Mitchell, Gay
3 (1.5%)
Norris, David
7 (3.4%)
Scallon, Dana Rosemary
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

Hardy

FF will hardly run a candidate now. Who'd want to be the candidate that was second choice after Gay Byrne?

ross matt

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 13, 2011, 01:42:12 PM
No Gay Byrne now either - http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0813/byrneg.html

Happy to see him out but the pompous condescending little git let it run long enough to get himself a nice ego massage in the polls. Now that the profile enhancing exercise is over he can return to peruse through the next set of specially commissioned programmes RTE have lined up for him at our expense. Who needs a pension with such lucrative retirement hobbies to avail of.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 13, 2011, 03:33:12 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on August 13, 2011, 03:16:38 PM
Whoever it is it could hardly be worse than your guys choice! I reckon it will be Brian Crowley.

You're wild obsessed with FF! At the lowest ebb in their history and you are still worried they'll beat your beloved blueshirts in the presidential election! No prizes for 2nd inthis one though I reckon.

I don't think FG have a hope of winning it, not so bothered as long as it doesn't go to the Failers, Shinners or the Vatican.

Who will get it though? Seen as FG in your own eyes won't.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Maguire01

Michael D must be a clear front-runner at this stage. Unless someone new enters the race.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 13, 2011, 07:15:51 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 13, 2011, 03:33:12 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on August 13, 2011, 03:16:38 PM
Whoever it is it could hardly be worse than your guys choice! I reckon it will be Brian Crowley.

You're wild obsessed with FF! At the lowest ebb in their history and you are still worried they'll beat your beloved blueshirts in the presidential election! No prizes for 2nd inthis one though I reckon.

I don't think FG have a hope of winning it, not so bothered as long as it doesn't go to the Failers, Shinners or the Vatican.

Who will get it though? Seen as FG in your own eyes won't.

Think it will be Micheal D. Higgins based on the field so far, he should get alot of the FG and FF transfers, he isn't an untouchable for SF voters too imo. I was however a little dissapointed in his input in the RTE debate a few weeks back, maybe it was nerves.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ross matt on August 13, 2011, 06:15:53 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on August 13, 2011, 01:42:12 PM
No Gay Byrne now either - http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0813/byrneg.html

Happy to see him out but the pompous condescending little git let it run long enough to get himself a nice ego massage in the polls. Now that the profile enhancing exercise is over he can return to peruse through the next set of specially commissioned programmes RTE have lined up for him at our expense. Who needs a pension with such lucrative retirement hobbies to avail of.

It was clear that was all he was at, therefore the lack of panic among the other candidates.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Feck Sake, Fianna Fáil are like a travelling circus.

From politics.ie   

http://www.politics.ie/forum/irish-presidential-election-2011/167738-fianna-fail-sounded-out-miriam-ocallaghan-about-being-partys-nominee-aras.html

"In the middle of tomorrow's Sunday Independent lead-story where they almost beg David Norris to re-enter the race (suggesting he could get the nomination from Fianna Fáil) comes a report that Fianna Fail "sounded out" Miriam O'Callaghan to be the party's candidate.

Fianna Fail had also sounded out the RTE broadcaster Miriam O'Callaghan

There's nothing further about what discussions took place with the RTE current affairs presenter, but it may perhaps raise questions over what discussions took place and to what extent was she discussing with Fianna Fail (and others) about an aras run. Earlier today on twitter she declined to say who she'd support for President because of her need to remain impartial.

Can't have views on any potential candidates though as I'll be covering election"

politics.ie

Maguire01

I would have thought that Miriam O'Callaghan would be a strong enough candidate, even if the FF brand is toxic.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 14, 2011, 12:15:10 AM
I would have thought that Miriam O'Callaghan would be a strong enough candidate, even if the FF brand is toxic.

If she lost and wanted to return to RTE she would be as credible as George Lee. Is the Aras big enough for her family?  :D

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 13, 2011, 02:47:53 PM
Who will Fianna Fáil's next candidate be?

Ryan Tubridy
Ray D'Arcy
Brendan O'Connor
Willie O'Dea
Miriam O'Callaghan

;)  :D

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

:D It gets worse, also new today from politics.ie

http://www.politics.ie/forum/irish-presidential-election-2011/167744-gallagher-asked-resign-fianna-fail-ne-replied-offering-continued-support-fianna-fail.html

Likely Presidential candidate Sean Gallagher was a member of Fianna Fáil. We all know that. We all also know he was a member of the party's National Executive.

When asked about this, he says he only attended two meetings in 2009 and resigned in January of this year. None of that is disputed.

However what went before is interesting. The Sunday Business Post's Niamh Conolly reports in this morning's Sunday Business Post that Gallagher was actually asked by the party to resign from the position for failing to turn up to meetings. The SBP reports that Gallagher confirmed in September 2010 to resign from the position, in a verbal discussion with the party.

In the letter of resignation from the position addressed to the party's General Secretary, Sean Dorgan, Connolly reports that it quotes Gallagher saying that he offers "continued support to you and your colleagues in this challenging period for the party".

politics.ie

ziggysego

Fianna Fail have approached Micheal O Muircheartaigh to run for President and he's considering it:

http://www.herald.ie/news/gaa-icon-micheal-considers-ff-offer-of-aras-bid-2848525.html
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggysego on August 15, 2011, 04:59:30 PM
Fianna Fail have approached Micheal O Muircheartaigh to run for President and he's considering it:

http://www.herald.ie/news/gaa-icon-micheal-considers-ff-offer-of-aras-bid-2848525.html
They must be desperate asking a man in his 80s to consider running. The same way talk of John Hume (in his 70s) was desperate.

Maguire01

Sam Smyth was on Radio Ulster this morning saying that "the smart money in Dublin" is that Sinn Fein will put up Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin as their candidate.

glens abu

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 15, 2011, 08:22:06 PM
Sam Smyth was on Radio Ulster this morning saying that "the smart money in Dublin" is that Sinn Fein will put up Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin as their candidate.

Think if they are going to run anyone it will be him as he would be the natural choice