fan01

is the game all ticket???

drici

fan01

Quote from: drici on July 11, 2011, 09:04:04 PM
Quote from: fan01 on July 11, 2011, 09:02:47 PM

is the game all ticket???

No.

sorry just after finding out that the game is an all ticket event...

naka

Quote from: AFS on July 11, 2011, 07:47:01 PM
Noticed the free count in the paper there:

Wicklow - 30
Armagh - 13

The Micko factor!
Wait to aughrim to you see the micko factor
How am I still confident we can do it

drici

bennydorano

Quote from: AFS on July 11, 2011, 05:59:23 PM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 11, 2011, 12:29:14 PM
I would have CV at centre back - the alternatives are Martin (not in good form), McKenna (big ask for one so young) and Donaghy (he played very well at 3 - leave well alone). By withdawing CV from midfield, I would give Lavery the benefit of the doubt, as he did not play well on Saturday.

This is interesting from a Harps man. I wouldn't have been that impressed by any of the brief stints that Vernon has spent in defence for Armagh. His marking wouldn't be great and his style of tackling sometimes isn't the most controlled, often selling himself by diving in for the big hit. On the other hand McKenna didn't look out of place at all on Saturday in the HB line, and would have plenty of experienced heads around him if he was asked to fill in at 6.
i'd be inclined to go with Deccie McKenna myself, I've a lot of faith in him, great reader of a game but can be lax with the marking himself.  It would be a big ask, but he's big enough to look after himself and certainly wouldn't be cowed.

Armaghgael

Im not a fan of John Murtagh but i think its time someone stuck up for him. He`s not just there for who he is sher he was New Yorks top score last year and a heard he scored 2-10 in training last week off two of our starting defenders

Give the lad a break :)
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Fuzzman

Just watched the highlights of this game. What was the story with the big lad running down the steps and trying to jump the fence?

Armaghgael

Can you post a link for the highlights if possible please? Cheers
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Hardy

Quote from: naka on July 11, 2011, 09:20:11 PM
Quote from: AFS on July 11, 2011, 07:47:01 PM
Noticed the free count in the paper there:

Wicklow - 30
Armagh - 13

The Micko factor!
Wait to aughrim to you see the micko factor

What?

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 11, 2011, 11:28:51 PM
Just watched the highlights of this game. What was the story with the big lad running down the steps and trying to jump the fence?

:D  I remarked him myself - was after each Wicklow goal. I thought for a minute it was a very angry Armagh fan, such was the manner in which he charged down - but surely must have been Wicklow.

Quote from: bennydorano on July 11, 2011, 09:42:38 PM
Quote from: AFS on July 11, 2011, 05:59:23 PM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 11, 2011, 12:29:14 PM
I would have CV at centre back - the alternatives are Martin (not in good form), McKenna (big ask for one so young) and Donaghy (he played very well at 3 - leave well alone). By withdawing CV from midfield, I would give Lavery the benefit of the doubt, as he did not play well on Saturday.

This is interesting from a Harps man. I wouldn't have been that impressed by any of the brief stints that Vernon has spent in defence for Armagh. His marking wouldn't be great and his style of tackling sometimes isn't the most controlled, often selling himself by diving in for the big hit. On the other hand McKenna didn't look out of place at all on Saturday in the HB line, and would have plenty of experienced heads around him if he was asked to fill in at 6.
i'd be inclined to go with Deccie McKenna myself, I've a lot of faith in him, great reader of a game but can be lax with the marking himself.  It would be a big ask, but he's big enough to look after himself and certainly wouldn't be cowed.

Well, the debate on Charlie's best position doesn't just belong to Armagh - that debate also occurs within our Club!! Deccie is a future number six for the County -  I'm sure of that, but given he only made his Championship debut on Saturday, and only saw fleeting appearances during the league, I think it is a big ask to consider him in centre half back. If not Deccie, then I feel it comes down to CV or Brendan Donaghy, and either way we're already in 'robbing Peter...' territory. More options at midfield thus suggests for me the best accommodaton is CV at six.   

PAULD123

Losing McKeever is a big blow for Armagh. Swift and Toner also mean Armagh will be below their best. It is a pity that players get injured. I would always prefer to see the best of one county play the best of another.

It is a sad thing but I think eventually the counties that make the last four will be decided in no small part to the injury situation in any given county. Look at Derry, they've lost both Bradleys and now look like they will find it very difficult to challenge. Down's problems are easing but maybe their players will not be back before it is too late.

I hope Armagh, like every county, get their players back soon and win or lose on fair terms.

But c'est la vie, it is a pity but just something that has to accepted

onefaircounty

MOR seems he will never finish a game regardless of how he plays, fair play to Mackin - been really good this year. Murtagh is not this level but he doesn't deserve abuse.