Parkers
Kennedys
Robinsons
House of Trousers
Freemans
Scullys

Medic

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 17, 2008, 11:34:15 PM
I thought I saw everything but this takes the biscuit. To have a neighbours thread is one thing but to have 42 pages and counting is another. :o.  Im speechless. :-X

oh really?? lol 42 pages is nothing, really. if you frequent the neighboursfans.com forum, esepecially the characters forum, the karl and susan thread alone has over 4300 pages.

as some would say.....

"Neighbours is not just a soap opera. Neighbours is a way of life"

or

"I use neighbours as my moral compass in this confusing world"

:D  :D
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

SLIGONIAN

Im not going to wind yee up, if yee enjoy it then keep watching. :-X. Im way out of my depth on this thread. Im saying nothing or maybe just dont take it too serious :-X Im outta here  :o :o :o :o.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: ziggysego on April 17, 2008, 11:16:12 PM
I think Paul was one of the thugs in Croke Park in 2006. Still, McDonnell threw him a dummy and scored a classic goal.

I hadnt heard that ziggy, disappointing to say the the least. He certainly didnt learn that nonsense from his time with the Dingoes, must have come after he stepped up the big time.

ziggysego

Afraid so. He was that bad, Brennan asked him to be left off the Australian panels when the series is revived next year.
Testing Accessibility

Surreal Steve

JimStynes

I see those BBC bastards have released a new series, Out of the Blue its called and its on at 2.15. Its set in an australia beach resort. Some women in it but its a poor man's Home and Away. This is a sly move by all accounts from BBC in my opinion. Neigbhours is barely off BBC screens and they have brought some other show in without batting an eyelid. If we didnt know it already then this proves it that we are much better off with channel 5.

hitzelsperger

seen that jim, complete joke but anything that is roughly based around h&*e and a£$y is going to be pure dung...the sad fact is if there is eye candy in it then no doubt it'll pull the viewers in

JimStynes

It certainly has a good bit of eye candy. Neighbours is catching up in that area though and could hold its own with any show in the women stakes. Plus neighbours has the likes of Dr Karl, Susan, Toadie, etc. No other show is going to be able to compete with that.

JimStynes

Good enough episode today.

Rachel is getting better looking by the day. She was a wee bitch to Susan today though - im sure susan is devasted at the way Rachel was running her mouth.

Young Ben is growing up to be a wee gentleman just like his aul fella. Offered to run a nice cool bath for his granny.

Good to hear the Dingos are back at the pre season training, ther going to go at it 2 nights a week at the minute. Probably a friendly on the Saturday/Sunday aswell. Frazer is going to strip out for them this year aswell. Does anyone think Oliver looks a bit like Ryan O'Keefe from the Syndey Swans. I would say Ned could handle himself on the football field. Play him on the edge of the sqaure and just lump the ball into him, if he doesnt catch it he'l break it down for the small men.

Also Libby mentioned Dee Bliss R.I.P today, still brings tears to my eyes - what a women.

Anyone think young Zeke is starting to fill out. He could maybe get a few games for the Dingos at the end of the season in the forward pocket (afl's corner forward position). Does anyone remember the absolute ripper mark that Doctor Karl caught one day for the dingos and then went on to kick the winning goal. Id love to get a look at that mark again if anyone knows where to get the footage of it.

Rav67

Was very disappointed in Rachel today, Susan did not deserve that.  I had been wondering when the fact Libby shagged Taj when he was her student was gonna be brought up again, thought the writers were just sweeping it under the carpet.

I see Fitzy is becoming a permanent character as he's in the entrance scene, I guess he'll be Libby's love interest if she's staying in Ramsay St long-term, he seems like the sort of good solid "bloke" Libby needs right now.  Does anyone else hate that twat Marco?  He's supposed to be a real dreamboat pretty-boy, sensistive and never has a bad word to say about anything, yet he's also some sort of alpha-male when it comes to manual work and always stays late on that farm.  Does anyone actually know any man remotely like this?

T O Hare

Ben will turn into another Drew (God rest his soul  :'(), a lot of new bllod in the show, fitzy seems dead on and a good guy, i expect him to be oneof dingoes best players this season, Frazer will need to get into a bit of shape but with a ew games under his belt he will become pivotal... f**k i hate Marco, there is something sneaky about him, Good old Harold sorted zeke out with some ice-cream, the general store is doing some trade this weather, good to see it!! Grease monkeys must be doing nothing at all  :) :L :L
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

ziggysego

God I'm raging at that wee Rachel. The way she spoke to her friends and especially to Susan. Totally unforgiveable. Susan is within her rights to kick her out of the house. The wee bitch. If she was my daughter, I'd soon put her over my knee and take the belt to her!!

I must take back what I've said about Zeke though. I see that the good influence of Dr. Karl is beginning to take affect and his is growing up to be a fine young man. A good head on his shoulders.

As for Ben, yes, it is good to see the spirit of Drew (RIP) live on in him. He is a very curtius young lad and the way he wants to protect his Grandmother from MSy.. well my heart just broke.
Testing Accessibility

JimStynes

I was also thinking about Grease monkeys - its been doing f**k all for years now. surely its closed down.

Was thinking earlier about a 2008 Neighbours Gaelic all star team and also Neighbours 'Dream Team'.  All star team has to be made up of current characters and Dream Team can be picked from any era. I'll get it going but am going to need a hand with this one, some very hard decisions to make. Feel free to change it about.

Management team:- Lou and Harold - They have not got the legs for this team anymore but with the years of experience they have around the street they must surely be given the chance to run the team.

Paul Robinson - with the bad leg he wont be able to start. Dont know what to do with him, he cant really manage the team because he wouldnt get the respect of the players. But then again Lou & Harold are 2 gentlemen and might let to many boys run about and do there own thing.?????

1. Toadie - Not the most mobile but f**k he would have some kick out on him. Hitting the half forwards and midfield with every kick.
2. Riley - Honest defender. Would do what hes told and no more. Just like any good corner back should.
3. Constable Steiger - No nonsense full back. Dont get in this mans road.
4. Marco - Sneaky sly wee bastard but would be a tight marker. The Ryan McMenamin of the team
6. Oliver Barnes - He strong and fit. Just a question mark over his size. May need to go out to the wing. But he would put his head where others wouldnt put there feet.
7. Declan - Young but strong. I think hes ready to play half back. Up and down the field all day, a half forwards nightmare. No reason why he cant get the odd score aswell.
8. Dan Fitzgerald aka Fitzy - Will have to do all the running in midfield but should be no problem to him. I would expect at least 2 points every match from this man.
9. Steve Parker - Fitness could be this mans problem and he might have to switch with Ned every now and again. But he'll catch the ball and give it off or send it in himself to Ned. Thats his job done. Just play in between the 2 50's.
10. Frazer - Gives us a bit of height for Toadie to aim his kick outs. Also looks fit enough to get up and down the park and also big enough to mix it up around the breaking balls.
11. Doctor Karl Kennedy (Captain) - The maestro. Might not have the legs anymore but he would win breaking ball all day and would spray passes all over the park. He would hit the frees and fifty's. Everything would come through this man.
12. Ringo - Another young fella but with his fitness he could play a Dooher sort of role. Up and down the park all day, winning breaking ball and also coming off Ned's shoulder to get the odd score aswell.
14. Ned Parker (Vice Captain) - He would be some full forward. The Kieran Donaghy of the team. Might have to come out to the middle of the field the odd time.
15. Zeke - If he stays close to Ned and feeds of the breaks then he'l do a job. If your good enough your old enough.

We have a half back and corner forward spot to fill. Any ideas. Dont think we can count Boyd as he's moved to Tasmania or somewhere.

Now for the Dream Team:- I am actually leaning towards the same management team of Lou and Harold.
1. Toadie - Picked for his kickout
2. Paul Robinson - In his prime he would have been a tight marking corner back.
3. Jim Robinson - The rock at the back
4. Dylan Timmons - Worried about the amount of frees he would give away close to goal.
5. Boyd Hoyland - Fit and strong. Them wieghts that he was doing will stand to him now.
6. Joe Mangel - Can read the game better than anyone.
7. Darcy Tyler - Dirty bastard and a bit of nut case but will win breaking ball all day.
8. Drew Kirk R.I.P (Vice Captain) - The legend. Not a dirty player but hard on the ball. Complete tank.
9. Doctor Karl Kennedy (Captain) - Nothing needs to be said about this man. One of the top players in Erinsborough history.
10. Scott Robinson - Another legend of the street in his day. Hard working half forward
11. Paul McClain - What a talent to have at your disposal. The best player from Erinsborough ever. Free taker, penalty taker, etc
12. Conor O'Neill - The irish man would need to be getting a few scores. Not the most mobile but can judge the break of the ball better than the aussies. Vital for winning ball and getting it into the full forward line.
13. Mal Kennedy - If hes half as good as the aul fella he will be doing alrite. Plenty of scores from this man
14. Ned Parker - Great target man. Can win the ball over his head or coming in low to him. Doesnt matter just put it in to him.
15. Stu Parker - Stu should get plenty of scores with the brothers help. Deadly finisher.

Subs:
Billy Kennedy
Joe Scully
Jack Scully
Stingray - unlucky not to get a start
Max Hoyland
Stonefish
Doug Willis
Declan
Zeke
Steve Parker
Constable Steiger - Will be needed at some stage in a game
Riley
Lance - Wouldnt have him anywhere near the team. wouldnt go for a 50/50 all day.

Bouncer - Team mascot

The dream teams midfield is unreal and plenty of scores coming from that full forward line. Defense could give away frees and maybe a few sendings off a season – Darcy and Dylan in particular will need to be closely watched.
What a squad. Feel free to make changes to both teams.

JimStynes

Quote from: ziggysego on April 30, 2008, 09:15:54 PM
God I'm raging at that wee Rachel. The way she spoke to her friends and especially to Susan. Totally unforgiveable. Susan is within her rights to kick her out of the house. The wee bitch. If she was my daughter, I'd soon put her over my knee and take the belt to her!!

I must take back what I've said about Zeke though. I see that the good influence of Dr. Karl is beginning to take affect and his is growing up to be a fine young man. A good head on his shoulders.

As for Ben, yes, it is good to see the spirit of Drew (RIP) live on in him. He is a very curtius young lad and the way he wants to protect his Grandmother from MSy.. well my heart just broke.

I'll do it for you if you want

JimStynes

Just to clarify Rachel is now legal so such statements can now be made  ;D