AI Football Final 2010: An Corcaigh vs An Dún

Started by under the bar, August 23, 2010, 02:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waitingforsam

Underdogs prevailed yesterday . . . . Down can win this final.

Any injury worries in either camp?

I understand Ambrose will be fit ?? Can anyone confirm?
Been waiting since '94

MCMLX

As seen yesterday, unless Ambi is 110% he should not start. He would be a hell of an impact sub if we were getting it tight.

snoopdog

Quote from: MCMLX on September 06, 2010, 12:01:40 PM
As seen yesterday, unless Ambi is 110% he should not start. He would be a hell of an impact sub if we were getting it tight.

you would settle for a 100% fit Ambrose though.

southdown

I dont think he will start, Fitzpatrick isn't a bad option after last week

swagger

Was just thinking there that you have to feel sorry for some players who wont be involved on the big day who have gave so much to down over the last few years, and the name forefront in my mind is Liam Doyle. A class act and would no doubt be a major player for down if only for that knee thats given him so much bother of the years.
riiiiiiiiiite

marym

Would say Cork are in the same position with Canty and Lynch. Cork were wrong to start Canty the last day and is was only when Cadogan came on that the defence got a hold on the Brogans.

In the Onion Bag

Quote from: marym on September 06, 2010, 03:33:09 PM
Would say Cork are in the same position with Canty and Lynch. Cork were wrong to start Canty the last day and is was only when Cadogan came on that the defence got a hold on the Brogans.

Have to agree. This final without Canty and Rodgers would be missising something big.  I hope both can make an appearance at some stage. 
Great game in prospect with either team capable of taking it.  Can hardy wait the 14days and I still don't have a ticket.  Is anyone else sweating on a ticket? Here's hoping.

Aaron Boone

I'm going for a draw on this game. We're due one.

marym

Ticket demand in Cork is huge but with minors also involved it seems we will get 4000 more. O neills are also laughing all the way to the bank with they new  white jersey. Have seen loads of  kids with it bought already. People say we have never lost with the white jersey in a final.

AZOffaly

Did Cork not wear white when Louth beat them in 1957?

Edit - I was wrong. This grand auld video shows both teams in shades of grey, which I assume is the blue of munster and the green of Leinster.

http://vodpod.com/watch/4289288-louth-v-cork-1957-all-ireland-sfc-final

ross4life

Does anybody else feel this could be a bad all Ireland final? one of those matches littered with fouls & frees... of course Down/Cork fans won't care what the match is like so long as they win but as a neutral it would be nice to see a high quality final in what has been a decent championship

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

marym

Padraig Harringtons father played for Cork in that 1957 final. The Cork team travelled to Dublin earlier in the year and Padraig met with them.

Aaron Boone

I don't see these teams as fouling at all & blanket defence as a game is well gone in all counties.
I think it will be a brilliant final, plus the replay as I said earlier ;)

snoopdog

Quote from: marym on September 06, 2010, 08:57:13 PM
Ticket demand in Cork is huge but with minors also involved it seems we will get 4000 more. O neills are also laughing all the way to the bank with they new  white jersey. Have seen loads of  kids with it bought already. People say we have never lost with the white jersey in a final.
cant see them making a fortune from the Down change kit. it is minging. yellow is a crap colour. why we dont have a black one is beyond me.

Wee Shea

The Down county board has launched a campaign to encourage sporting behaviour among their supporters ahead of the All-Ireland football final against Cork on September 19.

A series of posters have been commissioned ahead of the final which are being distributed to clubs throughout the county over the next fortnight.

Down PRO Ronan McMahon explained: "Down GAA believes booing and heckling free-takers, in particular, is creeping into Gaelic games too much and we would like to be proactive in discouraging this behaviour as much as possible.

"These posters will be circulated throughout the county before the All-Ireland final and will hopefully help to encourage all fans to be sporting at all times."