Armagh V Kildare

Started by Travis T O Justice, January 29, 2007, 10:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Currently has a slight knock.
He will be about for this season although remains to see in what capacity

Dinny Breen

The bold Dermot Earley has been announced as Kildare Captain for the season and will make his debut as Captain against Armagh this Sunday.

Is throw in time 2:00 or 2:30 pm?
#newbridgeornowhere

An Lark

Kildare team picked...

1. Enda Murphy
2. Eamonn Callaghan
3. David Lyons
4. Andriu McLochlainn
5. Mark Scanlon
6. Mark Hogarty
7. Anthony Rainbow
8. Killian Brennan
9. Dermot Earley
10. Derek McCormack
11. John Doyle
12. Ken Donnelly
13. Padraig O'Neill
14. Tomas O'Connor
15. Murt Donnelly

Dinny Breen

Jesus that's a big side, you'd think Anthony would just retire. Still would be pretty condifent about Sunday...
#newbridgeornowhere

An Lark

Dinny,

There is a rule about following Kildare...never be confident.

And in the unlikely event that you are confident...never say you are.

So where is Scanlon from? Are the Donnelly's the Ellistown ones?

Good to see Earley as captain. Class act.

I woudln't be too sure about Hogarty at centre back.

Dinny Breen

I'm confident because Armagh won't be at their strongest, it will be a heavy pitch so a big side will help and we generally have a good home record in the league but I know I shouldn't express those feelings but a man can be an optimist...

QuoteSo where is Scanlon from? Are the Donnelly's the Ellistown ones?
Scan is from Round Towers  ;D He's younger brother is a bit special although a bit mad. The Donnelly's are indeed the Ellistown ones Ken is worth a shot not sure about Murt.

Not sure about Hogarty either, but Foley will be back but personally would love to see Ross Glavin get a run
#newbridgeornowhere

Donagh

From the BBC

-----------------------

Four make NFL debuts for Armagh

Armagh's boy Kevin Dyas

Armagh manager Joe Kernan has kept his promise to blood fresh talent by giving four players National League debuts away to Kildare on Sunday.

Dromintee's Kevin Dyas, Granemore pair Kieran Toner and Tony McClelland plus Paudie McCreesh of Cullyhanna are in the starting line-up.

Kernan is without seven Crossmaglen players because of their involvement in the All-Ireland club championship.

Another six established team members have still to returm from injury.

Nineteen-year-old forward Dyas is rated an outstanding prospect in the Orchard County.

He scored two goals for his school, Abbey CBS, when they won the Hogan Cup in 2006.

Armagh: C McKinney, A Mallon, Kieran Toner, E McNulty, P McCreesh, C McKeever, T McClelland, G Swift, C Vernon, P Toal, J Lavery, Martin O'Riourke, S McDonnell, M Mackin, K Dyas.

---------------
--------------

A very inexperienced Armagh team. Can't say I know much about the new boys bar Swift and Vernon.

So how do we get to this Newbridge ground coming from the north?

Dinny Breen

QuoteSo how do we get to this Newbridge ground coming from the north?

M1, M50, M7 - take the Newbridge Exit, first one after Naas exit (Big Ball). Pitch is right bang in the middle of the town on the left as you head up the town. No pay-parking on a Sunday so park the car anywhere although closer to the bridge should ensure a quick exit...
#newbridgeornowhere

Donagh

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 01, 2007, 02:29:01 PM

QuoteSo how do we get to this Newbridge ground coming from the north?

M1, M50, M7 - take the Newbridge Exit, first one after Naas exit (Big Ball). Pitch is right bang in the middle of the town on the left as you head up the town. No pay-parking on a Sunday so park the car anywhere although closer to the bridge should ensure a quick exit...

Cheers Dinny!

bennydorano

It will be very interesting to see what happens, the youngsters certainly showed plenty of stomach for the fight in the mckenna cup, but this will be a step up in class and effort.  Great to see 3 Harps men on a county team again, Nippy and Vernon are certainly up against it in MF with Early in there.  Hopefully Peadar will take some of the burden of McDonnell's shoulders in the scoring stakes. 

Kildare at 5/4 looks a bit of a stick up with that Armagh team, but I suppose you never know, could the beginning of something wonderful.

Are Kildare near enough full strength?

Smokin Joe

Quote from: bennydorano on February 01, 2007, 03:16:23 PM

Kildare at 5/4 looks a bit of a stick up with that Armagh team, but I suppose you never know, could the beginning of something wonderful.

Are Kildare near enough full strength?

Benny, in that case you'd have to agree that the 15/8 with Powers represents a small bit of value ;)

Armagh4SamAgain

heres the team for the Kildare match. Few new faces. I only saw the game on TG4 last week but Id still be cobnfident of a good win. Kildare arnt the force they were a couple of years ago. Any body travelling down to the game??armagh

Ciaran McKinny
Andy Mallon, K toner E Mc Nulty
P McCreesh,  C McKeever, Tony McClelland

Garteh Swift  C Vernon

P Tole  J Lavery  Marty O'Rourke
Stevie McDonnell  M Mackin  Keven Dias
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Armagh4SamAgain

Sorry Admin I didn't see this tread  ???
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Candyman

Quote from: Armagh4SamAgain on February 02, 2007, 01:25:47 PM
heres the team for the Kildare match. Few new faces. I only saw the game on TG4 last week but Id still be cobnfident of a good win. Kildare arnt the force they were a couple of years ago. Any body travelling down to the game??armagh

Ciaran McKinny
Andy Mallon, K toner E Mc Nulty
P McCreesh,  C McKeever, Tony McClelland

Garteh Swift  C Vernon

P Tole  J Lavery  Marty O'Rourke
Stevie McDonnell  M Mackin  Keven Dias

P Tole :D

ardal

It's good to have Armagh4samagain back again. I always value his intelligent insights and observations. I wonder if he still thinks that Tom Humpries should "take up writing for a living"? ;)