Guide Line to National League for "new" Dublin fans.

Started by Bulwinkle, February 01, 2007, 10:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulwinkle

NB - not meant for those genuine Dub`s who go to the league games on a normal basis ( and only a bit of fun ).

Unfortunately the league is not an open draw - therefore it cannot be arranged so you play Leitrim or London.

The term throw-up in gaelic football, indicates the start of the game, not something that is done after a kebab.  There is no kick-off in Gaelic Football.

The National League contains teams from outside Leinster.

The National League starts in February - it may be cold please wrap up warm.

Dublin`s home stadium is Parnell Park - you may need directions for future games.
    *Due to lack of interest the above will probably not be applicable.

When taking you Arnotts Jersey out of the closet, please ensure that all moths are accounted for - they could cause havoc with the floodlights.

Dublin also play Cork, Donegal, Mayo,Kerry,Fermanagh and Limerick - some of these games are not in Dublin - they are called AWAY games.  Please consult a map ( you will need one that shows outside of Dublin). Unfortunately Wexford are in a different league to you will not be able to stay in your holiday home.

Please do not be late - we can only keep those lights going for a certain period of time.

As it it cold your Bulmers will not require ice.

Canalman

liihb

Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

Bulwinkle

Quote from: Canalman on February 01, 2007, 11:32:18 PM
Yet another one..Yawn!!!!!!

O`Byrne Cup final 06 Westmeath - Meath - 14,000 fans

O`Byrne Cup final 07 - Dublin - Laois - 4,500

Read the facts

tayto

Is this the hogan stand?

All those figures prove is how starved of success meath are recently, also they're two great rivals, if it had of been dublin v meath there'd have been a bigger crowd.

i'm sure your county brings it's full contingant of championship fans to whatever pre-season competition your involved in. I'll be going with a few bandwagoners-summertime fans tomorrow night, i hope that's okay with you?

Bulwinkle

Quote from: tayto on February 02, 2007, 08:30:59 AM
Is this the hogan stand?

All those figures prove is how starved of success meath are recently, also they're two great rivals, if it had of been dublin v meath there'd have been a bigger crowd.

i'm sure your county brings it's full contingant of championship fans to whatever pre-season competition your involved in. I'll be going with a few bandwagoners-summertime fans tomorrow night, i hope that's okay with you?

:-)

Thought the new rivals were Laois and Dublin.

Again, if you are a proper Dub fan who was there last week and will be at future league games, fair play to you.  Those fans are great fans, the rest..well they belong in a cupboard holding jackets and shirts.

An Laoch

If it wasnt for the Dubs fair weather fans there would be very little financial viability in having an 82,000 seater stadium - who else can guarantee filling it 3 or more times a year?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Bulwinkle on February 01, 2007, 10:38:58 PM
NB - not meant for those genuine Dub`s who go to the league games on a normal basis ( and only a bit of fun ).

Unfortunately the league is not an open draw - therefore it cannot be arranged so you play Leitrim or London.

The term throw-up in gaelic football, indicates the start of the game, not something that is done after a kebab.  There is no kick-off in Gaelic Football.

The National League contains teams from outside Leinster.

The National League starts in February - it may be cold please wrap up warm.

Dublin`s home stadium is Parnell Park - you may need directions for future games.
    *Due to lack of interest the above will probably not be applicable.

When taking you Arnotts Jersey out of the closet, please ensure that all moths are accounted for - they could cause havoc with the floodlights.

Dublin also play Cork, Donegal, Mayo,Kerry,Fermanagh and Limerick - some of these games are not in Dublin - they are called AWAY games.  Please consult a map ( you will need one that shows outside of Dublin). Unfortunately Wexford are in a different league to you will not be able to stay in your holiday home.

Please do not be late - we can only keep those lights going for a certain period of time.

As it it cold your Bulmers will not require ice.

;D ;D ;D ;D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

armaghniac

The big advantage of the GAA is that it can offer attendance at top games and it is good to see so many taking an interest. There should be a good atmosphere tonight. However I expect that Tyrone will be loudly booed when they take to the field, something that won't happen when the rugby takes place next week. While not a great admirer of Tyrone, I think the rugby approach is better.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Bulwinkle

Booing at the freekicks tonight was a disgrace. Leave this type of thing to english scum.

dublinfella

Quote from: Bulwinkle on February 04, 2007, 01:42:49 AM
Booing at the freekicks tonight was a disgrace. Leave this type of thing to english scum.

when was the last time the 'english' booed a free kick at a GAA game?

dublinfella

Quote from: Bulwinkle on February 04, 2007, 06:46:09 PM
Jasus, that`s a great defense.

you you talking through your swiss?

booing at free kicks is not unique to any county, and why the constant benchmarking of the GAA to soccer, and english soccer.

you didnt even make a good analagy to have a pathetic dig at the Dubs.

Canalman

Bulwinkle.......Just a windup merchant, just leave him be lads.His ma will drag him away from the keyboard shortly.

pintsofguinness

Dublinfella does some sort of an alarm go of on your computer when some criticism of soccer is mentioned on this board?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?