Armagh v Down 2011 Ulster Championship First Round

Started by 6Sams, October 07, 2010, 08:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

Sure the Div 2 league final was nothing more than a friendly. We topped the league  in comfort.

does no one in Armagh know what the capacity of the Athletic grounds will be.If its even ready.

mackers

Quote from: MCMLX on October 08, 2010, 01:36:56 PM
Hell of a goal that Sludden scored in the first minute in that game.  ;) How Our Ma only got 1 player sent off is beyond me. It was a strange game. The Armagh team didnt come out for the first half and their supporters went home in the second half.
You're like a young crow........
You must've have missed the bit where Armagh came back into the game before half time only for Sludden to send Finn Mo off when Stephen Kearney swiped at him with an elbow.
Suppose you were one of the saddos taking photographs of the scoreboard with their phones coming out of the Marshes.........one of the funniest things I've ever seen at a football game.

New attendance limit at the Athletic Grounds will be £25k.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Banana Man

QuoteQuote from: MCMLX on Today at 01:36:56 PM
Hell of a goal that Sludden scored in the first minute in that game.   How Our Ma only got 1 player sent off is beyond me. It was a strange game. The Armagh team didnt come out for the first half and their supporters went home in the second half.

You must've have missed the bit where Armagh came back into the game before half time only for Sludden to send Finn Mo off when Stephen Kearney swiped at him with an elbow.
Suppose you were one of the saddos taking photographs of the scoreboard with their phones coming out of the Marshes.........one of the funniest things I've ever seen at a football game.

Not like the GAA to put a financial limit on gate receipts mackers  ;)

1life 1club

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 08, 2010, 01:13:41 PM
Quote from: 1life 1club on October 08, 2010, 12:09:26 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on October 07, 2010, 08:53:50 PM
It's good to get one of the weaker counties in the first round for a change.
dont be bitter cos yous got booted around croke park twice this year..
go back to the hole yas have been hiding in since the 99ulster final.lol yous arnt to talkative when down are going poorly,jumping on the bandwagon now.

:D :D :D Welcome aboard No Life One Club......you'll learn :D :D
great comeback,,ur hilarious.truth hurts ;D
full forward son

mackers

Quote from: Banana Man on October 08, 2010, 02:25:01 PM
QuoteQuote from: MCMLX on Today at 01:36:56 PM
Hell of a goal that Sludden scored in the first minute in that game.   How Our Ma only got 1 player sent off is beyond me. It was a strange game. The Armagh team didnt come out for the first half and their supporters went home in the second half.

Not like the GAA to put a financial limit on gate receipts mackers  ;)
Oops, they'll be looking to make a bit more out of it than that alright..........
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

nrico2006

Quote from: mackers on October 08, 2010, 02:09:45 PM
Quote from: MCMLX on October 08, 2010, 01:36:56 PM
Hell of a goal that Sludden scored in the first minute in that game.  ;) How Our Ma only got 1 player sent off is beyond me. It was a strange game. The Armagh team didnt come out for the first half and their supporters went home in the second half.

Cracker!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

naka

interesting game, not that fussed if armagh beaten as back door seems the way forward
cork and kerry will be waiting in the quarters

Leo

Would a signifacne part of that "attendance" not be in euro - tax free?!!
Fierce tame altogether

wavesofTORRES

Quote from: 1life 1club on October 08, 2010, 03:15:34 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on October 08, 2010, 01:13:41 PM
Quote from: 1life 1club on October 08, 2010, 12:09:26 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on October 07, 2010, 08:53:50 PM
It's good to get one of the weaker counties in the first round for a change.
dont be bitter cos yous got booted around croke park twice this year..
go back to the hole yas have been hiding in since the 99ulster final.lol yous arnt to talkative when down are going poorly,jumping on the bandwagon now.
[/b]
In the Evolution/Creation debate we have discovered numerous missing links and encountered a few false dawns; We had Neanderthal Man, Piltdown Man, Nebraska Man and Java Man to name but 4. Can I add one more to this list - St.Pats Man. Next time you get taken for a walk around Newry leave a swab in the Daisy Hill Lab.

:D :D :D Welcome aboard No Life One Club......you'll learn :D :D
great comeback,,ur hilarious.truth hurts ;D

mrgaa1

Great game in prospect - great atmosphere.  We'll be parking from the Shambles, swimming pool, newtown turnoff, stonebridge and walking in.  The city will be buzzing.  Both teams playing Div 1 football, both teams with agendas set.  Both teams trying to get the best from what they have - new players coming through.  Both teams knowing that with a bit of luck and hard work reaching the All-Ireland final can be achieved.
Season Tickets will be renewed - home draw in championship and 5 home league games (I know its four but we don't have far to travel for one away game) and two nice away match's in Mayo and Cork.  At 75 euro its a bargain.

balladmaker

Jeez...25k in the Athletic Grounds would be some atmosphere!

Rufus T Firefly

New attendance limit at the Athletic Grounds will be 25k.

I'm not sure it is so high Mackers. I have a notion it is in and around 19K.

MCMLX

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on October 09, 2010, 04:51:10 PM
New attendance limit at the Athletic Grounds will be 25k.

Wouldnt be like the armagh men to exaggerate.  ::)

under the bar

QuoteNew attendance limit at the Athletic Grounds will be 25k.

Wouldnt be like the armagh men to exaggerate.  ::)

Now that the 'bad-times' have come again for Armagh I wonder will the county board have to go to the press to ask Armagh fans to attend their championship games like in the 80's? 

ardmhachaabu

What shite are you talking?  Armagh winning silverware this year and getting promoted to Division 1 isn't exactly bad times.  Bad times is when you get relegated to Division 2 and get put out of the Championship by a heavy defeat from the Dubs.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something