2. Peter the Great
3. Sean Cavanagh
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

give her dixie

1. Iggy Jones

2. Frank Mc Guigan

3. Peter Canavan.

No argument, case closed
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

moysider

Seriously though. As a neutral.

Last 35 years.

Canavan.
McGuigan The Elder.
McKenna.

Cavanagh and Dooher next.

redhugh

Mine would be the same as Dixie there, but I'd argue for the inclusion of the great Frankie Donnelly from Carmen,too hard to pick just 3.I'm surprised there has been no mention of him.

Stagmeister

Over last two decades my top 3 would be:

1. Canavan
2. Cavanagh
3. Dooher

Dont see how some people could include current players like Brian McGuigan or Stephen O'Neill on their list while leaving out Sean Cavanagh

nrico2006

QuoteDont see how some people could include current players like Brian McGuigan or Stephen O'Neill on their list while leaving out Sean Cavanagh

Why?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

sammymaguire

give it to the 3 players with most all-stars, right move on  ;D
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

cornafean

Peter Canavan
Philip Jordan
Sean Cavanagh
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

ONeill

For me, from 80-09

1. Peter Canavan
2. Sean Cavanagh
3. Philip Jordan

The lads from the 80s were good but none on a par with the above. The 90s were crappy enough although a few decent defenders worth a mention. Frank McGuigan '84 had one majestic game.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

A Quinn Martin Production

1.  Frank McGuigan
2.  Peter Canavan
3.  Joint...Eugene McKenna/Enda McGinley (seriously, as good an all round footballer as I've seen)
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

tyrone86

In no particular order:

Canavan
O'Neill
Cavanagh

May be skewed towards the more recent times, but all 3 won 'footballer of the year' and there aren't that many of them about Tyrone.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Stagmeister on October 29, 2009, 01:11:03 AM
Dont see how some people could include current players like Brian McGuigan or Stephen O'Neill on their list while leaving out Sean Cavanagh

Cavanagh is a great footballer but you could certainly make a strong case for putting either of the other two lads on this list ahead of him. Brian McGuigan's importance to Tyrone these past few years has been huge, a fantasic playmaker who linked the whole thing together. The fact he never got that All-Star in 2005 was bizarre, there would have been no All-Ireland (IMO) had he not come back from Australia that summer. The loss of McGuigan in 2006 and 2007 was massive to Tyrone. It was a measure of the man's class that even after missing two years with the double leg break and with his vision reduced due to the eye injury that he was able to come on for the closing 20 minutes of the 2008 final and have a great influence on the match. Superb footballer and for me the best in his position in the country this past decade.

Ill leave the SON bit to somebody else ;).