Is K McGeeney over rated as a Manager???

Started by Rossfan, June 05, 2010, 10:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

bigpaul

Probably,maybe,possibly!!!!!Whichever it is, it won't be easily proved!

Over the Bar

As he is a poster on the board albeit infrequently you're a marked man rossfan!   ;)

bigpaul

I would say that all successful managers are over-rated, and, most unsuccessful managers are under-rated!IT'S THE CULT OF THE MANAGER!!!!!!!!!!

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

bigpaul

Quote from: ONeill on June 05, 2010, 11:48:41 PM
Who over-rated him?
Don't know who over-rated him,but there are a few people who rated him!

ONeill

I've family in Kildare and that's not the case. I think they're pleased that he has brought them to the last 8 in recent seasons.

Armaghgeddon

Whoa! First game of the season, albeit they lost. Season is far from over at the minute.

But in my honest opinion, I think he shouldn't have took a county job so early. Should have learn't from club level and see how well he does. The Kildare team definitely have something in the tank. Usually when teams score 1-15 it is enough to put them through. It just wasn't the case today. The defenders need to be tighter in the next game.

He is in his third year as a manager. Took him a few years to become a class midfielder. Not saying he is going to become a class manager but we will have to wait and see.

cavanmaniac

I think McGeeney needed Grimley alongside him a bit longer, for tactical input and so on, until he has the ropes learned a bit more himself.

cadhlancian

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on June 06, 2010, 12:40:14 AM
Whoa! First game of the season, albeit they lost. Season is far from over at the minute.

But in my honest opinion, I think he shouldn't have took a county job so early. Should have learn't from club level and see how well he does. The Kildare team definitely have something in the tank. Usually when teams score 1-15 it is enough to put them through. It just wasn't the case today. The defenders need to be tighter in the next game.

He is in his third year as a manager. Took him a few years to become a class midfielder. Not saying he is going to become a class manager but we will have to wait and see.

ONeill

Quote from: cavanmaniac on June 06, 2010, 12:54:13 AM
I think McGeeney needed Grimley alongside him a bit longer, for tactical input and so on, until he has the ropes learned a bit more himself.

Why? Kildare with McGeeney and Grimley were knocked out first round in 2008 ( v Wicklow) and lost by a goal in the All-Ireland quarters to Cork. Why would Grimley have made a difference this year?

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: cadhlancian on June 06, 2010, 01:09:58 AM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on June 06, 2010, 12:40:14 AM

Half back  ;D

Tyrones own

I'd have a lot of time for the man.... just a small hiccup I'd say.
They'll give a few teams craic in the qualifiers yet!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

longrunsthefox

He cost them some tank of money... if I was a customer I'd expect better value.