CONNACHT CLUB FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

Started by Shrewdness, September 26, 2010, 07:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayo51

jeez just when we thought it was back to normal around here, along comes the bold peter trying to stirr things up. >:(.

muppet

Quote from: mayo51 on November 07, 2010, 03:14:32 PM
jeez just when we thought it was back to normal around here, along comes the bold peter trying to stirr things up. >:(.

I'm trying to figure out whether a Fish head car ran over his puppy or maybe he found out his first snog was a Castlebar chick who had lost a bet.
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

So PJ didn't return from his honeymoon & who did redandgreen see in Shannon airport  ???
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: muppet on November 07, 2010, 03:16:42 PM

I'm trying to figure out whether a Fish head car ran over his puppy or maybe he found out his first snog was a Castlebar chick who had lost a bet.

yah yah, I see another political gem from Castlebar is about to be unleashed on us Enda Kenny on the radio this morning giving his vision of the future. Another pathetic performance from the fisheads.

muppet

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on November 07, 2010, 03:32:47 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 07, 2010, 03:16:42 PM

yah yah, I see another political gem from Castlebar is about to be unleashed on us Enda Kenny on the radio this morning giving his vision of the future. Another pathetic performance from the fisheads.

It was the chick who lost a bet wasn't it? Don't worry there are plenty more Fish Heads in the sea.
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

FT Glencar 3-5 St Brigid's 1-13 Well done St Brigid's! as expected a hard fought win but will have to improve on this performance if they want to win the Connacht title.

As i said at the top of the thread "Galway Champs will be favourites" Killererin brilliant in defence & PJ to return for the final won't change my mind now.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

GalwayBayBoy

They didn't exactly sort out the colour clash in the Killererin v Ballintubber game did they?

Killererin are wearing the Galway colours with a bit of red while Ballintubber are wearing the mainly red Mayo jersey.

muppet

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 07, 2010, 04:04:40 PM
They didn't exactly sort out the colour clash in the Killererin v Ballintubber game did they?

Killererin are wearing the Galway colours with a bit of red while Ballintubber are wearing the mainly red Mayo jersey.

Crazy stuff.
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

Looks like Ballintubber didn't bring their away kit & used galway shorts?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ross4life on November 07, 2010, 04:17:43 PM

Red trim on the shorts so definitely not Galway ones. Right hodge podge effort done on the kits though.

muppet

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 07, 2010, 04:20:50 PM
Quote from: ross4life on November 07, 2010, 04:17:43 PM

Red trim on the shorts so definitely not Galway ones. Right hodge podge effort done on the kits though.

Nicky Joyce is a class act at this level.

Ref a bit harsh on Tubber so far.
MWWSI 2017

Shrewdness

Quote from: ross4life on November 07, 2010, 03:47:11 PM
FT Glencar 3-5 St Brigid's 1-13 Well done St Brigid's! as expected a hard fought win but will have to improve on this performance if they want to win the Connacht title.

As i said at the top of the thread "Galway Champs will be favourites" Killererin brilliant in defence & PJ to return for the final won't change my mind now.

Brigid's did what they had to do. Travelling to Leitrim to play a Leitrim club was never going to be an easy task. It was a dirty rotten day for football, which would have nullified any supposed advantage qualitywise that Brigid's had beforehand.

I would be concerned that they conceded 3 goals, which must be looked at....But at the end of the day, it's job done and the focus turns to the Connacht Final.   

Duine Eile

Quote from: ross4life on November 07, 2010, 03:32:04 PM
So PJ didn't return from his honeymoon & who did redandgreen see in Shannon airport  ???

There was never any real possibility of that happening really, kept things interesting though didn't it!  :) What a day for a match, the cold was unreal. Our lads did just about enough. Padraic's absence was always going to leave an awful hole in our team but fair play to them they pulled it out of the bag in the end. Nicky has really stepped up to the plate this year and has taken over as our chief scorer. He was well marshalled today with 3 around him every time he got near the ball. The most annoying thing was most of the time he was left to deal with it, nobody went to help! The backs fair play to them did the best they could on a horrendous day for football. Tom Hughes dominated midfield and scored one great point. Anyway Connacht final in 2 weeks time to look forward to now. Think I heard them saying it's in Tuam, would that be right? We played St.Brigid's there a few yrs back aswell.

Shrewdness

Fair to say that Killererin will be hot favourites for the final.

If it's Tuam, and they have Joyce back, and they'll be out for revenge for Brigid's beating them a few years ago.

ross4life

It's confirmed..

Killererin v St Brigids Tuam Sunday 21st Nov (i thought Brigids were due a home game? )