3D TV will be a flop

Started by Hereiam, October 01, 2010, 04:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

I don't know about you but I really don't think this will ever take off. The fact of wearin glasses to watch TV is riduclous and the cost of a 3D TV is big money and to produce the programes isn't cheap either. I expect a big fail on this one.

The Real Laoislad

Was in a Sony shop the other day and they had a viewing area set up for 3D,Its the first time I have ever seen anything in 3D and I was very impressed.
They had a video with Golf,American Football and Soccer and I thought it was unreal.
Certainly better than say HD as I don't see any difference between HD and normal TV.
Not sure if I would buy it just yet but I do think it will take off,I can see technology advancing to the point where you might not need glasses with it being built into the TV or something like that.
At the moment I agree the glasses are ridiculous,the ones I had on were massive and fairly heavy
You'll Never Walk Alone.

AZOffaly

The American Football is nuts. I saw it in Harvey Norman, it was the Patriots Panthers superbowl. Jaysus it felt like I was playing middle linebacker for the Panthers. I almost went for an interception as the ball flew down past me at one stage.

Billys Boots

QuoteI almost went for an interception as the ball flew down past me at one stage.

Remind me never to attend sporting events with you.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Billys Boots on October 01, 2010, 04:53:15 PM
QuoteI almost went for an interception as the ball flew down past me at one stage.

Remind me never to attend sporting events with you.

This was different Billy. It was like you were on the field. I've become used to sitting on my arse for sporting contests at this stage, so the reactions are different :)

paco

Shamrock Shore

Guitar groups are on the way out!

Gaffer

Went to a pub to watch a premiership match in 3D towards the end of last season.

FFS it was like being at a Roy Orbison Tribute night
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

under the bar

It'll ruin your eyes.........

Cosmo Kramer

Went to see Ireland v England in the 6 Nations in 3D in a cinema earlier this year, was really surprised by how good it was, at times you'd almost convince yourself you were on the sideline in Twickenham, you were nearly trying to back out of the way when Rory Best was coming over to take a line out throw.

That was with a cinema screen and surround sound though, I don'y know how it would work at home.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 01, 2010, 04:24:17 PM
Was in a Sony shop the other day and they had a viewing area set up for 3D,Its the first time I have ever seen anything in 3D and I was very impressed.
They had a video with Golf,American Football and Soccer and I thought it was unreal.
Certainly better than say HD as I don't see any difference between HD and normal TV.

Not sure if I would buy it just yet but I do think it will take off,I can see technology advancing to the point where you might not need glasses with it being built into the TV or something like that.
At the moment I agree the glasses are ridiculous,the ones I had on were massive and fairly heavy
f**king hell you may go and get the eyes tested!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 01, 2010, 10:24:27 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 01, 2010, 04:24:17 PM

f**king hell you may go and get the eyes tested!

I dunno I couldn't see any major difference in the two at all.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

thejuice

Quote from: Hereiam on October 01, 2010, 04:16:36 PM
I don't know about you but I really don't think this will ever take off. The fact of wearin glasses to watch TV is riduclous and the cost of a 3D TV is big money and to produce the programes isn't cheap either. I expect a big fail on this one.

HereIam, to echo Laoislads point. Imagine your profile picture there in 3D.

The technology will get cheaper given time like everything else.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016