Derry v Armagh Championship

Started by bennydorano, April 28, 2010, 10:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiskeysteve

Quote from: J70 on May 09, 2010, 02:57:56 PM
Quote from: derryhero on May 07, 2010, 10:37:29 PM
i dont want to dig up old graves, so i will have my say....and that will be the last

brian mullan didnt actually knee the monaghan player in the testicles, if you watch it closesly u wil see him catch the monaghan boy on the groin. therefore mullan didnt actually deserve to be banned

tommy freeman sticks the head in mc guckian and only gets a 4 week ban, an absoulte disgrace, man shud be arrested by the gardi and the keys throw te fcuk.

but that is all in the past, so we will no further discuss it

think derry will win by 3-6 points. celtic park fortress to be renewed

So Mr Mullan was aiming for the Monaghan player's groin, not his balls? Or his aim was off by a few millimetres and they don't really possess such precision accuracy in Derry when it comes to sticking a knee into someone's balls?

By that logic, if I go out on the field and throw a serious left hook, but I don't connect due to my opponent ducking or just lousy aim on my part, I don't deserve punishment? Intent has nothing to do with it? ???

That has to be one of the most ridiculous, weak defenses I have ever heard.  :D

Likewise one of the most ridiculous taking of a WUMs bait i have ever seen  ;D

You werent the only one i see...
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

J70

Quote from: whiskeysteve on May 09, 2010, 04:57:17 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 09, 2010, 02:57:56 PM
Quote from: derryhero on May 07, 2010, 10:37:29 PM
i dont want to dig up old graves, so i will have my say....and that will be the last

brian mullan didnt actually knee the monaghan player in the testicles, if you watch it closesly u wil see him catch the monaghan boy on the groin. therefore mullan didnt actually deserve to be banned

tommy freeman sticks the head in mc guckian and only gets a 4 week ban, an absoulte disgrace, man shud be arrested by the gardi and the keys throw te fcuk.

but that is all in the past, so we will no further discuss it

think derry will win by 3-6 points. celtic park fortress to be renewed

So Mr Mullan was aiming for the Monaghan player's groin, not his balls? Or his aim was off by a few millimetres and they don't really possess such precision accuracy in Derry when it comes to sticking a knee into someone's balls?

By that logic, if I go out on the field and throw a serious left hook, but I don't connect due to my opponent ducking or just lousy aim on my part, I don't deserve punishment? Intent has nothing to do with it? ???

That has to be one of the most ridiculous, weak defenses I have ever heard.  :D

Likewise one of the most ridiculous taking of a WUMs bait i have ever seen  ;D

You werent the only one i see...

The post something idiotic and claim it was a wind-up all along defense. Right.

whiskeysteve

derryhero (WUM) posted nonsense. you bought it. i pointed it out. clear enough?
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

J70

Quote from: whiskeysteve on May 09, 2010, 05:42:47 PM
derryhero (WUM) posted nonsense. you bought it. i pointed it out. clear enough?

From a subsequent post he made, it appears you are correct.

In my defense, I will say that what he would not have been the first to post something ludicrous like that as a genuine, serious contribution to this board. The bar for what passes as serious discussion here can be fairly low...

whiskeysteve

You have no defence.

You were caught with your pants round your ankles lad  ;) Come clean, the truth shall set ye free!

mackers

Quote from: whiskeysteve on May 09, 2010, 06:01:40 PM
You have no defence.

You were caught with your pants round your ankles lad  ;) Come clean, the truth shall set ye free!
You've an interesting logic going there..............
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Orior

I suspect this match may be a draw.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

imtommygunn

I predict Armagh by 5.

Armagh seem to now play a HF line under O'Rourke. Also McDonnell is on fire and Clarke to come in.

Be interesting to see who picks up Paddy Bradley and Eoin Bradley. I'd expect Andy Mallon on one but not sure about the other.

Derry just seem to be going nowhere at the minute. Maybe I'll be proved wrong but what was once their forte - the defense - now seems shaky enough and they have no HF line to speak of.

Overthebar!

think your wrong imtommygun. i am gonna go the other way and say derry by 4-5....not too many injuries at the minute
should be a good day out in celtic park

hobit hunter

Donaghy will take one of the two Bradley's.  He proved just how good he is a full back and man marker in the Div II final.

Clarke won't play - I have it from a good source that he's not sure himself whether or not he'll even make the bench.  That being the case, I'd rather not see him until later in the summer, we should not be risking him when there are either quarters or knockouts ahead of us.

I've no idea how good or bad Derry really are, but read an interesting view yesterday from Peter Canavan which could mean that it doesn't matter, he reckons that no matter who comes out of Celtic Park that they will have had to peak too early and show their hand, with Monaghan ready and waiting to pick them off.  Sadly, he may be right!

Taking a positive view on it - I see our defence keeping the Derry scores down with the Bradley's getting more and more frustrated as the day goes on with the lack of time and space.  If Toner turns up, we'll win midfield and with Stevie back to his best, I see our forwards enjoy a quick running game and leading Armagh to a 1 point win. (There won't be a run away win on either side)

mountainboii

Quote from: hobit hunter on May 10, 2010, 10:27:53 AM
Donaghy will take one of the two Bradley's.  He proved just how good he is a full back and man marker in the Div II final.

Clarke won't play - I have it from a good source that he's not sure himself whether or not he'll even make the bench.  That being the case, I'd rather not see him until later in the summer, we should not be risking him when there are either quarters or knockouts ahead of us.

I've no idea how good or bad Derry really are, but read an interesting view yesterday from Peter Canavan which could mean that it doesn't matter, he reckons that no matter who comes out of Celtic Park that they will have had to peak too early and show their hand, with Monaghan ready and waiting to pick them off.  Sadly, he may be right!

Taking a positive view on it - I see our defence keeping the Derry scores down with the Bradley's getting more and more frustrated as the day goes on with the lack of time and space.  If Toner turns up, we'll win midfield and with Stevie back to his best, I see our forwards enjoy a quick running game and leading Armagh to a 1 point win. (There won't be a run away win on either side)

Don't really agree with that. Firstly, don't really buy into this 'peaking' shite, especially this early in the year. Secondly, I think the benefits of a full blooded run out far outweigh the benefits of sitting on your arse for an extra 3 or 4 weeks.

Oakleafer1993

Quote from: hobit hunter on May 10, 2010, 10:27:53 AM

I think thats a load of balls from Peter Canavan - in the case of Derry we have not even got started this year - so we will not be hitting peak form for this game. I can see Gerald O kane or Kevin McGuckian man marking McDonnell. Doherty will produce the goods on sunday at midfield. I think it will be a hard and physical game. But Derry should get the result-  by at least 3 points.

hobit hunter

[/quote]

I think thats a load of balls from Peter Canavan - in the case of Derry we have not even got started this year - so we will not be hitting peak form for this game. I can see Gerald O kane or Kevin McGuckian man marking McDonnell. Doherty will produce the goods on sunday at midfield. I think it will be a hard and physical game. But Derry should get the result-  by at least 3 points.
[/quote]

That gives me more confidence that Armagh will win on Sunday.  There's not a man in the province to man mark McDonnell, I still contend that there'll be no more than a point in it with Armagh to edge it.

jodyb

Quote from: hobit hunter on May 10, 2010, 12:19:16 PM

[/quote]

That gives me more confidence that Armagh will win on Sunday.  There's not a man in the province to man mark McDonnell, I still contend that there'll be no more than a point in it with Armagh to edge it.
[/quote]

I dont think either set of supporters can be overly confident at this point, there are too many unknowns with both teams. Derry have still no settled team and are still experimenting, considering their new additions to the panel last week. Poor league form and still no real cohesion, esp when the two bradley brothers are on the pitch at the same time, would give some cause for concern, but they definitely have the players to win on the day if they click.

Armagh, although they're coming off a good league run and already have some silverware, you'd have to ask how much did Donegal lie down at the final league game. Likewise, no Clarke has to be a concern, as good as McDonnell is, he can always be marked to some extent and scores could otherwise be hard to come by esp if the like of A Kernan has to do a marking job himself. Overall, I think both teams are probably closely matched and there wont be a whole lot in it either way

mackers

I'd agree with that jodyb, hard to judge both teams. As an Armagh supporter I am happy we got promotion because Divison 2 was of a particularly poor standard this year. I think to be challenging hard in late August/September we need to be playing Divison 1 football.  I'd read very little into our league campaign other than we are playing a better type of football.  Sunday will tell us how far we have come.
Hard to know whether teams are better struggling in Divison 1 or swanning through Divison 2.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.