NFL Division 3 Thread

Started by SLIGONIAN, February 01, 2010, 06:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattockranger

From radio reports big crowd in Casement tonight!

Antrim team

1-McGreevy
2-Healy
3-douglas
4-O'Boyle
5-Scullion
6-Crozier
7-S kelly
8-McCann
9-Herron
10-Terry O'Neill
11-K niblock
12-j Loughrey
13-p Cunningham
14-G O'boyle
15-TMcCann

louth have named Pk and ray finnegan but not 100% they're starting

game not started yet wee delay
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

mattockranger

1wide antrim

1point M McCann

louth wide

mattockranger

1-7 to 1 to Antrim.....

we're pathetic!

mattockranger

Bad to worse

2-7 to 1-0

all over the shop!

2-8 to a goal

yellowcard

1 Aontroim 6 5 1 0 97 71 10
2 An Cabhán 6 3 3 0 97 88 6
3 Loch Garman 5 3 2 0 68 64 6
4 An Lú 6 3 3 0 83 80 6
5 Sligeach 5 3 2 0 69 72 6
6 Uibh Fhaili 6 3 3 0 89 92 6
7 Fear Manach 5 1 4 0 52 72 2
8 Ros Comáin 5 1 4 0 70 86 2

Promoted: Antrim + 1 other

Relegated: Fermanagh and Roscommon must win both remaining fixtures to have any chance of staying up. 

FermGael

Well from a Fermanagh point of view it's do or die tomorrow.
2 wins from 2 is what is needed to have any chance of staying up
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Gold

Glory days for us at present --great win tonight!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

FermPundit

It's not looking for us. We need to hammer Sligo tomorrow and then have to go to Cavan and win, but as they showed tonight they're very strong at home. Our chances of staying up look remote as it goes down to scoring difference if there are more than two teams on 6 points.

I still hope we put in decent performances in our last two games to gain some confidence for the championship.

Quote from: FermGael on March 27, 2010, 09:42:46 PM
Well from a Fermanagh point of view it's do or die tomorrow.
2 wins from 2 is what is needed to have any chance of staying up

Unfortunately it doesn't look like two wins will be enough
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Rossfan

I'm afraid the likelihood is it's us and Fermanagh  :'( :-\ :(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mylestheslasher

If fermanagh and Ros were to win their home games tomorrow it would unbelievably leave Cavan in 2nd place on score difference with a home game to Fermanagh remaining. Saying that, we would probably get bet by Fermanagh if it came down to that

anglocelt39

delighted with tonights result. was listening to it on northern all light no sound up to half time and it seemed like the same old story. fast start reined in so i headed to the hurling territory boozer. if we were to win next weekend against fermanagh and stay where we are i wouldn't be too unhappy. we have finally pensioned off forde, dermot, jason, larry and tonight were without sheridan, galligan, givney and johnston. as much as we can expect.

myles, at one level those results tomorrow would be great but do you think there is some small chance our under 21's could get distracted. i can't look beyond the chance of giving the mushroom pickers a one point seeing to come wednesday.

happy and cant be bothered to be upper case based.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

BallyhaiseMan

do we hope for that though? AC
Remember its not scoring difference now,which those fuckin arseholes in the GAA ruling body have discarded with  >:(,but head to head that these things are now decided on. As we would have been fine after tonights win under the previous rules,barring something unlikely from Fermanagh over the last two weeks. Now Fermanagh winning tommorow and beating us in the last league game could potentially relegate us???
???
I dont know what to hope for.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: anglocelt39 on March 27, 2010, 10:31:29 PM
delighted with tonights result. was listening to it on northern all light no sound up to half time and it seemed like the same old story. fast start reined in so i headed to the hurling territory boozer. if we were to win next weekend against fermanagh and stay where we are i wouldn't be too unhappy. we have finally pensioned off forde, dermot, jason, larry and tonight were without sheridan, galligan, givney and johnston. as much as we can expect.

myles, at one level those results tomorrow would be great but do you think there is some small chance our under 21's could get distracted. i can't look beyond the chance of giving the mushroom pickers a one point seeing to come wednesday.

happy and cant be bothered to be upper case based.

I doubt it. There is only Givney involved in both camps isn't there and he played no part tonight. Hyland seems to be doing a good job with U21's so you'd have to hope he'll keep the lads motivated and sure you don't need much of that when your up against Monaghan. Hope to make that match, working on sign off from the missus as we speak :D

imtommygunn

Wexford and Sligo win. Antrim not home and dry just yet.

Who do Sligo play in the last game? Probably be hoping for an antrim win.

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: hardstation on March 28, 2010, 04:21:49 PM
Hold on, we are officially promoted!

Wexford and Sligo are the only teams who can draw level with us on points.
We beat Sligo, so, on the 'head to head' rule we stay ahead of them.

Is that right?

Not if three teams finish on the same points. In that case its score difference.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100