EU plans co-ordinated corporation tax rates

Started by Zapatista, September 09, 2010, 07:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is Irelands responce?

It won't happen?
0 (0%)
Thank God we have a Veto and a strong leadership who are prepared to use the veto?
1 (100%)
I hope it happens as it's for the best?
0 (0%)
Sure we knew it was going to happen anyway?
0 (0%)
Hate to say I told ye so - aye, but this is different?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

muppet

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 10, 2010, 09:38:59 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 09, 2010, 08:50:28 AM
I think with all the help we'll have to get in the next few years to keep our little boat afloat we won't be in much of a position to oppose anything soon.
I think you and I had this doomsday discussion a couple of years ago pre-lisbon 1 vote !

we are now def in no position to be contrary and if it gets worse and we have to conceede to the EU on this corporate taxation policy, then we will experience a meltdown far worse than this current little domestic difficulty will then seem like!

we would then be really f**ked.
I'd say maybe even in a worse position than greece !

We are hooked on EU money like a drug addict. They have us over a barrel.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

The poverty stricken indebted Government of ours will sooner or later be bailed out by the EU due to our memebership of the €.
We will then have to do whatever they tell us re taxes,spending,obeying EU Central Bank requirements etc.
What a terrible pity we wouldnt be as energetic in trying to develop our own resources  and try and make an economy ( like Dutch/Belgians/Danes etc as we are at going around trying to bribe every multinational in the world( U.S really) to set up an office here to run their profits through on paper and the panicing any time the EU mentions Corporation Tax.
As the old stereotype goes ...if the Dutch had Ireland they'd feed the world while if we had Holland we'd all have drowned years ago.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

muppet

Quote from: Rossfan on September 10, 2010, 09:46:59 PM
The poverty stricken indebted Government of ours will sooner or later be bailed out by the EU due to our memebership of the €.

Who do you think has been buying our bonds?
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Quote from: muppet on September 10, 2010, 10:15:58 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 10, 2010, 09:46:59 PM

Who do you think has been buying our bonds?

I did say SOONER or later ..... ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM