Excuses

Started by illdecide, June 16, 2010, 11:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubai2000

1 of our lads turned up lastnite, i asked y he wasn training - he couldnt find his boots - lethal!!!!

also, i beleive excuses are a pile o sh1t, but when ur CCCC throw matches here there and everywhere not in sync with the master fixtures, you can understand players having excuses

supersub

Can I just ask what level of team this is you manage? And what county? These excuses are actually laughable and I know if this was any senior team that I know of in Down, the manager wouldnt have them back, where's the commitment?!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Rois on June 16, 2010, 12:51:23 PM
I had to give an excuse a couple of years ago that I couldn't come to training because I was knocking the doors of houses on my sister's street looking for an escaped rabbit.  I swear to god it was genuine, the kids were in bits. (never found the rabbit) 

To this day the coach still doesn't believe me. 

Here you go Rois!

haranguerer

Broken crossbar, we'd refer to our ma as the 'oul doll', not our woman - is it a regional variation, or is it true after all what they say about those cross' boys?  :P

Anyway, silage is a valid excuse, but just about the only one...

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: haranguerer on June 16, 2010, 01:20:19 PM
Broken crossbar, we'd refer to our ma as the 'oul doll', not our woman - is it a regional variation, or is it true after all what they say about those cross' boys?  :P

Anyway, silage is a valid excuse, but just about the only one...

In Cork man, in Cork ;D

beer baron

I'm playing pool
The car broke down  ;)
Heading to a Festival later

fitzroyalty

Says a lot about your management skills illdecide  ;)

passedit

Quote from: Canalman on June 16, 2010, 12:34:41 PM
At least most lads will give an excuse. The worst are the fellas who switch off the phone on the Sunday Morning and "noshow".
No time also for the lads who ring 15mins before the meeting time to say "they have to work late".

+1

The same bucks will be the ones cryin when they don't start the next day. Probably doesn't help though when u put 'bring a top coat' at the end of the meet up text.
Don't Panic

theskull1

Know of a mammy who stopped her son playing hurling because he broke his arm..........PLAYING FOOTBALL  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

illdecide

Quote from: fitzroyalty on June 16, 2010, 01:37:44 PM
Says a lot about your management skills illdecide  ;)

You're prob right but i can tell ya one thing if i can get guys in who are committed them other lads will have splinters on their holes from the dugouts (although they'll prob not come back after the first match their dropped from anyway)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

fitzroyalty

illdecide

A lad text me there and told me he'd to go back to work this evening at 7:00...Aye right ya bollix, after working in construction all day you've to go home and get your spuds and then go back to work (it's possible, maybe doing a bit of concreting or something but i don't believe you saan)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

maximus

Writing on here criticising lads will do nobody any good. If there is an issue it's probably best to say to them that it's not on and sort out what the problem is. The attitude of some players can be frustrating but from personal experience I have found the level of commitment reflects the respect for the management. There are however lads who will make excuses regardless.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: maximus on June 16, 2010, 05:22:29 PM
Writing on here criticising lads will do nobody any good. If there is an issue it's probably best to say to them that it's not on and sort out what the problem is. The attitude of some players can be frustrating but from personal experience I have found the level of commitment reflects the respect for the management. There are however lads who will make excuses regardless.
spot on.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

EagleLord

There are some frightening excuses there on this thread, alot of which I just couldnt take seriously if I was over a team. I mean some of those are seriously ridiculous, the woman breakin up with him and the ma not wakenin him!  :D :D :D :D Bottom line is there are very very few excuses that are deemed acceptable, but Id find most managers wont mind a genuine excuse as long as they are given in plenty of time in advance.