Healing scars

Started by winsamsoon, July 24, 2010, 12:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

Right lads/ladies

Got a few stitches in the old snout region last week and being the gorgeous bastid that i am i would like to lesson the scar.

Anyone any names of special creams, ointments, home remedies or any other treatments to reduce scaring ?????? No piss taking please i am deeply hurt about this lol
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Niall Quinn

Quote from: winsamsoon on July 24, 2010, 12:45:34 AM
Got a few stitches in the old snout region last week and being the gorgeous bastid that i am i would like to lesson the scar.

as in parable-ize it? What about something ending with 'vanity nose no guarantees' or 'a stitch applied in time might save on remedial cosmetic treatments'?
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

JUst retired

What about one of those red nose jobs? You know the ones for car grilles. It wont lesson the scar, but it will take attention away from it. BTW red is your colour. :)

midLouth

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Hardy

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 24, 2010, 11:28:05 AM
Healing scars

Sometimes - but it's better than the alternative.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Keep well hydrated while it heals, you might want to lay of the booze, this might have the added avantage of preventing future scars.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

winsamsoon

for the constructive advice cheers, for the rest fook off  :D
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

DownFanatic

A bit of aloe vera rubbed into the wound every couple of hours works wonders.

lurganblue

The chicks love scars win. It adds character ;)

Rudi

Bio oil or strivectin cream available online but very expensive.

From the Bunker

Thought this was about Meath / Louth Leinster final. ;)

illdecide

Trust me saan with a face like yours a small scar is the least of your worries :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ballela-angel

Had a serious injury to a finger recently and have been given a patch of silicon to put on the scars at night to soften them - Too soon yet to tell if it works, but the physical therapist I have been going to for flexibility etc hasn't put me wrong yet, so I expect it will work - Hope this helps
That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

lynchbhoy

the 'cure' used tobe olive oil applied frequently, but these days bio oil or even types of aloe vera oil freq applied are the norm I believe.
Was told this after my op - but as its on the leg I couldnt care less about a scar there so didnt really listen