Depression in Sport

Started by Rav67, November 25, 2009, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rav67

I see there's an Inside Sport special tonight featuring Marcus Trescothick, Frank Bruno and OWC favourite Neil Lennon amongst others.. shoukd be interesting to hear all their experiences, particularly Lennon who suffered badly from this during his Celtic playing days.

haranguerer

Surprised at that - isnt it generally swept under the carpet - 'best fans in the world' after all...

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: Rav67 on November 25, 2009, 10:27:47 PM
I see there's an Inside Sport special tonight featuring Marcus Trescothick, Frank Bruno and OWC favourite Neil Lennon amongst others.. shoukd be interesting to hear all their experiences, particularly Lennon who suffered badly from this during his Celtic playing days.

No offence Mate, but I have followed Antrim hurlers all my life so don't start me about the big D in sport!

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Minder

Maybe it was the depression that drove Lennon to cheat on the mother of his children with some young 'un.   

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Archie Mitchell

11.45pm on BBC NI, after Season Ticket with Johnny Evans. Or you can watch it on any of the BBC regional stations on Sky at 10.45pm

stiffler

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 25, 2009, 10:32:54 PM
11.45pm on BBC NI, after Season Ticket with Johnny Evans. Or you can watch it on any of the BBC regional stations on Sky at 10.45pm

cheers archie, dont think i can watch that owc/utd/stephen watson pukefest!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: stiffler on November 25, 2009, 10:34:24 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 25, 2009, 10:32:54 PM

cheers archie, dont think i can watch that owc/utd/stephen watson pukefest!

It's Thomas Kane on tonight. Seen a preview of it and it was exactly as you described.

haranguerer

Quote from: Minder on November 25, 2009, 10:32:14 PM
Maybe it was the depression that drove Lennon to cheat on the mother of his children with some young 'un.

Are you the gaurdian of morality perchance?

Lady GAA GAA

Libel, reported. Neil Lennon is many things but he is not a paedophile. I suggest you remove that post ASAP.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Lady GAA GAA on November 25, 2009, 10:56:25 PM

Libel, reported. Neil Lennon is many things but he is not a paedophile. I suggest you remove that post ASAP.

I think a young 'un can be classed as someone over 17 as well... Like a 40 year old goes out with a young one of 21...

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: haranguerer on November 25, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Hes not, but its a despicable act and he has a right to give his opinion on it.

Minder

No but I am able to give my opinion on him.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

trileacman

Quote from: Lady GAA GAA on November 25, 2009, 10:56:25 PM

Whilst not taking anyone's side here, its obvious that he meant a younger one not a U-17 or whatever. Calm down.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

thebigfella

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on November 25, 2009, 11:06:41 PM

Hes not, but its a despicable act and he has a right to give his opinion on it.

Slight overreaction do you not think?