Started by Gaaboardmod3, August 25, 2010, 02:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 26, 2010, 03:51:59 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on August 26, 2010, 03:46:06 PM
QuoteBest of luck John!

Are ye getting a cut bc?

Nah, I wouldn't mind it though :P

You're going about it the right way so!  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ziggysego on August 26, 2010, 03:32:29 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 26, 2010, 03:30:53 PM
Instead of people getting all hot and bothered about John kane promoting himself on this forum maybe the mods could have a "Business Promotion thread" which they monitor.  To prevent spamming tehy could pre monitor any entries and use it simply as a way for posters to promote posters businesses and business opportunities.  Given the fact that times are tough out there why not use our "community" as a way to help each other out.

Best of luck John!

You'd be opening a can of worms there. 100s of people registering to the board, just to promote their business. Free advertising and all.

As mod says, should only be available to people who actually use the board.

I know what you're saying ziggy but if there were strict monitors put or some form of advertising rate to be paid by anyone promoting their business then it would be worth a look at.

Quote from: Billys Boots on August 26, 2010, 03:56:56 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 26, 2010, 03:51:59 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on August 26, 2010, 03:46:06 PM
QuoteBest of luck John!

Are ye getting a cut bc?

Nah, I wouldn't mind it though :P

You're going about it the right way so!  ;)

You always like to see old team mates from school getting a turn out of the game, never did anyone any harm :D

lolafrola

Because BC1 wants his phone company up next. (you'll scratch no holes there's no rat in :D)

On a serious note i can't see what's wrong with a we bit of promoting as long as it's kept in a thread of it's own as BC1 says, too many jealous people instead of yaps ;)
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

BennyHarp

i dont think anyone was too bothered when John had one thread promoting his business! But 5 fecking threads later is taking the p*ss!!
That was never a square ball!!

Celt_Man

Speaking of pulled threads, did that "distraught" one get yanked??
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

lolafrola

Quote from: Celt_Man on August 26, 2010, 05:04:56 PM

Yeah i yanked it. but i'm getting ready for my big night tonight.
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

pintsofguinness

Instead of people getting all hot and bothered about John kane promoting himself on this forum maybe the mods could have a "Business Promotion thread" which they monitor.  To prevent spamming tehy could pre monitor any entries and use it simply as a way for posters to promote posters businesses and business opportunities.  Given the fact that times are tough out there why not use our "community" as a way to help each other out.

Best of luck John!
Who'd open a thread like that though?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Celt_Man

Quote from: lolafrola on August 26, 2010, 05:11:34 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on August 26, 2010, 05:04:56 PM

Yeah i yanked it. but i'm getting ready for my big night tonight.

best of luck with it anyway!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

bloodybreakball

here lads whatever happened that thread about paddywhackery on the main gaa section
was it pulled

Jimmy14

Best of luck John!
Great idea why not make it for people with say 75 posts which must relate to the topic etc.??