Lent, easter the whole malarky

Started by ardal, March 26, 2010, 12:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardal

Easter sunday is the 11th April. When was ash wednesday? How many dys are there in lent so?

The day before good friday. Not a half bad thursday or whatever. The big JC seems to have been wild busy on this day, which must have certainly lasted fpr more than 24hrs.

If the bible's wrong is the man in Rome infallible?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

supersarsfields

Feck me there was Hardy getting annoyed about soccer taking over the board. Religion seems to be kicking it's ass at the minute.

5-4 Religion on the opening page.

lynchbhoy

this question about the days in lent was asked last year also
46 from recollection...
though it seems like years since I had sweets and a bar of chocolate !

think the 40 days isnt quite literal !
akin to the world being created in 6 days.

móidín doire

Quote from: ardal on March 26, 2010, 12:05:16 AM
Easter sunday is the 11th April. When was ash wednesday? How many dys are there in lent so?

The day before good friday. Not a half bad thursday or whatever. The big JC seems to have been wild busy on this day, which must have certainly lasted fpr more than 24hrs.

If the bible's wrong is the man in Rome infallible?

I thought Easter Sunday was the 4th of April this year myself.

The Iceman

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 26, 2010, 10:42:49 AM
this question about the days in lent was asked last year also
46 from recollection...
though it seems like years since I had sweets and a bar of chocolate !

think the 40 days isnt quite literal !
akin to the world being created in 6 days.

Maybe if yous listened in Mass or Religion at school you's would know that Sundays in Lent don't count.  You cannot fast on feast day. The calendar is the same every year.  Lent varies in days based on the Sundays.

Have a bit of manners boys will yous and maybe look into something and understand it before you rubbish it.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

deiseach

Easter falls on the first Sunday after the first Paschal full moon after the spring equinox, which explains why St Patrick's Day never falls outside of Lent, which explains why that weasely formulation about being able to break your Lenten fast on March 17th came into use

supersarsfields

actually am I wrong or does Lent not end at mass on Holy Thursday?

The Real Laoislad

Haven't eaten Chocolate since Pancake Tuesday,have actually lost nearly 2 stone since,not just from giving up junk but from cycling and jogging as well.
Anyway Im going to do the dog on it on Easter Sunday,I have 5 Easter Eggs ready to be devoured
You'll Never Walk Alone.