Roscommon v Tyrone

Started by EC Unique, July 20, 2011, 12:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: LeoMc on July 27, 2011, 09:25:41 AM
Quote from: snippets on July 27, 2011, 12:03:03 AM
ID love to agree, but I suspect theres a touch of anti ageism and favouritism going on.  I didnt see any benefit myself last week, but I can see us getting chinned for it later on. P Harte, Swift, Cassidy, Sean O Neill,  have been the finds of the season yet I fear we may still hark back to yesteryears later on.

No real benefit in the Armagh game. As a stand alon it would have been more benefitial to bring the likes of MecKenna and McNabb on but as part of the plan for this year it was of benefit in giving these men game time.

If, against Roscommon or Dublin if we get that far, our backs are agaisnt the wall and we need a lift it is these experienced men who can do it but they need the game time.

Spot on. At this stage it is about match sharpness for the players that will be needed in this years campaign, not about giving game time to young boys of tomorrow. They should be happy to be involved with the panel at this stage of the season.

seafoid

Where are all you Rossies? Ros have one less all-Ireland than Tyrone. You would think Tyrone were Kerry the respect they are getting from you. 

Redhand Santa

Quote from: snippets on July 27, 2011, 12:03:03 AM
ID love to agree, but I suspect theres a touch of anti ageism and favouritism going on.  I didnt see any benefit myself last week, but I can see us getting chinned for it later on. P Harte, Swift, Cassidy, Sean O Neill,  have been the finds of the season yet I fear we may still hark back to yesteryears later on.

The only ageism is from fans looking to play younger players simply cause they're younger. I know in a big game I'd rather be throwing in the likes of McGinley who has the experience. Having been at every u21 game this year there's not a chance McKenna is ready to play midfield at senior level. I trust Harte's judgement more than the fans making calls for every young player to be introduced.

raff

Frustrating to read of some people talking about Tyrone picking a team with the next game in mind. I'm sure the Tyrone management will be picking a team with the Roscommon game in mind. If they have one eye on a possible Dublin match (which I don't think they will) then the next game they will be planning for is the opening round of the McKenna Cup in Jan 2012.

Rois

Quote from: raff on July 27, 2011, 11:31:21 AM
Frustrating to read of some people talking about Tyrone picking a team with the next game in mind. I'm sure the Tyrone management will be picking a team with the Roscommon game in mind. If they have one eye on a possible Dublin match (which I don't think they will) then the next game they will be planning for is the opening round of the McKenna Cup in Jan 2012.
You're right, stop posting on that other thread and keep this one above it.  MH will not be so stupid as to let them start thinking of a potential quarter final and there's enough experienced heads in the panel to stop any silliness from within. 
Will this be the game where Sean Cavanagh clicks into gear and produces what he's capable of?  If Stevie remains "very doubtful" as per MH in today's Irish News, perhaps we could do with Sean in there and put Colm in midfield with Hub.

Mr. Nakata

No Stevie and probably no Cassidy, though he may get a run out. Can't see many changes, if any when team named tomorrow night.

snippets

Jeez I hope Mc Ginley and Harte have as much in them this year as you guys think.   To the guy who talked about Mugsy throwing the Dummy out, have some respect.   
this bus aint gonna drive itself.

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on July 27, 2011, 09:52:00 AM
Where are all you Rossies? Ros have one less all-Ireland than Tyrone. You would think Tyrone were Kerry the respect they are getting from you.

Our All Ireland Winners(Senior) are a biteen long in the tooth now while Tyrone still have a lot of theirs.
Hopefully our players will take your advice Seafoid and tear into Tyrone from the throw in and sod the respect.
If we start flutin around handpassing and foostering we will be bet out the gate.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

snippets

I must admit Im looking forward to seeing Shine playing.  Class footballer. 
this bus aint gonna drive itself.

Rossfan

Hope ye let him show his class  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross matt

If Kilbride is'nt fit Tyrone will double up on Shine and cancel him out. We will really struggle to get scores from play then. Alot will depend on Cregg but his ball carrying style wont work against this opposition. However if he starts on the inside line he can definitely win his own ball and take scores. We really need to win midfield and whilst (thanks mainly to Finneran) we've done so over the last 2 seasons Sean Cavanagh's mobility will trouble us out there. Bottom line we really need Senan to be back and on hiis game to have a chance. Also Fergie must be tempted to shake up a few positions like centre forward etc.

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on July 27, 2011, 02:34:37 PM

Our All Ireland Winners(Senior) are a biteen long in the tooth now while Tyrone still have a lot of theirs.
Hopefully our players will take your advice Seafoid and tear into Tyrone from the throw in and sod the respect.
If we start flutin around handpassing and foostering we will be bet out the gate.
Tyrone aren't going to win the all Ireland .
Ros need the balls that the minors had in 2006.

macdanger2

Would like to see O'Gara back fit, he looks like a great footballer but it's hard expecting him to be up to this level after so long out.

Keep her lit for an All-Connacht AIF ;)

nrico2006

Quote from: seafoid on July 27, 2011, 03:56:31 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 27, 2011, 02:34:37 PM

Tyrone aren't going to win the all Ireland .
Ros need the balls that the minors had in 2006.

That's the beauty and attraction of the football championship and sport in general, nobody knows who will win in the end.  Tyrone have at least as good a chance as any of the teams left in the draw.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Goin Down

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 27, 2011, 03:57:13 PM
Would like to see O'Gara back fit, he looks like a great footballer but it's hard expecting him to be up to this level after so long out.

Keep her lit for an All-Connacht AIF ;)

The dream final!  8) It'd be some craic in the border towns the night weeks before!
Remember This.