Becks Out of World Cup

Started by Dinny Breen, March 14, 2010, 10:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

ross4life

shame he won't get his chance to say goodbye to the football world at the World cup

but looks like i seen him play his last big game............... :-\
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Capt Pat

This is like when Lady Di died.

Capt Pat

From my perspective, I don't wish any harm on either Di or Becks it is just that I don't have to hear any more about them when they are dead or injured. However it never works out like that and you still have to hear alll about them in the press.

orangeman

Never liked him but feel sorry that he'll miss out.

Chance for somebody else all the same.

2014 out of the question ??

mouview

Millions of people all over middle England will be crying into their green and yellow scarves now. However I'm sure a 'role' can be found for Sir David (surely only a matter of time) in the run up to the World Cup. Perhaps tour the townships in a bid to raise morale, a bit like Bob Hope in 'Nam, except David won't (can't) have to give concerts. Have the Beeb started wearing black armbands yet?

Minder

I would feel a bit sorry for someone like Messi, Ronaldo or Kuyt if they had that type of injury and missed out on a World Cup whilst at the peak of their game. Beckham would have been no more than a seldom used cheerleader. No doubt we will have the required few days of mourning.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Improves Capello's chances. The Beckham shadow was always gonna harm the English.

Badly need a Rooney injury now.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

Quote from: Minder on March 14, 2010, 11:02:06 PM
I would feel a bit sorry for someone like Messi, Ronaldo or Kuyt if they had that type of injury and missed out on a World Cup whilst at the peak of their game. Beckham would have been no more than a seldom used cheerleader. No doubt we will have the required few days of mourning.

did you just put messi, Ronaldo & kuyt in the same sentence  :o
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Denn Forever

Quote from: ONeill on March 14, 2010, 11:02:54 PM
Improves Capello's chances. The Beckham shadow was always gonna harm the English.

If he has any sense he will take an extra striker instead of the midfielder that was probably going to be Beckham.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Orior

Also feel sorry for Posh. She might have top ressurect the singing career now.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on March 14, 2010, 11:02:54 PM

What? Give them a ready made excuse? No thanks.
Testing Accessibility

muppet

If he completely severed it I don't see him playing again. I know Denis Hickie made it back but he wasn't Beckham's age.

Very unfortunate for the guy, I think he has been a good player for clubs and country but I never liked the circus around him.
MWWSI 2017

RealSpiritof98

People don't like to see a superstar publicise themselves thesedays and I understand that, but when it came to a battle in his sporting career beckham fronted up to anything that was thrown at him. His season after WC 98 was awesome, standing up to a Galaxy fan, getting back in the England fold, his form in his last season in Madrid. You cant help to feel sorry for the man no matter how many millions he has in the bank.

Orior

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on March 14, 2010, 11:31:25 PM

People don't like to see a superstar publicise themselves thesedays and I understand that, but when it came to a battle in his sporting career beckham fronted up to anything that was thrown at him. His season after WC 98 was awesome, standing up to a Galaxy fan, getting back in the England fold, his form in his last season in Madrid. You cant help to feel sorry for the man no matter how many millions he has in the bank.

Agreed.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians