Grand National

Started by winsamsoon, March 31, 2011, 03:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

Right lad heading over to the big one next week and wondering (from anyone who has been there of course) what is the dress code for the actual races. A few of the lads are talking suits but we are not in with the prawn sandwich brigade so i was going to go a little more casual. What the opinions?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Banana Man

i would say a bib is the most important thing, the amount of porter you will be throwing round ya  :D

winsamsoon

Yes lad that is my night wear  :D

Hardy

I couldn't discern any dress code when I was there except for the women it seems to be "wear as little as possible" even though it was about 2 degrees with an east wind that'd cut ya.

Over The Last

Quote from: winsamsoon on March 31, 2011, 03:11:21 PM
Right lad heading over to the big one next week and wondering (from anyone who has been there of course) what is the dress code for the actual races. A few of the lads are talking suits but we are not in with the prawn sandwich brigade so i was going to go a little more casual. What the opinions?

Winsamsoon, I've been before and it would depend on what days you are going and what enclosure?
ladies day on the friday every man would be in the suits. on the saturday, still get a fair whack in the suits but seems to be a wee bit more casual on the saturday.
In saying that, i dont think you can be turned away from entering due to "casuals" on any day.

Will definitely be a great experience for you!

Agent Orange

ONeill

Scandalous. The size of those glasses the lads are holding is not on.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

sammymaguire

You can wear what ever tre he'll you like at Aintree or in Liverpool in general (apart from yer trainie's on the night out!!)  ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

stew

just make sure to put ten bob each way on red rum, fecker never loses.  :-\

Some dress that, i am sure she got rodgered before that night was through.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Donnellys Hollow

Aintree is a poor man's Punchestown.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

winsamsoon

Going with the suit lads as i have a cousin if he were a piece of chocolate would eat himself. He is wearing a suit and has been mouthing about sun glasses and the works so all the lads are suited and booted to torture the bastid. :D

tommysmith

Banana Man

:o fu*k me O'Neill that thing could rare 2 suckie calves, get her onto the agriculture thread!!!

Canalman

Personally wouldn't wear a suit at the races for many reasons one being that alot of the lads at the races wearing them have that "up on charges" look about them. Also, if you are heading out on the town later, I presume you will be ditching the suits.............. makes more sense imo to wear the jeans and jumper/ shirt to the races to begin with and then go straight into town.

Enjoy the day/night ........ Liverpool is a great place.