2010 Football Championship Attendances

Started by Shortso79, May 29, 2010, 06:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: INDIANA on July 12, 2010, 09:33:32 PM
Quote from: Shortso79 on July 12, 2010, 09:28:43 PM
Just missing Offaly v Waterford attendance - page 1

2,000 i think

I saw 6,800 mentioned in one paper but hey also had that down as the hurling crowd so maybe over the 2 games that was the total?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Canalman

c3,500 quoted on RTE as attendance at Celtic Park today.

J OGorman

3747 was announced @ ht in celtic pk. While price and I got in as a student

snoopdog

No word on attendance in Tullamore last night, was in stand and it looked reasonably full while a few hundred on terraces.Big Down support around.
Must be the best ground in the country outside Croke Limerick and Semple. A credit to the County Board.

magickingdom

Quote from: J OGorman on July 17, 2010, 09:20:01 PM

thats a poor crowd considering one team was going out and both fancied their chances of a decent run in the championship

Bogball XV

6700 at Wexford Park.
13800 at O'Moore Park.

viiv

barelegs

Can't remember hearing it announced but the BBC report just there now said 34,000

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Lazer

Quote from: J OGorman on July 17, 2010, 09:20:01 PM

I thought there was no student discount in the championship?
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

orangeman

The GAA won't be getting rid of the Ulster championship anytime soon.

Ulster's figures have kept up well.

I felt sorry for a man yesterday who approached stewards with his wife and 3 children - he only had 2 tickets for him and the wife - the children were aged 4, 6 and 7. He was told he had to buy 3 more full priced tickets for the children. He told them he genuinely said that he could not afford to buy 3 more full price tickets.

Redhand Santa

The GAA can confirm that the combined attendances for this year's GAA Football and Hurling Championships will pass the one million mark this weekend with Saturday's double header quarter-final football fixtures involving Down v Kerry and Dublin v Tyrone at Croke Park.

To date 959,367 people have attended 79 senior inter-county championship matches in both codes (compared to 76 in 2009) which is a decrease of 2.0% on the figure for the same period last year.

The 2010 figure was recorded despite a significant drop in the traditional attendance for Cork v Limerick GAA Munster hurling championship games, the early elimination of Dublin from the Leinster football championship and the unusual timing of a number of fixtures as a result of television scheduling because of World Cup matches.

The hurling and football qualifiers combined show an increase of 13% on 2009.

The GAA would like to acknowledge the ongoing support of its members and supporters in what continue to be challenging economic times and point to the sale of special ticket packages that have been made available for the second year running in an effort to offer extra value to regular attendees of our games.

'The Combo Package' covers entry for the quarter-final and corresponding semi-final for €65 (adults) €10 (16 and under). (Section 308 or 708 for all matches).

Football Feast for the All-Ireland quarter-finals and semi-finals for just €99 for adults and €20 for 16 and under. (Section 308 for all matches).

'The Dual Package' includes all the GAA Football and GAA Hurling quarter and semi-finals for just €150 for adults and €30 for 16s and under. (Section 308 for all matches).

GAA Clubs can avail of the Club Pass for just €10 a head for any given quarter-final or semi-final, as well as the traditional Group Pass (€3 per juvenile) - applications to be made through Club secretaries only. (Seats in the Davin Stand)

To purchase all GAA tickets and packages, visit www.gaa.ie.

Shortso79

Anyone aware of the limerick v cork attendance ?

Rossfan

Quote from: Shortso79 on July 29, 2010, 08:52:30 PM

Anyone aware of the limerick v cork attendance ?

football last week I presume? 10,036.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM