Where would you like to visit? But probably won't

Started by armaghniac, January 15, 2011, 12:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 16, 2011, 10:09:25 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 16, 2011, 09:54:49 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on January 16, 2011, 09:51:03 PM
But we are all anonymous POG so is it not rather fruitless blowing behind an alias?

Maybe POG needs to travel more..

I don't think anyone was boasting on this thread,I actually found it quite interesting hearing of where people would like to go and places they have been,gives me ideas of places to go to..
Would never dream of going to places like Norway but hearing others experiences of them places would make you want to go and its always nice to go to unusual places on hols rather than the usual Spain etc etc
You and Ross4life could hit Norway together. Check if Minder wants to tag along.
IMO Best looking blonde women in the World reason enough to travel? but traveling with RLL minder common now  :D
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 16, 2011, 10:11:54 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 16, 2011, 10:07:04 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on January 16, 2011, 10:02:50 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 16, 2011, 09:53:56 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on January 16, 2011, 09:51:03 PM
But we are all anonymous POG so is it not rather fruitless blowing behind an alias?
You would think!

If I wanted to blow I would blabber on about where I stayed and what I got up to when I was there and rabbit on about a few other places I have been to too.... Did I do that? I just said I would like to see Rio and the North Pole but probably won't happen. As for not getting to NYC on Paddy's Day, one solid year of good saving and it could be the trip of a lifetime
Not everyone has spare cash to put away for trips to new york on st paddy's day you know.

If you stopped buying 24packs of crusty rolls from the supermarket you wouldn't be long saving up
It's not me that wants to go  ???
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

sammymaguire

They have the Internet in America and Norway too so you would not have to put up with any withdrawal symptoms from your pals on here if you fancied taking a trip outside your front door  ;D
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: sammymaguire on January 16, 2011, 10:17:56 PM
They have the Internet in America and Norway too so you would not have to put up with any withdrawal symptoms from your pals on here if you fancied taking a trip outside your front door  ;D
Yeah, definitely a self confidence problem you have. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

sammymaguire

You'll soon be at 13,000 posts POG. That is some going. I'll be the first to congratulate you, and wish you a happy 50th if it falls around the same time
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

All of a Sludden

Reading through this thread I just realised that I`ve never been to the Giants Causeway. Is it worth the drive or is it as drab as it looks on TV?
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

ONeill

Quote from: All of a Sludden on January 16, 2011, 11:37:58 PM
Reading through this thread I just realised that I`ve never been to the Giants Causeway. Is it worth the drive or is it as drab as it looks on TV?

Balls.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

In terms of sport:

Want to attend an Athletic Bilbao home game
Want to attend a St Pauli home game
Want to attend a Roma home game
Want to attend a Chargers home game.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Schofield

Just to turn the topic on its head, Place i probably will visit but don't really want to. Herself is dying to go to las vegas but for some reason i can't think of anything worse. Not sure why i've such a dislikefor a place. If anyone can convince me otherwise i intend to propose soon and the honeymoon will be a hot topic

ross4life

#99
Good stuff O'Neill

Mayweather vs Pacquiao (if it ever takes place)
UFC main event in Las Vegas
Superbowl in New York/Jersey (would need to wrap up warm)
World cup in Brazil
El Clasico
NBA final (deciding game)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

seafoid

I would love to visit the Ka'aba in Mecca but unless there is a Vatican 2 in Islam it will remain off limits.

There is a transgender  temple in Tamil Nadu in India that looks very interesting. 

Another one somewhere in India is full of rats but I don't think the kids would like it.

The playground of the bunscoil in Leitir Meallain was used as one of the locations for the recording of Gugalai Gug
and I would love to visit  sometime. 

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Sandino

Ulan Bator

Gualin- China

Machu Picchu

Buenos Aires

Angkor Wat

Libya

Cape Town

Vietnam

I might get to one of these, with Cape Town being the most likely.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

Capt Pat

The grand canyon is surely more impressive than Milford Sound. I was at Milford Sound on a misty cloudy day and haven't been to the grand Canyons. Milford Sound has some nice sea scenery but the Grand Canyon is unique, a mile deep or something like that. It is surely worth a watch.

balladmaker

#104
If you judge the Grand Canyon by the view from the Skywalk, then you do it a disservice.  Far better places to catch the panoramic view than there.  Evening time, when the sun begins to set over the canyon is one of those magical moments and would highly recommend it. You don't realise the scale of the place until you look at one of the photos at the lookout points and you realise that the rock you are looking at in the distance is actually 40km away.

Would love to visit Alaska and the whole wilderness thing going on up that direction, don't know why but it interests me.

And of course, Australia, followed by Buenos Aires.