Galway v Armagh

Started by bennydorano, February 22, 2007, 11:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

QuoteWhere on Earth have all the other Galway posters gone?

the newspaper suggested today that there were less than 1600 people there, since this included quite a few Armagh people you cannot say that this game exactly gripped the imagination of the Galwegians.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 26, 2007, 06:16:43 PM
Where on Earth have all the other Galway posters gone?

Well I was away all last week and some of the other Galway posters haven't emerged from their winter hibernation yet it seems.

Good win for us all the same. Have to follow it up at home to Kildare next.

mayomad

On holidays till june,obviously dont want to witness the pearse stadium massacer in May

stephenite

I've replied to this lad on the Mayo thread, hover over the email icon on his profile and it comes up with rossnutter@gmail.com , just so ye knowthat he's trying to be smart

GaillimhIarthair

There only seems to be four or five of us knocking around here at the moment.  Duine Eile is the most obvious absentee, seems to have disappeared around the same time as Barney for some reason ! 

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: mayomad on February 26, 2007, 09:38:11 PM
On holidays till june,obviously dont want to witness the pearse stadium massacer in May
Would you ever fcuk off back to the Hoganstand or where ever you came from you Ross p***k. 

overthehill

Anyword is Marsden def goin 2 play next sunday?

Goats Do Shave

Therre's a break this week - for college football.

He's available for selection from now on!

Uladh

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 26, 2007, 02:46:08 PM
I haven't seen any of the new lads on the squad.  On performances so far do any of them have the cut to make it in the championship?

Very difficult to know bc. i wasn't in galway on sunday so iit's difficult for the most part to pass judgement on that one. that said, going on mckenna cup and more particularly the early national league games, i don't think there's anyone to force their way into the team. Lavery has shown flashes of quality and could kick on to be a useful squad player this summer. i don't think anyone else has grasped the nettle but i suppose at this stage they'll all be kept on the squad so they could improve from the exposure.

I like the look of young hanratty from cross and its a pity he wasn't available to be looked at. he has good ball winning capacity and knows where the posts are. i'd also like to see dyas get a few games at wing back for the seniors to see what he can really do at that level.

brokencrossbar1

QuoteI like the look of young hanratty from cross and its a pity he wasn't available to be looked at. he has good ball winning capacity and knows where the posts are.

He is a very good prospect and has been a major asset this year by all accounts, as has David McKenna.  After AC and myself moved on they just couldn't replace us till now :P

Dyas is a very good player and could force his way into a wing back role if given enough game opportunties.  Unlike his club mate Shannon, I think he has the right cut for county football and has a very bright future for Armagh.

bennydorano

Big fan of Dyas, but he's only a lad and a light lad at that, he needs a spell in the gym and a stone on him.

Biased an' all as I am, Peadar Toal has to the be closest thing to 'new' player making the breakthrough.  I can see why some people find him frustrating, but he's learning, also, he will be a far better player when the ground firms up a bit.

Goats Do Shave

I presume Charlie Vernon, Finn Mo & Peader Toal are still part of the 'New Brigade' (even though they were about last year) - they will be involved this year.

I think Nippy will still be on the squad but doesn't win enough ball in midfield to gain a start YET!

From the 'Newer Brigade' James Lavery could have an impact potentially, & I have liked the look of the 2 Granemore lads thus far. Paudie McCreesh can be happy with his progress also. I'd like to see more of the youngest O'Rourke & Dyas also.

The likes of Ferris, Forker, Donaghy & Co. - not yet!

mannix

Joyce is great,is he enough to drag them past Mayo in may?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: mannix on February 27, 2007, 03:15:02 PM
Joyce is great,is he enough to drag them past Mayo in may?

I think Padraig Joyce is probably a small bit past his best at this stage but he can still be a big influence for Galway. Even the last day I thought he looked the classiest footballer on the pitch.

mannix

Seen him a lot in club games when i lived in galway, he stood out for his skill and his manners on the field.
Not many like himthese days, ciaran macdonald and himself were cut from the same cloth, skilled,quiete and let the football do the talking.None of the antics of lesser skilled stars from mayo,galway or a few of the other stronger counties.