US Soldier Waterboards Four Year Old Daughter

Started by gallsman, February 09, 2010, 01:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asal Mor

Quote from: Olly on February 09, 2010, 09:57:34 AM
I think that this is a wee bit overboard, the article and the police. It says "dunked the girl's head in a sink full of water for not reciting the alphabet". But in many families there are mad parents who punish children for not doing the correct thing or not learning. This is a wee but too PC I think.

:D  :D  :D . Good man Olly.

JohnDenver

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 09, 2010, 01:36:30 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on February 09, 2010, 09:20:39 AM
Tyrones Own, stew, magickingdom et al are a bit too quiet on this
Why would they be quiet? They would have been in bed (I assume) in the US when you posted, so I would assume they will maintain radio silence until later today.
Are the US military/government directly responsible for this? No.
Would Stew, TO etc. condone this behaviour? No.

What exaclty is your point again?

They are either in bed or away somewhere teaching children the 8 times tables  :D

Olly

Quote from: haranguerer on February 09, 2010, 01:34:40 PM
Well, for one - you say your own club has suffered from Galls lifting players from them - who exactly?

I'm not naming underage kids to you no way not on a forum. What are the rest of the questions?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

gallsman

Quote from: Olly on February 09, 2010, 02:03:46 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on February 09, 2010, 01:34:40 PM
Well, for one - you say your own club has suffered from Galls lifting players from them - who exactly?

I'm not naming underage kids to you no way not on a forum. What are the rest of the questions?

Did someone mention that this boy is a St. Brigid's man? Chris McCann anyone?

I'm young enough to know where most of St. Galls underage players from maybe U16 up come from and I don't think there's a single St. Brigid's man among them.

Anyway, back on topic. Anyone ho makes any sort of attempt to say that someone forcing a four year old's head underwater is being over-hyped due to his profession is a complete and utter clown

Puckoon

A bit predictable, and ever so slightly pathetic.

Whats the connection to defending the american nation and a "father" (jesus what a poor term to have to use) torturing his daughter?

Oh wait, I forgot. He was an American, it happened in America, and he was a soldier.

Stew, Tyrones own, magickingdom et al better have a good explanation for this...

Tyrones own

Quote from: Puckoon on February 09, 2010, 05:07:50 PM

A bit predictable, and ever so slightly pathetic.

Whats the connection to defending the american nation and a "father" (jesus what a poor term to have to use) torturing his daughter?

Oh wait, I forgot. He was an American, it happened in America, and he was a soldier.

Stew, Tyrones own, magickingdom et al better have a good explanation for this...

Ah sure it's part and parcel of the immature behavior that frequents this board...
I am personally disgusted by this story but I must agree with the fact that if he wasn't a soldier
having served in Iraq, water boarding wouldn't have been mentioned!
I must say it does speak volumes to see the usual suspects falling over themselves
to use it as a stick to poke some more....Pathetic is right!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

ardmhachaabu

puckoon and Tony,

I make the connection because he is an American soldier and those I named seem to think that American soldiers can do no wrong, I was interested to see what they would say in relation to this

I hoped that I was wrong in my assumptions about TO in particular and that he wouldn't try and just pass it off without acknowledging that this man must have learnt this sort of behaviour somewhere.  Your average bricklayer, electrician etc don't learn these things as part of their trade.  It seems to me that as an American soldier serving in Afghanistan/Iraq that these techniques would be common place, I daresay that had this man not been in the US Armed forces that he wouldn't have engaged in such evil behaviour.

It simply astounds me that people can defend the indefensible
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

stew

Eh did you ever hear of the varying time zones?

This is the first I saw of this, it is horrifying and my heart goes out to the poor child AND her father.

Obama needs to invest in getting the military the help they need coming back from the middle east, this guy is obviously in a very bad place mentally and needs to be hospitalised immediately and kept away from society and his kid for a while.

ardmacha, to be trying to score political points on something like this is reprehensible and should be beneath you.

What did you think we were going to say you fecking eejit??????
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on February 09, 2010, 06:36:31 PM
puckoon and Tony,

I make the connection because he is an American soldier and those I named seem to think that American soldiers can do no wrong, I was interested to see what they would say in relation to this

I hoped that I was wrong in my assumptions about TO in particular and that he wouldn't try and just pass it off without acknowledging that this man must have learnt this sort of behaviour somewhere.  Your average bricklayer, electrician etc don't learn these things as part of their trade.  It seems to me that as an American soldier serving in Afghanistan/Iraq that these techniques would be common place, I daresay that had this man not been in the US Armed forces that he wouldn't have engaged in such evil behaviour.

It simply astounds me that people can defend the indefensible

What astounds me [Removed] is that you seem to think that we think yanks can do no wrong, thats a load of bollix but you only see what you can read or have read to you what you want to hear.

Americans in the US military, like every other race of people on the planet have scumbags in their ranks, they have committed atrocities and gotten away with it and America has done things that have made me sick to my stomach at times, so dont make us out to be something that we are not.

For you to imply that American soldiers are taught how to torture people is disgusting, I know plenty of american vets, I play golf witha couple and racketball with another one and they are wonderful people, they never engaged in anything remotely like you suggest and you are a lazy, sanctimonious arsehole of the lowest order.

Was that Austrian pervert, you know the one that imprisioned his own daughter and impregnated her, was he in the American military? I could go on but whats the point.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Puckoon

ardmachaabu

You're losing the run of yourself. This is not about the American armed forces. This is about what one human did to his daughter.

Today there is a Canadian air force major or captain or something or other charged with the murder of two women and the sexual assault of two more. Is the blame to be laid at the feet of Canada?

Its completely transparent that you are trying to suggest that those who defend the actions of soldiers in war, when they are sent there by their governments, are trying to defend the brutality that this man showed his daughter. He is solely responsible for his actions, not his army, and not his country.

I dont think anyone will defend what this man did. Infact - there hasnt been a post of that nature yet, which I am guessing must be dissapointing you.

You're the only person trying to blame a nation for it.

Keyser soze

Can't see why helicopter pilots would be learning hard interrogation techniques like waterboarding. Load of sensationalist nonsense, not of course taking anythiny away from the suffering of the child, but this guy's occupation and the link to waterboarding is tenuous from what i read.

trileacman

Quote from: stew on February 09, 2010, 06:53:53 PM
Obama needs to invest in getting the military the help they need coming back from the middle east, this guy is obviously in a very bad place mentally and needs to be hospitalised immediately and kept away from society and his kid for a while.

You've changed your tune.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Puckoon on February 09, 2010, 07:09:42 PM
ardmachaabu

You're losing the run of yourself. This is not about the American armed forces. This is about what one human did to his daughter.

Today there is a Canadian air force major or captain or something or other charged with the murder of two women and the sexual assault of two more. Is the blame to be laid at the feet of Canada?

Its completely transparent that you are trying to suggest that those who defend the actions of soldiers in war, when they are sent there by their governments, are trying to defend the brutality that this man showed his daughter. He is solely responsible for his actions, not his army, and not his country.

I dont think anyone will defend what this man did. Infact - there hasnt been a post of that nature yet, which I am guessing must be dissapointing you.

You're the only person trying to blame a nation for it.
puck with respect, I am not blaming an entire nation.  You know how I see this, we aren't going to agree and neither of us is going to be able to persuade the other he is right.  May I suggest we leave it at that?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: wicked on February 09, 2010, 02:47:41 AM
These guys coming back from Iraq are getting almost squat in mental health services, especially the ones who were there during the really bad days. The VA is overwhelmed, and Bush didn't boost its budget to deal with a large influx of combat vets. How are things in the U.K. for returning vets? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :o

QuoteSgt Tabor is a helicopter repairer who served in Iraq from 2007-08.

Yelm police chief Todd Stancil said Sgt Tabor was arrested on 31 January.

Officers were called after Sgt Tabor was seen walking around his neighbourhood holding a Kevlar helmet and threatening to break windows, the police chief added.

Hallmark of post-traumatic stress or a traumatic brain injury. Hope this guy gets the help he needs.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.