Ard Mhacha v Muineachán - 20/02/11 - Ard Mhacha

Started by Maguire01, February 07, 2011, 08:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

we dont have an answer to clerkin. if hes fit and can stay on the pitch we're sunk. sorry
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: mackers on February 20, 2011, 12:55:18 PM
They have two top freetakers from either side............need to be disciplined in the tackle (esp Finn Mo).

Good point mackers. This encounter has came down to frees the last two times. I remember in 2008 Finlay scoring the winner in the dying seconds of the game after a very evenly fought match. But you're right, freetakers are worth their wait in gold in these kinda games (or any type in the modern game I suppose!)

What are your options in this regard, apart from Stevie? Is Swift a place kicker?

Main Street

Darren Hughes aside, it's basically the same inexperienced Monaghan team that started against Galway.
But Hughes coming in, importantly frees up Dessie Mone to go in at CHB.
Armagh have to be warm favourites to win.

Is there any better radio coverage than the Cavan infested Northern Sound?

Carbery

Quote from: Main Street on February 20, 2011, 01:27:52 PM
Darren Hughes aside, it's basically the same inexperienced Monaghan team that started against Galway.
But Hughes coming in, importantly frees up Dessie Mone to go in at CHB.
Armagh have to be warm favourites to win.

Radio Ulster 1341MW

Maguire01

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 20, 2011, 12:02:57 PM

Can't see monaghan beating us with that forward line
Whose forward line?
I assume you can't be talking about Monaghan, who managed to score 19 points with the very same forwards against Galway. If Monaghan have a weakness this afternoon, I don't expect it to be in the forward line.

Main Street

Quote from: Carbery on February 20, 2011, 01:35:58 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 20, 2011, 01:27:52 PM

Radio Ulster 1341MW
I can't get MW and the RU sports coverage is not part of their schedule for the web or for satellite.

Main Street

"The funs starts here -  Northern Sound"

That's a form of flagellatory humour, Northern Sound is pure torture to listen to.

RealSpiritof98

heavy police presence at the Drumarg end, uncalled for with locals supplying stewards.

Also local charity collecting for a Childrens trip to Lourdes was cleared off by at 3 car loads of them

HalfFitHalfBack

Armagh 0-02 Monaghan 0-02, 9mins gone. all scores from frees. McDonnell and Grugan scored Armagh frees

Main Street

HalfFitHalfBack

Armagh 0-02 Monaghan 0-03, 13mins gone.

McManus with last pointed free for Monaghan

Main Street

Northern Sound couldn't wait to switch over to waffler Michael Tynan at the scintillating Cavan Westmeath game.
He'll have great fun counting the wides.