how wrong you are.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Shrewdness

Love them or hate them, it's hats off to Dublin. What an awesome performance. It wasn't achieved against one of the lesser lights, but against a team who still harboured hopes of winning this year's All Ireland.

Is it now a case of ' will the real Diarmuid Connolly stand up'......His form has been patchy in the last few games, but to score 0-7, and none of them easy ones, was top class form.

Bernard Brogan can play better than he did tonight, and i felt that he took the wrong option once or twice when goal chances were on....A class player though.

If they can keep this up, it will be very hard to see them beaten.

INDIANA

Dont rate Connolly. Come back to me when Antrim remotely have a player in his class.

A victory for other fellow gym monkeys like the Kildare footballers and Fyffes bananas.

When you need you humble pie Screen- I've got lashings of it to dish out.

As regards Kerry winning it handy. Not so sure. We're much better then I thought we were.

But sure we're useless and over hyped. ;D

Tyrones own

Fair play to the Dubs... One of the best performances I've seen in a long long time,
the kick passing was second to none as well as the long range points from play.
One could say that the FF line was given way to much room but Tyrone threw all they
had at it and could do nothing with them.
Watch the hype lads and kick on and win it now, If ye can keep that intensity and accuracy,
I can see it happening handy enough!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

borderfox

What a performance from Dublin. A masterclass.I cant see Donegal getting near them after that performance. Thats the end of the road for that Tyrone team losing by 7 points flattered them in the end.
I reckon if Dublin can score 13 points or more they'll see off Donegal easily.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

gallsman

Quote from: INDIANA on August 06, 2011, 09:41:49 PM

Dont rate Connolly. Come back to me when Antrim remotely have a player in his class.

A victory for other fellow gym monkeys like the Kildare footballers and Fyffes bananas.

As regards Kerry winning it handy. Not so sure. We're much better then I thought we were.

God, you're petty. What on earth does my being from Antrim have to do with anything? Yes, I don't rate Connolly, much like most of Dublin when he went missing for two years. He played very, very well today and certainly took some lovely scores. Whether he can do that with a defender within ten yards of him on All-Ireland final day is a different matter. Or a Donegal man living in his pants for 70 mins.

LeoMc

Quote from: Jinxy on August 06, 2011, 09:36:18 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 06, 2011, 09:17:06 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on August 06, 2011, 09:10:20 PM
GAA printing Kerry V Dublin final tickets as we speak ;)

No thanks, they would hammer us. Hopefully, we will engineer an honourable exit the next day and spare ourselves the humiliation.

That's some quality long range yerra-ing.

Against these packed defences you have to take your Yerra from distance. It is why Kerry are consistently so sucessful, the cute hoors can adapt to the new forms of mind games.   

INDIANA

Quote from: gallsman on August 06, 2011, 09:57:30 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 06, 2011, 09:41:49 PM

God, you're petty. What on earth does my being from Antrim have to do with anything? Yes, I don't rate Connolly, much like most of Dublin when he went missing for two years. He played very, very well today and certainly took some lovely scores. Whether he can do that with a defender within ten yards of him on All-Ireland final day is a different matter. Or a Donegal man living in his pants for 70 mins.

Whatever. I'd say you'll need to go the dentist tomorrow you're speaking through gritted teeth so much!

Bensars

Dissapointing from a tyrone perspective but credit on the Dubs on the manner of their victory. Was half hoping for the second half demise that had characterised Dublin over the not too distant past. They have taken on a little bit of "nouse". They seemed to have learned lessons from the past to their benefit. A powerful display throughout.

Wouldnt agree with some of the previous posters on cynicism. Nice teams can get to quarter finals but to go the extra step needs the but of guile. Dont think you would hear any Tyrone players or management complain about as they themselves realised they had to adopt it into their game to progress from  their position in the mid 90's to what we have enjoyed over the last deccade almost.

Tonights Dublins night and fair play.

If some of the stalwarts from that Tyrone side are to exit stage left, they do so with their helds held high and the knowledge that they gave so much joy to so many. Their  biggest achievement is not only the medals they won but the inspiration that that they leave behind to generation of young ones,that someone from the county can win all irelands and who dream of one day wearing the gaelic jersey of county

Jinxy

The encouraging thing for Dublin is that they've got this far without Bernard Brogan playing particularly well.
If he really hits form I think they can go all the way.
If you were any use you'd be playing.