Eoin Bradley's amended sentence

Started by T Fearon, September 27, 2010, 09:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

The burning down of Owenmore (a la the Vic in Eastenders)? ;D

Super Ted

Applesisapples

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 27, 2010, 11:20:17 AM
Surely the Derry County board do not have the authority to amend the tariff that is stipulated for offence categories, a shambles if true.
Its up to the County CCC, the ref would be asked to clarify his report and any reduction in tarriff would depend on the Ref's clarification. Cat 4 carries 12 week minimum. What this does expose once more is the inadequate nature of GAA suspensions, 24 weeks means nothing at this time of year but is commensurate with a cat 4 offence. It is time we had a system of match bans which also takes account of a player's record. Although Eoin or Paddy for that matter might struggle here as they can be petulant.

red hander

Quote from: Donkeywalloper on September 27, 2010, 03:49:03 PM
It will hardly come as much of a suprise to anyone. Derry county board change suspension of leading county player. How long to next major episode in what is the soap opera of derry football.

Where can I watch it?  Is it on the Paramount Comedy channel?

mrgaa1

Heres the ruling:

Category IV
M inor physical interference with (e.g. laying
a hand on, pushing, pulling or jostling),
threatening or abusive conduct towards, or
threatening language to, a Referee, Umpire,
Linesman or Sideline Official.
Penalty:
(i) M inimum: 12 weeks Suspension in all Codes
and at all Levels;
(ii) M inimum on Repeat Infraction: 24 weeks
Suspension in all Codes and at all Levels.

Category V
Any type of assault on a Referee, Umpire,
Penalty:
(i) M inimum: 48 weeks Suspension in all Codes
and at all Levels, with offender's Team liable
to Disqualification, where appropriate;
(ii) Repeat Infraction within 96 weeks: 96 weeks
Suspension in all Codes and at all Levels, with
offender's Team liable to Disqualification,
where appropriate.

So it depends on his argument - remember when a suspension is handed out the player has three days to accept or to appeal.

muppet

Quote from: fer fox ache on September 27, 2010, 09:51:42 AM
Tony this has been discussed at length on the Derry thread, it's news that's a week old, you finger is surprisingly far off the pulse.

It is possible to get a pulse in the rectum, so he mightn't be that far away.
MWWSI 2017

screenexile

Quote from: muppet on September 27, 2010, 06:31:48 PM
Quote from: fer fox ache on September 27, 2010, 09:51:42 AM
Tony this has been discussed at length on the Derry thread, it's news that's a week old, you finger is surprisingly far off the pulse.

It is possible to get a pulse in the rectum, so he mightn't be that far away.

What gets me about this is that we are such a 'moral' organisation with family, community, parish at the heart of everything and then things like this happen which are just plain wrong. Where is the leadership?? We have a Club Chairman, a County Chairman, an Ulster Council Chairman and a GAA President not to mention the leaders of CCCCCCCs and such things all seemingly washing their hands of their obligation to do what is right. . . who is going to fix it so that this incident and others like it up and down the country do not happen again!!!

fer fox ache

Wasn't CCC that fuct this up boys it was hearings who have overturned every major decision the CCC have made this year. I know CCC members are firece fucked off as they've been undermined by hearings at every turn this year, Foreglen v Desertmartin, Ballymaguigan v Ballerin, Lavey and now this. Now, who's pulling the strings of hearings is another matter.

Applesisapples

Quote from: mrgaa1 on September 27, 2010, 05:37:11 PM
Heres the ruling:

Category IV
Penalty:
and at all Levels;

Category V
Penalty:
where appropriate.

So it depends on his argument - remember when a suspension is handed out the player has three days to accept or to appeal.
Depending on what the Ref originally put in his report the appeals committee would only review the sentance down if the refs clarification indicated IV rather than V. Otherwise the suspension would have stood.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 28, 2010, 09:00:56 AM
Quote from: mrgaa1 on September 27, 2010, 05:37:11 PM
Heres the ruling:

Category IV
Penalty:
and at all Levels;

Category V
Penalty:
where appropriate.

Depending on what the Ref originally put in his report the appeals committee would only review the sentence down if the refs clarification indicated IV rather than V. Otherwise the suspension would have stood.

whiskeysteve

Just goes to show you suspensions of county players in Derry club football carry no weight whatsoever.

CCCC and referees authority is laughable at this stage, we are a law onto ourselves in Derry.

Bottom line is, if you are a Derry county player in an end of season game you are free to give a ref a 'bit of a slap' about the face. This is the precedent now set.

Derry Refs and CCCC made to look complete fools.

Edit: also mentioned Muldoon getting off with his suspension for county final but thats apparently not decided yet
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Applesisapples

Quote from: whiskeysteve on September 28, 2010, 11:58:59 AM
Just goes to show you suspensions of county players in Derry club football carry no weight whatsoever.

CCCC and referees authority is laughable at this stage, we are a law onto ourselves in Derry.

Bottom line is, if you are a Derry county player in an end of season game you are free to give a ref a 'bit of a slap' about the face. This is the precedent now set.

Derry Refs and CCCC made to look complete fools.

Edit: also mentioned Muldoon getting off with his suspension for county final but thats apparently not decided yet
Whether Derry or elsewhere the issue is more to do with the type of suspension issued. 24 weeks at the start of April misses alot of football or hurling. The GAA needs to change the system to match based suspensions which take account of a players record. The biggest issue I suspect is the poor administration within counties.

Orangemac

If the ban was reduced because of the "name" Bradley is, it is a disgrace.

However the time ban is an absolute joke. There are so many great things about the GAA but some things are so irritating. Wasn't match bans proposed at congress?

How hard could it be to administer?

Applesisapples

Quote from: Orangemac on September 28, 2010, 10:21:05 PM
If the ban was reduced because of the "name" Bradley is, it is a disgrace.

However the time ban is an absolute joke. There are so many great things about the GAA but some things are so irritating. Wasn't match bans proposed at congress?

How hard could it be to administer?
It means the ccc keeping records of all yellows, reds etc, refs having to file reports in time. it would cut out refs changing straight red to two yellows if they attracted the same penalty. There would have to be a will to make it work.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.