Carling Nations Cup

Started by The Real Laoislad, February 05, 2011, 11:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banana Man

anybody any info on james mccarthy and the claim that he pulled out as he wants to play for scotland???

magpie seanie

Didn't see a lot of it but debuts for Coleman and Clark along with 3 good goals are positives. Wales are a poor enough outfit but we don't always put these types of teams away. Should have a good chance of going on to win this tournament. North v. South could be a good one.

mountainboii

Quote from: Banana Man on February 09, 2011, 09:04:33 AM
anybody any info on james mccarthy and the claim that he pulled out as he wants to play for scotland???

Where did you hear that?

A lot of putting two and two together and coming up with five on this story, particularly from shite journos with nothing else to write about.

tommysmith

Big Game tonight lads

Northern Irelands Finest

Scotland's Finest

Is there any point to bringing these two to Dublin for this game.  Surely it should be run off in some form in the summer.  Is it Live on Sky?

Banana Man

Quote from: AFS on February 09, 2011, 11:33:52 AM

Where did you hear that?

A lot of putting two and two together and coming up with five on this story, particularly from shite journos with nothing else to write about.

heard it on the radio last night coming home from work, can't remember which station as i flick through 5 or 6 but that was the ongoing rumour according to the reporter, they said it wasn't unfounded too as he hadn't played a competitive game yet for Irelan so could still jump ship, worrying of that's the case...

Main Street

That he can declare for Scotland is founded in fact.
The rumour that he will do so is unfounded in fact. It is merely idle gossip.

mountainboii

Quote from: Banana Man on February 09, 2011, 12:59:20 PM
Quote from: AFS on February 09, 2011, 11:33:52 AM

Where did you hear that?

heard it on the radio last night coming home from work, can't remember which station as i flick through 5 or 6 but that was the ongoing rumour according to the reporter, they said it wasn't unfounded too as he hadn't played a competitive game yet for Irelan so could still jump ship, worrying of that's the case...

He can switch back to Scotland, but nowhere have I heard or read that he wants to. There's been a lot of blind speculation on the back of a couple of Trapattoni's barely coherent mumblings. McCarthy and his club might well be pulling a bit of a Roy Keane to get out of a meaningless friendly, but there's nothing to suggest that there's anything more to it.

Banana Man

The Real Laoislad

You Nordie boys are poor, Scotland will score a hat full if they keep this up
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Big Puff

on this showing its hard to know whos worse between wales and NI

two bad lots!

Rouge_Diablo

so much for the owc lead boycott

The Real Laoislad

I hope the Nordie animals don't start wrecking the place if they go 3 or 4 goals down.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

red hander

Trouble outside ground from what I'm hearing

Big Puff

hassletravel

Northern Ireland's finest meant to be causing trouble in ringsend area
why travel direct