Mr & Mrs Robinson

Started by Orior, January 06, 2010, 09:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Jesus but the Irish News were badly stuck for a headline today !

thewanderer

Quote from: orangeman on January 13, 2010, 10:53:04 AM
Jesus but the Irish News were badly stuck for a headline today !
And even worse that prat Kenny Archer still raving about Liverpool and Man Utds fiances with players getting 2-10 million pa. Lets get real sports news that we all care about and not some silly article by an over hyped Liverpool fanatic filling up spaces.

StGallsGAA

QuoteAnd even worse that prat Kenny Archer still raving about Liverpool and Man Utds fiances with players getting 2-10 million pa. Lets get real sports news that we all care about and not some silly article by an over hyped Liverpool fanatic filling up spaces.

Even worse did you read his contribution to key sporting moments of 2009?  To paraphrase: "Torres taking Vidic and putting in his back pocket, not once, but twice"

Jeez wept, it's like a comment you might expect to hear from the barman in East Belfast Liverpool Supporters Club.   If those are your key sporting moments Kenny then you don't get out much as a sports writer.   We'll not even comment on your GAA writings....

norabeag

Quote from: StGallsGAA on January 13, 2010, 12:24:17 PM
QuoteAnd even worse that prat Kenny Archer still raving about Liverpool and Man Utds fiances with players getting 2-10 million pa. Lets get real sports news that we all care about and not some silly article by an over hyped Liverpool fanatic filling up spaces.

Even worse did you read his contribution to key sporting moments of 2009?  To paraphrase: "Torres taking Vidic and putting in his back pocket, not once, but twice"

Jeez wept, it's like a comment you might expect to hear from the barman in East Belfast Liverpool Supporters Club.   If those are your key sporting moments Kenny then you don't get out much as a sports writer.   We'll not even comment on your GAA writings....
You don't have to go to E Belfast. Just go to the Liverpool thread or even UTD thread and read some of the crap written when people do their " analysis"
Thaty said Kenny is up there with the legendary Matt Fitzpatrick in journalistic circles

orangeman

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8456673.stm

This hilarious !!!

Ian Og isn't normally stuck for words.

What does yer man Poots look like ?

ziggysego

Quote from: orangeman on January 13, 2010, 01:01:37 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8456673.stm

This hilarious !!!

Ian Og isn't normally stuck for words.

What does yer man Poots look like ?

Quote from: ziggysego on January 12, 2010, 06:33:32 PM
Ian Og was some craic on the BBC there buying a new coat  :D

I was in stitches last night watching it  :D
Testing Accessibility

trileacman

Quote from: Zapatista on January 13, 2010, 08:41:59 AM
Quote from: trileacman on January 12, 2010, 11:11:39 PM

What makes you think that Irish aren't disinterested either?
The South don't want us. Our different economies, health services and tax system make both of us incompatible and unification could never be achieved as quickly as you believe under such circumstances.

More and more I believe something radical will have to happen for unification to occur. Most likely the complete collapse of the Union or a major shift in European Union orientation. Both unlikely.

It's this type of BS that gets my goat. Tough shit if some in the south don't want us, who the f**k do they think they are? THe people of the north are not orphans who noone wants/ WE are a people well able to make decisions ourselves and if we decide to unite the country it won't be on terms dished out from Dublin but terms agreed between us. If Cowen has a problem with that then we will address it but he and the rest of them can f**k off if they think we're going to beg them to take us under their wings. In the case of a UI the people of the six counties will be equal partners in the terms before and in post UI. It will be an equal burden on the six counties aswell as the 26 to make it work.
You're kinda agreeing with me here. I was just saying that leaving the Union isn't the only problem here. I should maybe have said "A large proportion of the South don't want us". I was replying to Fearon's point that in joint authority the Brits would just slip away. My reply was that it's not as simple as that.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Quoteespecially the person who said my wife was a homophobic slut who needed a good slapping around,

Fcuk sake Tony.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

passedit

Peter Robinson no, Johnny Adair yes

Don't Panic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: passedit on January 13, 2010, 02:05:56 PM
Peter Robinson no, Johnny Adair yes

Ah jeez no, another one who's looking to hump young men.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

orangeman

Iris Robinson, wife of DUP leader Peter Robinson, has formally resigned as an MP, the Treasury has announced.

The former Strangford MP has been at the centre of a cash procurement controversy.

Mrs Robinson has applied for the Chiltern Hundreds, the system used by MPs who wish to resign.

She is also expected to leave her posts as an assembly member for Strangford and as a councillor for Castlereagh in the near future.

Evil Genius

Quote from: orangeman on January 13, 2010, 06:19:30 PM
Iris Robinson, wife of DUP leader Peter Robinson, has formally resigned as an MP, the Treasury has announced.

The former Strangford MP has been at the centre of a cash procurement controversy.

Mrs Robinson has applied for the Chiltern Hundreds, the system used by MPs who wish to resign.

She is also expected to leave her posts as an assembly member for Strangford and as a councillor for Castlereagh in the near future.
There was speculation at the time of her "depression" announcement in December, that by merely announcing her intention not to seek re-election next time around, this would mean she still qualified for the (typically generous) pension for retiring MP's.

However, if by stepping down early, it means she no longer qualifies (as I think it may?), then Peter surely is sticking the boot in on her.

If ever a couple where made for each other, it's those two... ::)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 13, 2010, 06:34:38 PM
Quote from: orangeman on January 13, 2010, 06:19:30 PM

There was speculation at the time of her "depression" announcement in December, that by merely announcing her intention not to seek re-election next time around, this would mean she still qualified for the (typically generous) pension for retiring MP's.

However, if by stepping down early, it means she no longer qualifies (as I think it may?), then Peter surely is sticking the boot in on her.

If ever a couple where made for each other, it's those two... ::)

Not the first time either ;)

red hander

'Chiltern Hundreds'

Chiltern Hundreds and Thousands probably more appropriate for the money-loving Iris