Dermot Earley Snr RIP

Started by Dinny Breen, June 23, 2010, 01:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

God bless you Dermot, legend of a man

Rest in peace - excellent post Matt

Fear ón Srath Bán

Very sad loss, he was a great inspiration to many players of the game in many counties and, indeed, countries.

RIP Dermot.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

highorlow

A true legend.

I had the pleasure of meeting the man and having a few pints with him on one occasion.

RIP.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Never beat the deeler

Just logged on this morning to hear this sad news. My thoughts are with his family at this time

I myself was too young to remember him play, but it is fantastic to read the tributes here.
Hasta la victoria siempre

stephenite

I remember 1985 and my father (who's not from Mayo, or indeed Connacht) pointing out that only true greats get that honour. RIP

Kerry Mike

RIP Dermot , legend on & off the field
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Shrewdness

Felt a terrible sadness and shock at this news today. A true gentleman if ever there was one. You'll never be forgotten in Rossieland Dermot......RIP.

midLouth

RIP Dermot. A leader on many different fronts.

RedandGreenSniper

In football terms Dermot Earley was before my time but it is so clear from the legacy he left how iconic he was as a player. An awful loss to the GAA. Sincerest sympathies to his family and to all the Rossies.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Azzurri

JUst retired

RIP to Dermot Earley, his passing leaves the world a lesser place. I first met him when Armagh played Roscommon in 1977. I was a member of the Armagh squad and found him to be a true gentleman, we then came accross one another during my time as an umpire at a few Roscommon games in the last decade. My sympthies go out to his wife and family,and to all Rossies fans who have lost a father and a footballing legend.I am honoured to have known him.

Mano

Was at that game in 85 as a youngster as a Mayo supporter. For previous few years i was a Roscommon supporter (legacy of having parents from both counties) and Earley was my first GAA hero. An absolute legend may he rest in peace.

seabee

There's a book of condolence and some photos on www.gaaroscommon.ie

meathie

RIP Dermot. Thoughts to family at this time.