Quote from: ross4life on May 11, 2011, 09:42:33 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 11, 2011, 09:36:49 PM
Quote from: gallsman on May 11, 2011, 09:32:39 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 11, 2011, 09:31:12 PM
Quote from: gallsman on May 11, 2011, 09:24:05 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 11, 2011, 09:19:40 PM
Quote from: gallsman on May 11, 2011, 09:16:25 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 11, 2011, 09:05:49 PM
3 in a row not since that days of Johan Cruyff.

That was only 17 years ago that Cruyff won his fourth. Not really a big wait for a 3 in a row, especially with the rise of Deportivo and Valencia at the turn of the century.

Google doesn't really provide context, unless you dig a bit deeper on it.

Or, you could just be like me and know quite a bit about Spanish football.
I was referring to Google Central, Ross.

Ah, my apologies. I think ross knows more than I originally gave him credit for. Still doesn't talk any sense though.

Still think he is a WUM.

A WUM would be Liverpool fan that uses Chelsea/Arsenal club crests during the season! now google that bitch  :-*

What exactly is he supposed to google?

I'd say he (minder) needs to google the term WUM.

Why would he do that seeing as ross just gave him a definition? Why explain something to someone and then tell them to google it?

Minder

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 15, 2011, 09:19:58 PM
Quote from: gallsman on May 15, 2011, 09:17:48 PM

That was only 17 years ago that Cruyff won his fourth. Not really a big wait for a 3 in a row, especially with the rise of Deportivo and Valencia at the turn of the century.

Ah, my apologies. I think ross knows more than I originally gave him credit for. Still doesn't talk any sense though.

Still think he is a WUM.

A WUM would be Liverpool fan that uses Chelsea/Arsenal club crests during the season! now google that bitch  :-*

Why?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Blowitupref

Quote from: Minder on May 15, 2011, 09:26:46 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 15, 2011, 09:19:58 PM
Quote from: gallsman on May 15, 2011, 09:17:48 PM

Still think he is a WUM.

Why?

Why not! what harm would it do? you may discover your not one of a kind??
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

paco

Real Madrid put 8 past Almería tonight, Ronaldo gets 2 which takes him to a record-breaking 40 goals in one season  :o granted, 11 of them were in the 4 games that came after the league was over, but it's still a hell of a record.

Edit: For anyone who's interested, the relegation battle in La Liga is even tighter than the one in the Premiership. All the games are being played now.

Orangemac

Quote from: paco on May 21, 2011, 09:04:23 PM
Real Madrid put 8 past Almería tonight, Ronaldo gets 2 which takes him to a record-breaking 40 goals in one season  :o granted, 11 of them were in the 4 games that came after the league was over, but it's still a hell of a record.

Edit: For anyone who's interested, the relegation battle in La Liga is even tighter than the one in the Premiership. All the games are being played now.
He's not a great team player and his attitude stinks at times but what a player Ronaldo is.

Maybe he is unfortunate to play in the same era as Messi and his international career hasn't been amazing but I don't think Ronaldo's feats over the last 4/5 seasons have got the credit they deserve.

Who was the last player in Italy, Germany or England to score 40 league goals in a season? I know Dixie Dean has the record of 60 in England but I don't remember anyone scoring more than 35.

paco

Deportivo relegated! Not that long ago they were Champion's League regulars, got to the semi finals as recently as 2004 but their decline over the past few years has been hard to believe.

sammymaguire

Zaragoza win, Getafe draw, Depor can't get a draw at home v an already guaranteed 3rd place Valencia... Same excitement around half five / six tomorrow??
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Blowitupref

Quote from: Orangemac on May 21, 2011, 10:42:35 PM

He's not a great team player and his attitude stinks at times but what a player Ronaldo is.

Maybe he is unfortunate to play in the same era as Messi and his international career hasn't been amazing but I don't think Ronaldo's feats over the last 4/5 seasons have got the credit they deserve.

Who was the last player in Italy, Germany or England to score 40 league goals in a season? I know Dixie Dean has the record of 60 in England but I don't remember anyone scoring more than 35.

I'd say Alan Shearer got close to 35 league goals in a season, Ronaldo has taken to the La liga like a duck to water! he's arguable finding it easier than the PL.

Big fall from grace for Deportivo however not surprising when you see all the cash is with the big two.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

paco

I agree with you on the distribution of the income, it's ridiculous but you can't really use it as an excuse for relegation. Look at how successful Levante have been in the second half of the season operating under crippling financial circumstances.

David McKeown

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 21, 2011, 11:24:07 PM
Quote from: Orangemac on May 21, 2011, 10:42:35 PM

I'd say Alan Shearer got close to 35 league goals in a season, Ronaldo has taken to the La liga like a duck to water! he's arguable finding it easier than the PL.

Big fall from grace for Deportivo however not surprising when you see all the cash is with the big two.

Shearer and Ronaldo hold the record in a 38 game season with 31 goals each.  Only of course referring to the period since Sky invented English football
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

ardal

Quote from: paco on May 21, 2011, 11:30:16 PM
I agree with you on the distribution of the income, it's ridiculous but you can't really use it as an excuse for relegation. Look at how successful Levante have been in the second half of the season operating under crippling financial circumstances.

Was it two or three years ago, that Zaragoza invested more in their team than ever before, and won relegation?

Wanted Deportivo to stay up and the islanders to sink

Forever Green

Reports that Marcelo Bielsa is going to be appointed Bilbao manager. The president who promised Bielsa has won the elections. Would be a brilliant move for Bilbao imo.

paco

Couple of interesting fixtures on the first weekend. Will be great to see Real Betis and Sevilla in the Andalucian derby, Barcelona start the season away to big-spending Malaga, who, apparently, are now favourites to sign Javier Pastore from Palermo for £40m!

Minder

Twitter rumours that Malaga have bid €35m for Sneijder.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Forever Green

Looking forward to watching Malaga. A lot of class signings. Another team that will be capable of challenging for the Champions league places. Even saw them linked with Tevez ;D