New Years Eve

Started by Big Puff, December 30, 2010, 11:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Puff

What's people doing for New Years Eve then?

im going to the Ashburn, gonna be the worrrstttttttt.

ross4life

In years gone by i did Berlin & Rome was going to do Paris this year but way too expensive so it's the local again.

I see the Guinness storehouse are having a New Years Eve party is anyone here going?

http://www.dublinnewyearfestival.com/?p=969
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

INDIANA

Quote from: ross4life on December 30, 2010, 06:02:05 PM
In years gone by i did Berlin & Rome was going to do Paris this year but way too expensive so it's the local again.

I see the Guinness storehouse are having a New Years Eve party is anyone here going?

Biggest rip off of the year night. And a pile of shite. Few drinks with a few friends does the job. This crack of paying 20 quid in somewhere and being charged 7 quid a pint is for numbskulls only.

orangeman

Snow Patrol on the TV looks good - rerun of the concert in Bangor.

Puckoon

Rib eye steaks on the grill, couple friends over for dinner. Couple drinks. Soccer tournament at 10am on Saturday.

Done.

Olly

It is my favourite night of the year. Myself and my partner visit all the local houses in the estate about 2 hours before midnight asking if they want company. There are two lads who always take us in and we welcome the new year with a massive bang.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tubberman

Yep, am going to this - see you there. I'll be in my 1996 Genfitt Mayo jersey  ;)
For the last few years, a gang of us used to rent a house someplace (Louisburgh, Achill etc) and just head to one of the pubs there and then back to the house after midnight. They were brilliant, much better than wedged in some pub/club in town.
So will be interesting to see what this thing is like in the Guinness Storehouse. At least it shouldn't be too packed if it's a ticket thing, and the lineup sounds daycent.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ross4life

Quote from: INDIANA on December 30, 2010, 06:06:12 PM

Biggest rip off of the year night. And a pile of shite. Few drinks with a few friends does the job. This crack of paying 20 quid in somewhere and being charged 7 quid a pint is for numbskulls only.

Only new years night i can remember with those prices was Millenium night & most stayed at home.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

lurganblue

Havent been out on new years in ages. When I was out it cost me a fortune to get into a disco I would go to most weekends anyway for half the price. People over drinking and there was always lots of fighting.

I prefer to stay and home and see in the new year with my family.

Rossfan

Will be watching the man from Newbridge on TG4 first and probably head to a local hostelry for a few then if our teetotal neighbour is stirrin'.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

under the bar

We're having a massive house party in the Holylands.  All welcome. Should be a hundred or more at it.

INDIANA

Quote from: ross4life on December 30, 2010, 06:57:56 PM

Only new years night i can remember with those prices was Millenium night & most stayed at home.

In dublin ross thats the average price. No joke. If you're dumb enough to pay for it. The local pubs are fine but the city centre forget about it.

paco

Quote from: lurganblue on December 30, 2010, 07:45:50 PM
Havent been out on new years in ages. When I was out it cost me a fortune to get into a disco I would go to most weekends anyway for half the price. People over drinking and there was always lots of fighting.

I prefer to stay and home and see in the new year with my family.

I agree. I always found New Year's Eve to be a terrible night, everywhere is a rip off and most places are packed. For some reason I always found it to be a depressing night as well, must be the onset of the January blues.

ross4life

Quote from: INDIANA on December 30, 2010, 08:09:15 PM
Quote from: ross4life on December 30, 2010, 06:57:56 PM

In dublin ross thats the average price. No joke. If you're dumb enough to pay for it. The local pubs are fine but the city centre forget about it.

Fair enough never did Dublin for New yrs night but can imagine it's over priced with plenty of fools willing to pay  ::)