Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2011

Started by drici, May 21, 2011, 12:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ogshead on November 27, 2011, 04:30:54 PM
People have posted here before about how bad Armagh football is. Cross have now won the last 5 Ulster Championships they have entered so the Ulster football must be bad too going by that way of thinking.

Yes but would it be better for Armagh football if there were more teams in Armagh winning the county Championship and then proving themselves in Ulster and beyond?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Etienne Lantier

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 27, 2011, 04:35:03 PM
People have posted here before about how bad Armagh football is. Cross have now won the last 5 Ulster Championships they have entered so the Ulster football must be bad too going by that way of thinking.

Yes but would it be better for Armagh football if there were more teams in Armagh winning the county Championship and then proving themselves in Ulster and beyond?

Why? As Jarlath Burns says, Pearse Og are probably the second best team in Ireland.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Etienne Lantier on November 27, 2011, 04:46:03 PM

Why? As Jarlath Burns says, Pearse Og are probably the second best team in Ireland.

Well that's shite talk in fairness
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ogshead

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 27, 2011, 04:50:12 PM

Well they're kicking everyone else's arse and only beat us by four. I'm sure it was a tongue in cheek comment he made but nobody else is getting close to them

fitzroyalty

Quote from: ogshead on November 27, 2011, 04:54:35 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 27, 2011, 04:50:12 PM

Well they're kicking everyone else's arse and only beat us by four. I'm sure it was a tongue in cheek comment he made but nobody else is getting close to them
Have to agree with ogshead, I've said it before, just because Cross are the best in the country doesn't automatically make the Armagh SFC shite. I reckon Ogs and Dromintee could have won Ulster in the last decade had it not been for Cross' dominance. The bar for the Armagh SFC is arguably raised higher than any other county in Ulster.

Edit: Congrats to Cross on another title. I blame Mullabawn.

Orchardman

Left nearly 15 mins early after watching both games today, game was over when it was 4-0 and burren got man sent off. Congrates to cross

Down football is brutal, sicken ya's!!

bennydorano

Burren lucky to get out only beaten by 7.  I'd be very interested to hear Cross' wide count must have been near 15.  Sending off didn't help Burren but it was looking very ominous before yer man got the line.  Referee tried his best to get Burren back into the game by giving a succession of ridiculously soft frees at the start of the 2nd half, think he caught himself on a bit after hearing the laughter form the stands.

thought young James Morgan in corner back was MOTM, closely followed by Aaron cunningham and Jamie Clarke showed flashes of genius throughout. 

Judging by his performance today I assume David McKenna was the injury doubt BCB was acting the candyman about all week/  either that or he's shocking inconsistent.

sammymaguire

2-11 to 0-10 right folks??  ;D get on Cross to be lifting more silverware on 17 March!
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

thewobbler

Such a disappointment today, that game.

Cross are a superbly well oiled machine, and bar a handful of poor wides, didn't make or execute a bad decision between them all day. Their speed, mastery of the basics, and willingness to put the team first, is simply phenomenal. I'd even say unrivalled at any level of the sport.

There is a cynical aspect to the way they cut of attacks at source through deliberate fouls, but like the great Kerry teams, they do it with such style and accuracy, you'd hardly notice.

Burren were poor. The injuries and suspensions cost them dearly in that so many of their first XV froze today, with the right personnel on the bench, Dawson would have used all his subs within the first 20 mins. They also ran out of steam after giving it a decent lag after the break. Their handling was atrocious in the first half; the kind of thing that suggest a team distracted by events rather than focused on their game.

Sludden was a joke. Too interested in making decisions instead of letting football take place.

Best players on show, for me, were McKeown and O Callaghan, though the class of Cross's Armagh contingent played a huge factor in the game.

Well done Cross. Worthy champions.

Armaghtothebone

goal and a point

Quote from: thewobbler on November 27, 2011, 06:01:42 PM
Such a disappointment today, that game.

Cross are a superbly well oiled machine, and bar a handful of poor wides, didn't make or execute a bad decision between them all day. Their speed, mastery of the basics, and willingness to put the team first, is simply phenomenal. I'd even say unrivalled at any level of the sport.

There is a cynical aspect to the way they cut of attacks at source through deliberate fouls, but like the great Kerry teams, they do it with such style and accuracy, you'd hardly notice.

Burren were poor. The injuries and suspensions cost them dearly in that so many of their first XV froze today, with the right personnel on the bench, Dawson would have used all his subs within the first 20 mins. They also ran out of steam after giving it a decent lag after the break. Their handling was atrocious in the first half; the kind of thing that suggest a team distracted by events rather than focused on their game.

Sludden was a joke. Too interested in making decisions instead of letting football take place.

Best players on show, for me, were McKeown and O Callaghan, though the class of Cross's Armagh contingent played a huge factor in the game.

Well done Cross. Worthy champions.

was sludden reffing?

thewobbler

Haha maybe he wasn't refereeing. Someone told me it was him; maybe he was the linesman who made the call on McArdle. Ref was dire whoever he was.

junior9

what went on with the red card?  off the ball but who was on the receiving end?  punch or kick?

NP 76

Name of referee was Martin Higgins from Fermanagh Sludden was linesman . All wrote down on front of the programme . Sludden cant be blamed on everything

pearseog

the red card incident happened literally 10 yards from Sludden, yet it was the other linesman at the other side of the pitch that gave the red card!! cross are just a class above. Jamie Clarke's pass for Oisin's goal was out of this world!!