Dublin v Meath Sunday 27th June

Started by Declan, June 21, 2010, 09:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUBSFORSAM1

Fully deserved by Meath today....the one area that actually worked against Wexford (the fullback line) got destroyed today...the players most people said shouldn't be there such as McConnell/Brennan played well

INDIANA

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on June 27, 2010, 06:44:56 PM
Fully deserved by Meath today....the one area that actually worked against Wexford (the fullback line) got destroyed today...the players most people said shouldn't be there such as McConnell/Brennan played well

If you think Mc Connell played well. You should be in Portrane.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: INDIANA on June 27, 2010, 06:47:11 PM

We dominated the kickouts etc, he had the most posession on the pitch while on it and hitting good passes into the forwards.....you care to elaborate on where he got beaten??

INDIANA

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on June 27, 2010, 06:52:10 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on June 27, 2010, 06:47:11 PM

We dominated the kickouts etc, he had the most posession on the pitch while on it and hitting good passes into the forwards.....you care to elaborate on where he got beaten??
When Mark Ward catches 5 clean kickouts in the first half you know youre gone.   if you think midfield went well today you must be a member of the Dublin managament.

ross4life

Quote from: INDIANA on June 27, 2010, 06:25:38 PM
Congrats to meath fully deserved it. We were a shambles. I'm not even that depressed about it. I said this was on the cards all year. And it transpired.
We won the u21 all-ireland this year. Moving forward its time to base the team on those lads and rebuild. 5 years from now we might have a team.
Absolutely no complaints and fair play to Meath. Its their time now. Had good crack with their fans as ever. But they own the bragging rights now and for the forseeable future.

A few calls to the Samaritans might be made tonight! Between Dublin and Mayo fans I doubt anyone else will get a look in.

How many of the U21 team played today.. the FB midfielder &?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

INDIANA

Quote from: ross4life on June 27, 2010, 07:00:09 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on June 27, 2010, 06:25:38 PM
Congrats to meath fully deserved it. We were a shambles. I'm not even that depressed about it. I said this was on the cards all year. And it transpired.
We won the u21 all-ireland this year. Moving forward its time to base the team on those lads and rebuild. 5 years from now we might have a team.
Absolutely no complaints and fair play to Meath. Its their time now. Had good crack with their fans as ever. But they own the bragging rights now and for the forseeable future.

A few calls to the Samaritans might be made tonight! Between Dublin and Mayo fans I doubt anyone else will get a look in.

How many of the U21 team played today.. the FB midfielder &?
Most of them in the States for the summer. One played ROC at fb. Looked tired after playing 21 hurling during the week.
Wasn't any huge efforts made to get them involved Ros.

Tatler Jack

QuoteA few calls to the Samaritans might be made tonight! Between Dublin and Mayo fans I doubt anyone else will get a look in.

English fans have lines jammed. Take your place in queue!!

Milltown Row2

Dublin were beat the second i hit return on my keyboard for my Gaa bet. ballbegs!!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Denn Forever

Meath seemed hungrier for the ball.  Dublin players appeared to be carrying some weight?

It may be a blessing in disguise as Dublin will have to go back to the drawing board.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

INDIANA

Quote from: Denn Forever on June 27, 2010, 07:52:33 PM
Meath seemed hungrier for the ball.  Dublin players appeared to be carrying some weight?

It may be a blessing in disguise as Dublin will have to go back to the drawing board.

There are no pages left on the drawing board Denn!

The Aristocrat

Well done Meath, 5 cracking goals, well deserved win. First time in 10 years beating the dubs, well done.

There was not one Dublin fan said that we would win this one and they were right. There is about a million gaels that could see it during the match, the problem is the 2 people that matter didnt.

There was 2 good things though that came out of today. 1. we were found out early rather than later and 2. Hopefully depending on the draw we might get a trip down the country.

P.S Dubs to win the all ireland 12-1, back door job on it  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Hound

Thought we were looking reasonably good for 15 or 20 minutes, when we notched 8 points. But then it all went wrong pretty much all over the pitch.

Concede 5 goals and you'll always get beat by a cricket score. Well done Meath, took their goals really well.

Bring on the qualifiers!

Jinxy

A bit of a surreal day yesterday.
Surreal.....but good.  :D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Declan

Congrats to Meath. Took their chances well and deserved to win. They got all the breaks going and took full advantage of it. I said after the Wexford game that this was the worst Dublin team in my lifetime and yesterday confirmed it but it wasn't the scoreline that confirmed it rather the complete lack of a structure or plan and the fact that at least 5 of the players should struggle to make a senior club team never mind IC. Only sour taste was the ungraciousness of lots of the Meath lads I met on the way out and especially up at the lights at Quinns - they must have been different lads that Indiana met.
There'll be very few Dub fans travelling to see this team in the qualifying match and I meant that in the singular cos they'll be back playing club football after the next match irrespective of who we draw

Jinxy

I see ResDubs is closed for "maintenance".
If you were any use you'd be playing.