Champions league Semi-Finals

Started by new devil, April 13, 2011, 09:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

What is Adebayor's role in this Madrid team other than to run about and kick as many people as he can?

Blowitupref

Yeah a fussy ref however would have been very harsh if any player got sent off tonight! too much rolling around crying like babies for my liking.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Hoof Hearted

half of Mourinho's gameplan worked, a 1-1 draw in the Nou Camp. Although a 0-0 at home didnt pan out as well as he liked
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

paco

I'm probably the only one who thinks the RM goal was rightly disallowed. Ronaldo caught Mascherano as he fell over, I know it was an accident, but if the roles were reversed and the defender had somehow caught the attacker like this, it would have been a foul and (depending on whether it was the last man or not) a red card.

oakleafgael

Quote from: paco on May 03, 2011, 10:22:25 PM
I'm probably the only one who thinks the RM goal was rightly disallowed. Ronaldo caught Mascherano as he fell over, I know it was an accident, but if the roles were reversed and the defender had somehow caught the attacker like this, it would have been a foul and (depending on whether it was the last man or not) a red card.

The only reason Ronaldo caught the diving Argie was due to the foul on him by the centre half which caused him to fall. Goal should have stood. Barcelona are great to watch when they have the ball but the diving would soon sicken you.

paco

I agree with you on the diving. But, in my opinion, there was no diving on that occasion from Mascherano. Sometimes you would think this Barcelona team were the first team that has ever dived, cheated or broken the rules of football in any way.

Blowitupref

Mascherano made the foul & he was one of the worst at the diving, for the sake of the final hopefully he's not picked.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

oakleafgael

Quote from: paco on May 03, 2011, 10:30:05 PM
I agree with you on the diving. But, in my opinion, there was no diving on that occasion from Mascherano. Sometimes you would think this Barcelona team were the first team that has ever dived, cheated or broken the rules of football in any way.

He dived surely. The contact was enough to put him to ground but the swan lake effort just to make sure was obvious. What annoys me in particular with the Barcelona cheating is that its not as if they are a Porto and need to do it as part of their game to win. They should be remembered as one of the best footballing teams of all time but the theatrics will also stick in the memory. All the top teams have a diver or two but the running to the ref at every turn round is something that they have made their own recently.

paco

Quote from: oakleafgael on May 03, 2011, 10:39:14 PM

He dived surely. The contact was enough to put him to ground but the swan lake effort just to make sure was obvious. What annoys me in particular with the Barcelona cheating is that its not as if they are a Porto and need to do it as part of their game to win. They should be remembered as one of the best footballing teams of all time but the theatrics will also stick in the memory. All the top teams have a diver or two but the running to the ref at every turn round is something that they have made their own recently.

How can it be a dive if, as you rightly claim, the contact was enough to put him to the ground? Granted, his response was exaggerated (and it wasn't the only occasion, he was definitely the worst for theatrics on the night), but it was still a foul.

new devil

Barc are a joke, A crowd of cheaters and divers.... Hopefully whoever comes out of the other semi win it for the sake of football!!

oakleafgael

Quote from: paco on May 03, 2011, 10:42:45 PM

How can it be a dive if, as you rightly claim, the contact was enough to put him to the ground? Granted, his response was exaggerated (and it wasn't the only occasion, he was definitely the worst for theatrics on the night), but it was still a foul.

Call it an exaggeration if that makes you happier. Still cheating though.

oakleafgael

Quote from: new devil on May 03, 2011, 10:52:37 PM
Barc are a joke, A crowd of cheaters and divers.... Hopefully whoever comes out of the other semi win it for the sake of football!!

A now dont be coming all holier than though. A team with Rooney, Nani, Berbatov shouldnt be trying to take the high morale ground.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paco on May 03, 2011, 10:42:45 PM

It was not a foul, he was barely touched and was only touched because the defender knocked over Ronaldo in the first place.

Mascherano was a joke and never did this when in the EPL. They must do this when they play for Barca
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Barcelona are categorically the only team in the world who have divers.

They are also the only team in the world who hound referees.

They don't put up with that sort of thing in the Premiership. It's for real men.

gallsman

http://www.marca.com/2011/05/03/futbol/liga_campeones/1304455666.html

For any Spanish speakers (readers) - Marca being objective???

Essentailly says Barca were too good, they were no conspiracies, nothing to do with refs, UEFA or children's charities.

Digs thrown very obviously at Mourinho - saying his players "died on their feet" while he sat in his hotel.

The Copa del Rey might not save him.