Armagh v Wicklow

Started by bennydorano, June 26, 2011, 08:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

QuoteSurely that was McDonnell in 2003.

This was one of the most influential non-goals.

Clarke's non-goal may not prove that important if Armagh win on Sunday, but it would have been a cracker.

He might do a reprise on Saturday.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: All of a Sludden on July 13, 2011, 03:31:49 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 13, 2011, 03:17:04 PM
I take then that there are no seated tickets?

I take it you have never been to Aughrim?

Never. Please enlighten me.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

All of a Sludden

Quote from: All of a Sludden on July 13, 2011, 08:23:51 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 13, 2011, 07:56:04 PM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on July 13, 2011, 03:31:49 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 13, 2011, 03:17:04 PM
I take then that there are no seated tickets?

I take it you have never been to Aughrim?

Never. Please enlighten me.

There are very few seats, very few anything in fact, its probably worse than Drogheda, but Aughrim is a very nice village.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

under the bar

QuoteThere are very few seats, very few anything in fact, its probably worse than Drogheda, but Aughrim is a very nice village.

It is old, but it is beautiful...

PAULD123

Quote from: armaghniac on July 13, 2011, 05:26:13 PM
QuoteSurely that was McDonnell in 2003.

This was one of the most influential non-goals.

Clarke's non-goal may not prove that important if Armagh win on Sunday, but it would have been a cracker.

He might do a reprise on Saturday.

In the 1994 Ulster final Jamesy was fouled in the corner, in the process his boot came off. Donnelly (I think) picked it up but instead of giving it back to James he threw it into the crowd. Wee James was incensed and tapped a quick free, took the return and soloed straight through the Tyrone defence wearing just one boot. He was just about to pull the trigger when he was hauled down. The penalty was awarded, and it was indeed scored so no injustice done.

But had James scored a goal in the Ulster final by soloing through a defence wearing only one boot, I think it would have become one of those legendary pieces of footage that get cycled around by TV broadcasters regularly.

Not the most important non-goal, because we got and scored the penalty, but just shows there are these occasions that leave you thinking "what might have been" long after the event. Times when you know you so nearly witnessed something that would have been significant but ultimately will mean nothing in the long-term.

mrgaa1

at least the season ticket will get us in.  I hope that its a great game, played in the right spirit and two great sets of supporters supporting their team - just like last week.
Championship fever is upon us all

BerfArmagh

Whats the story with the injuries, i hear mc keever is doubtful... hope its not the case.... ARe they showing the match on rte??? probably show kildare v wicklow!!

Goats Do Shave

Anybody staying down? Was thinking of getting a B & B or cheap hotel room somewhere.

I think Aughrim is booked out, anyone advise on a neighbouring village or town?

Arklow maybe?

Imposerous

Quote from: mrgaa1 on July 14, 2011, 11:47:41 AM
at least the season ticket will get us in.  I hope that its a great game, played in the right spirit and two great sets of supporters supporting their team - just like last week.
Championship fever is upon us all

What way do the Season Tickets work?  Are you billed whether you attend or not?   "Unfortunatley" I have a wedding on Saturday so won't be able to get to Aughrim.  Last Saturday evening I paid in at the turnstile: were tickets to have been sent out in advance (if so they didn't arrive)? 

Goats Do Shave

Do you not get the emails from office?

You get your card scanned at specific gate numbers. Only all ticket matches are tickets sent out.

You get charged unless you use your 'opt out' card, whether you attend or not.

under the bar

QuoteAnybody staying down? Was thinking of getting a B & B or cheap hotel room somewhere.

I think Aughrim is booked out, anyone advise on a neighbouring village or town?

You could stay in Derry, Aughrim, Enniskillen or the Boyne!

ardal

Quote from: BerfArmagh on July 14, 2011, 11:49:17 AM
Whats the story with the injuries, i hear mc keever is doubtful... hope its not the case.... ARe they showing the match on rte??? probably show kildare v wicklow!!

Very tough day for Wicklow. I have they have a strong enough panel :P

Imposerous

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on July 14, 2011, 02:19:02 PM
Do you not get the emails from office?

You get your card scanned at specific gate numbers. Only all ticket matches are tickets sent out.

You get charged unless you use your 'opt out' card, whether you attend or not.
Cheers, Goats. Brother-in-law ordered mine at the start of the year and had both mine and his sent to his address. He's in the States on hols at mo. So, would I need a physical hard ticket on or would the swiping of the ST get me in?

armaghniac

QuoteSo, would I need a physical hard ticket on or would the swiping of the ST get me in?

Please see the Season Ticket information below.
Fixture: Armagh v Wicklow
GAA FOOTBALL ALL IRELAND SENIOR CHAMPIONSHIP 2011 ROUND 2 - Replay

Venue: Aughrim
Date: Saturday 16/07/2011

Price: Adults: €5 Juveniles: €Nil
Please enter through designated season stile at main entrance

Your season ticket(card) will gain you entry to the match.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Imposerous

Thanks, lads. Just to negotiate my way out of a wedding now!