The Mood of the Nation

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, March 23, 2010, 10:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Irish State. So at this moment in time what do ye reckon?

We are doomed, doomed I tell ya.
8 (17%)
Its just a blip, calm down for feck sake.
3 (6.4%)
Its a bit shakey just now, it could go either way.
9 (19.1%)
We will rebuild stronger and learn from our mistakes.
2 (4.3%)
We will recover but make the same mistakes all over again.
23 (48.9%)
Don't care I am emmigrating.
1 (2.1%)
What are you on about, we are doing ok, its a global recession.
9 (19.1%)
Don't know.
4 (8.5%)
Other
7 (14.9%)
I'm happy.
4 (8.5%)
More things in the World to worry about.
5 (10.6%)
Its a great opportunity for people who want it enough.
3 (6.4%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: May 12, 2010, 11:18:41 PM

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

A well folks, just watching Primetime and it has to make you incredibly downbeat about the state of the Irish State. First topic was all about Anglo Irish Bank expected €15 Billion losses & yet bonuses for some staff. Now they are discussing what went wrong in the Cork floods. After reading in the newspapers about the disaster that is the Irish Catholic church, pensions & listening to Newstalk about Government reshuffles (good or bad). I wonder what the mood of the nation is! Maybe I have just been overwhelmed by a moment of impending doom, but I feeling deeply distressed for the prospects of our Republic.

So at this moment in time what do ye reckon?
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

I just fckd up that poll, it's bloody loaded negatively even when I didn't mean it to be. Should have left 2 options not 3, so you could vote positively, fck sake. Can't figure how to change the amount of votes. Unintentional Gerrymandering going on here, apologies.  :-[

OK fixed that, by adding happy out options.

ziggysego

There's an option to reset the votes... clown!  :D
Testing Accessibility

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ziggysego on March 23, 2010, 10:36:49 PM
There's an option to reset the votes... clown!  :D

Just done that Ziggy, thanks. Can't alter the amount of votes allowed, so I added positives. Seeing Terry Hatcher dressed as a naughty school girl is actually making things look up.

Sorry to the lads who voted already. I won't reset again, hope its at least fair now.

longrunsthefox

haranguerer

With pessimistic whores like you in it, I'd say the mood of the nation is decidedly down...

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 23, 2010, 10:42:07 PM
Can Nordies vote?  :'(

Ya, I meant it as a general National mood (32 counties) towards the prospects of the Irish State (be it residents, citizens, the general Irish nation and Diaspora or people who feel they have a vested interest in the Irish State)

I intended this as a non exclusionary, non partisan poll. It is not anti-Government, anti-opposition, anti-banks, anti-church, anti-anything poll, unless people want to make it one themselves. I'm just interested what people reckon without trying to load the question one way or another.

Your views might be defined by the state of the economy right across to the impact of the rule changes in football. The Irish rugby team right across to the various churches place in the Irish education system.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: haranguerer on March 23, 2010, 10:47:25 PM
With pessimistic whores like you in it, I'd say the mood of the nation is decidedly down...

Thanks haranguerer, I was trying to think of who that other person that always nit-picks on what I say. The other two being Ludermor and Pints (sometimes). Fair enough, I reckon I must annoy ye.

Donnellys Hollow

Dunguib got beat at Cheltenham - we're fcuked I tells ya!  >:( >:(
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 23, 2010, 11:29:40 PM

Dunguib got beat at Cheltenham - we're fcuked I tells ya!  >:( >:(

A Jesus man I'd forgotten, I lost €30 on that   :'(

leenie

great feckin thread as i prepare to do an all nighter.... and one of my assignments is on "motivation"  :o
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

ziggysego

Quote from: leenie on March 23, 2010, 11:59:36 PM
great feckin thread as i prepare to do an all nighter.... and one of my assignments is on "motivation"  :o

You can do it leenie

Testing Accessibility

ludermor

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 23, 2010, 10:59:47 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on March 23, 2010, 10:47:25 PM

Thanks haranguerer, I was trying to think of who that other person that always nit-picks on what I say. The other two being Ludermor and Pints (sometimes). Fair enough, I reckon I must annoy ye.
Annoy me! Ha! Just because i pull you up when you are talking shite doesnt mean you annloy me. You have a history of spouting on this site and then getting overly sensitive and running away for a few months. You are sticking it well this time in fairness.

RogerMilla

I live abroad but i voted that we will recover and then make the same mistakes all over again.
From what i gather from talking to people at home the general feeling is doom and gloom but lets get on with things and try and get through this.

as for anyone who voted that this is a global thing , i think they need to realise that due to the mistakes made ireland will be a lot slower recovering than most of its EU partners..

Olly

I don't really see what is wrong with anything. If you drive about the countryside, the farmers are still farming and life is still moving on. We were lucky to have jobs in the first place and maybe unemployment figures need to be higher because we shouldn't have the amount of work we had as wages couldn't be paid by fantasy money.

People took their fantasy money and bought real things with it.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".