Barriers to keep the dubs in.

Started by Mid Mon, August 07, 2010, 02:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 12, 2010, 03:49:33 PM
They will be installing it all round the pitch, the Hill 16 is the first, it's their test to see does it help keep people off the pitch, they expect a full pitch invasion this year regardless but the barriers are here to stay it looks like
while I dont like the barriers, I think they are necessary now.

However I dont like the fact that such barriers curtail the view to the patrons of the lower seats.

Therefore if hydraulic concertina type barriers can be created, invented and installed around the ground, we have the best of both worlds !

neilthemac

Is funny

just as UEFA and FIFA have gone back to having the presentations in the stand for World Cup and Euro Finals because it was more traditional, the GAA want to present the cup in the middle of the pitch.

the GAA hierarchy really are out of touch with the wider GAA public.

Minder

I think Micky Harte took a swipe at the GPA today in the Irish News after they backed the installation of barriers. In fairness if the Gaa said all fans should eat a bag of shite at half time the GPA would support them.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Maguire01

Quote from: Minder on August 14, 2010, 12:26:40 AM
I think Micky Harte took a swipe at the GPA today in the Irish News after they backed the installation of barriers. In fairness if the Gaa said all fans should eat a bag of shite at half time the GPA would support them.
He also took a bit of a swipe at Sean Cavanagh, albeit indirectly and with no names mentioned.

Jinxy

Good lord, has anyone read the Indo today.
We need to get these barriers up now!
People will die!
Croke Park will be closed down!
What if there's a fire in the hogan stand and Jones Road is full of people?
What if radical terrorists take the winning team hostage and the army rangers can't get to the dressing rooms?
Jesus H Christ.  ::)
If you were any use you'd be playing.

INDIANA

Anyone know what Mc Kenna's background is? Would have thought he'd be better suited to the Aviva Stadium. rather then telling us how to run our affairs.

AZOffaly

You know what? I wish they just came out and told the truth.

'Lads, the insurance companies are telling us to keep people off the pitch because of the risk of a big claim'.

They are completely ham fisted in their PR, and communications. Contradicting each other, 'The Louth invasion was the last straw', 'The louth invasion was not significant as a factor'. etc. etc.

Stop lying and pretending to care about safety of patrons. If that was your primary concern you wouldn't be putting f**king fences up on the Hill.

Rossfan

I think Micky Harte took a swipe at the GPA today in the Irish News after they backed the installation of barriers. .

Any chance Micky Harte would just shut up for a week or two. >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

Who's the main driving force behind this?
Is it McKenna?
Is it Cooney?
Is it Duffy?
Because they all seem to have different reasons when they're asked "Why?"
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Rossfan on August 14, 2010, 04:11:21 PM
I think Micky Harte took a swipe at the GPA today in the Irish News after they backed the installation of barriers. .

Is he not entitled to an opinion? Look how often you post opinions on the gaa on a public forum. Only difference is more people are interested in Harte's opinion and he voices his opinions much less often.

antoinse

[/quote]
Just typical Rossfan - open your mind and LISTEN

Rossfan

The day Micky Harte says something positive about anything I will probably be too shocked to listen. :o
You can take the man out of the .......... :)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gaffer

Quote from: Rossfan on August 15, 2010, 12:40:38 PM
The day Micky Harte says something positive about anything I will probably be too shocked to listen. :o
You can take the man out of the .......... :)

Just finish what you want to say there, Rossfan, why don't you?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

orangeman

Brolly had a well written article in yesterday's paper. It dealt with a lot of the points very anayltically and addressed the issues that Croke park are talking about.

As AZ said, why don't they just come out and tell us the truth instead of scaremongering and telling stupid, silly lies ?

The one about the Tyrone official taking the heart attack was priceless.

Is Alistair Campbell now working in Croke park ?.