CONNACHT FINAL ROS v SLIGO 18th July 2010

Started by Rossfan, June 28, 2010, 08:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Well just out of the Mchale Park dressing Room, some serious celebrations is been had & i  got my hands on the cup  ;D

Nobody including many rossies fan's gave the team a snow ball chance, unreal scene's at the end grown men crying & finally after a nine year famine Nestor is back home

I'll talk more when i get off cloud nine

That was for you Dermot
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Farrandeelin

To be honest, I thought in the second half that Sligo could have gone on to win it if they were good enough. Simply weren't though. Saying that, I'm very happy Ros won that title, but as Barney said, Roscommon are going to be hard stopped for the next couple of years. A very young team winning their first Connacht title and they are also U-21 champs this year... Watch out for them.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: ross4life on July 18, 2010, 07:54:44 PM
Well just out of the Mchale Park dressing Room, some serious celebrations is been had & i  got my hands on the cup  ;D

Nobody including many rossies fan's gave us a snow ball chance, unreal scene's at the end grown men crying & finally after a nine year famine Nestor is back home

I'll talk more when i get off cloud nine

That was for you Dermot

it sure was ross4life you kinda just felt that roscommon were going to to win to day no pressure on them and Dermot watching down from above nodding approvingly as shine kicked point after point on a  glorious day in mc hale park.it was a great game of football for the neutral costello was unreal for sligo scoring 5 great points ( how the fcuk did mayo let him slip through the net) and what can you say about shine absolutely brilliant both from play and place kicking, in fairness it was a pity there was a looser but good luck to both teams and I'm sure the rossies on the board will enjoy todays victory 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 18, 2010, 08:01:41 PM
To be honest, I thought in the second half that Sligo could have gone on to win it if they were good enough. Simply weren't though. Saying that, I'm very happy Ros won that title, but as Barney said, Roscommon are going to be hard stopped for the next couple of years. A very young team winning their first Connacht title and they are also U-21 champs this year... Watch out for them.

I bloody hope so, my second favourate team in Ireland.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Main Street

Great win for Roscommon, well deserved.

Cosmo Kramer

I wouldn't be proclaiming Roscommon's long term credentials just yet. Today was a real opportunity and they grabbed it, but there are definite weaknesses also. I don't think Finneran has it in him to play like that every match - a lot of teams would clean out that midfield. They're still awfully reliant on Shine in the forwards also and they don't seem to have brought too many more quality forwards through their underage teams. Will be interesting to see how they go from here on out but its OTT to call them a new power based on one game. Having said that I hope they do the province proud in the All Ireland Series and prove me wrong.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Farrandeelin

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 17, 2010, 10:25:24 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on July 17, 2010, 10:11:34 PM
Quote from: jjjshabadoojnr on July 17, 2010, 10:01:10 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on July 17, 2010, 08:35:38 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 16, 2010, 01:08:35 AM
Sligo Team not from an official source is Greene, Harrison, McGuire, Donovan, J Davey, Phillips, Cawley, Gilmartin, Taylor, Costello, Breheny, O Hara, McGee, Marren, Kelly.

I can see on all the boards and the Roscommon folk trying to convince themselves into winning frame of mind, but its one thing thinking your going to win and another knowing your going to win.

What an absolute clown you are Sligonian. Win a couple of matches, and the arrogance flows like shit out of you. I've seen this with Sligo people before. Give me knowledgeable Gaa people from Mayo and Galway any day.

Ive seen this behaviour from supporters of all teams in connacht at one time or another. I someone deduce that the bold Sligonian made the statement with tongue firmly in cheek in the hope that someone would fall for the bait - take a bow shrewdness.
I noted from my time in Sligo IT that Mayo people in particular had a penchant for this type of behaviour.
It is a rare phenomenon indeed that would see GAA knowledge confined exclusively to the borders of Mayo and Galway. ::) Maybe Jim Corr might look into that one. Scutter talk if ever I heard it.

Best of luck to Kevin and the lads tomorrow. Hopefully we will be Connacht Champs come 6pm. All i know is that regardless of the result these lads have been a breath of fresh air this year and have played some delightfull football which has been a joy to watch for this supporter. What is rare is beautiful. Up the Magpies!

Actually, if you read back a few pages, you'll see that i wasn't the first person to comment on Sligonian's remarks, so i won't be taking any bow.

Best of luck to the Rossies, and may the spirit of the late great Dermot Earley inspire our team to victory tomorrow.
I said on here and stolensheep my that comment about knowing was a wind up, i could see ye were looking to get offended all week, when i said it would be tight but i expect Sligo to win etc.. im called a arrogant p***k, so i decided to well give ye what ye wanted. We are better than ye and i had to laugh today when on Saturday game, of Derry v Kildare, and mcstay saying 4-1odds for Ros was crazy odds as ros never fear Sligo (even though we have a decent record there) and Flynn saying "now kevin 4-1 odds is accurate, i expect Sligo to win by at least 6pts even if they play mediocre, theres no form with roscommon and there wins over london and leitrim were poor performances"

He is from Meath but if a Sligoman said that heaven forbid. Im excited, im nervous, im expectant, and i trust our lads to do the business. No one knows the future so roscommon have a chance but a slight one at that imo and alot has to go against us and for ye.

Just reminding what Sligonian said. ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

heffo

Well done Ros - some turnaround from last year - I was talking to a high profile Mayo player who wouldn't be known for his humilty a couple of days after the Mayo v Ros game last year and he described Ros as worse than an average Mayo senior team

Flirtyflan

As yer barber from Roscommon said " they are the greathest team in the world" 
Well Done lads  what a game!! :)

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: mjg on July 16, 2010, 08:10:22 AM
Never when mayo were beating us in an out of the gates in hyde or mchale did i encounter such arrogance or cockiness as that that sprouts from sligonian.Your attempt to turn sligo in to the meath of connacht is right on track

:o

mckieran

A wonderful quality match; I enjoyed it much more than other match this year. I had high hopes of an exciting game before this match and was not let down.

Thought Shine & Costelloe were the 2 outstanding players. Finneran for Roscommon also won some important ball. And Roscommons number 12 did a lot of "hard" work (The type of work Paul Galvin does for Kerry).

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: mckieran on July 18, 2010, 08:42:18 PM
A wonderful quality match; I enjoyed it much more than other match this year. I had high hopes of an exciting game before this match and was not let down.

Thought Shine & Costelloe were the 2 outstanding players. Finneran for Roscommon also won some important ball. And Roscommons number 12 did a lot of "hard" work (The type of work Paul Galvin does for Kerry).

Cathel Cregg from Western Gaels (Frenchpark - the last town in Roscommon before Mayo)

muppet

Quote from: heffo on July 18, 2010, 08:28:15 PM
Well done Ros - some turnaround from last year - I was talking to a high profile Mayo player who wouldn't be known for his humilty a couple of days after the Mayo v Ros game last year and he described Ros as worse than an average Mayo senior team

You of course are a paragon of humility.
MWWSI 2017

heffo

Quote from: muppet on July 18, 2010, 08:46:49 PM

I can't recall ever rubbishing a team after beating them, so in that context, I am yes

muppet

Quote from: heffo on July 18, 2010, 08:48:48 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 18, 2010, 08:46:49 PM

I can't recall ever rubbishing a team after beating them, so in that context, I am yes

You have form in bad mouthing barely concealed identities from behind your anonymous username and your previous post was more of it.
MWWSI 2017