How Donal Óg cheated against Tipp in 2005!

Started by Premier Emperor, October 23, 2009, 11:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bottlethrower7

the difference with Cork is that they didn't just try and sneak in a dry ball or a new ball, but a Cummins ball that was below regulation size. It was the ball they trained with (which incidently is a beautiful sliotar - you get a very true strike of one of those) and I think they felt thus, they had an advantage over the opposition who may have trained with a slightly bigger, and definitely slower (in almost every case I can think of except maybe Nuri which are pure shite to begin with) sliotar.

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on October 28, 2009, 03:23:27 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on October 28, 2009, 03:21:18 PM
The Rock I believe - rememerb him switching sliotars when taklng a peno against limerick.

He put it down his pants that day and got the balls bate aff him on the way up to the penalty spot.  ;) :D

He what??

theskull1

Quote from: Reillers on October 28, 2009, 03:47:08 PM
Quote from: orangeman on October 28, 2009, 03:36:40 PM
Quote from: Reillers on October 28, 2009, 03:31:50 PM
The Rock I believe - rememerb him switching sliotars when taklng a peno against limerick.

He put it down his pants that day and got the balls bate aff him on the way up to the penalty spot.  ;) :D

Ended up scoring the penalty if I remember rightly.

It's amazing how it all comes flooding back for some.

Fantastic player alright. Check the posts for confirmation. His da is a bit of a bollox all the same.  ;) :D

:D :D Seriously though, he was great at taking penalties. He'd some massive hit on him, no one would stand in goal when he wanted to practise them in training if I remember rightly.  :D :D

I'd say that was just a handy excuse peddled by alot of closeted homophobes  ;)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

orangeman

Quote from: heffo on October 28, 2009, 03:50:03 PM

He what??

Yep - you read it. He did indeed !  ;)

Reillers

He what??

Your knowledge of the game is highlighted more and more by every post..

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on October 28, 2009, 04:01:47 PM

He what??

Is this what Reillers was alluding to when he mentioned other players cheating and that it wasn't confined to Donal og?

He also mentioned Babs taking a dry ball from 40 or 50 years ago - these Cork fellas have long memories.

Reillers

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on October 28, 2009, 03:49:23 PM
the difference with Cork is that they didn't just try and sneak in a dry ball or a new ball, but a Cummins ball that was below regulation size. It was the ball they trained with (which incidently is a beautiful sliotar - you get a very true strike of one of those) and I think they felt thus, they had an advantage over the opposition who may have trained with a slightly bigger, and definitely slower (in almost every case I can think of except maybe Nuri which are pure shite to begin with) sliotar.

There was nothing wrong with the size of the sliotar that was used.
The only difference with the ball is that it was a slight dud, but clearly there wasn't that much wrong with it, when you consider that Cork went straight up the pitch and scored a point with it.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on October 28, 2009, 04:13:44 PM

The only difference with the ball is that it was a slight dud, but clearly there wasn't that much wrong with it, when you consider that Cork went straight up the pitch and scored a point with it.

Hadn't Cork been training with this type of ball and they were comfortable using a 'dud' and the opposition weren't comfortable using a dud - could it be called hurling that they were playing given a 'dud' was used instead of a sliothar?

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on October 28, 2009, 04:11:01 PM

He what??

Is this what Reillers was alluding to when he mentioned other players cheating and that it wasn't confined to Donal og?

He also mentioned Babs taking a dry ball from 40 or 50 years ago - these Cork fellas have long memories.

Again (at this rate I'm going to have to explain what a penalty is to ya..) it wasn't against the rules because the rules weren't clear. But I didn't alude to anything. Out of them all the incident where Sully went all the way up the pitch with the sliotar in his shorts is one of the best known. There is rarely a hurling man out there who doesn't know about it.

Well I guess I presumed wrong.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on October 28, 2009, 04:16:11 PM

Hadn't Cork been training with this type of ball and they were comfortable using a 'dud' and the opposition weren't comfortable using a dud - could it be called hurling that they were playing given a 'dud' was used instead of a sliothar?

What are you on about. The ball was for the penalty. Nothing else, Christ all mighty maybe I'll actually have to explain to ya what a penalty is, and why a softer ball would be more of a help to a keeper.

bottlethrower7

Quote from: Reillers on October 28, 2009, 04:17:01 PM
it wasn't against the rules because the rules weren't clear.

this is true. It was because of Cork's doing it (or moreso the media making a big fuss about it) that the GAA felt compelled to tighten up the rules in this regard.

Was cummins included in the list of 'approved' sliotars?

Reillers

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on October 28, 2009, 04:19:43 PM
it wasn't against the rules because the rules weren't clear.

this is true. It was because of Cork's doing it (or moreso the media making a big fuss about it) that the GAA felt compelled to tighten up the rules in this regard.

Was cummins included in the list of 'approved' sliotars?

If I remember right it was after a game aganist Tipp where Babs went off his head at an umpire that the GAA locked down on the rules.

No it was after the Limerick game, that they clamped down on the rules. Isn't it just O Neill's now that they use.
But it has to be the ones supplied for the game. No team can bring their own, if I remember rightly.

heffo

He what??

Again (at this rate I'm going to have to explain what a penalty is to ya..) it wasn't against the rules because the rules weren't clear. But I didn't alude to anything. Out of them all the incident where Sully went all the way up the pitch with the sliotar in his shorts is one of the best known. There is rarely a hurling man out there who doesn't know about it.

If you're referring to the time that Diarmuid O'Sullivan attempted to cheat and bring a non-regulation ball into play - then yes I was fully aware of it

I hadn't realised that if one wasn't fully versed in the complex levels of Cork gamesmanship then you couldn't be classed as a 'hurling man'

Thanks for clearing that up anyway - sure we all know you're not a hurling man - you boycotted Cork hurling games and decided instead to cheerlead the pro's - hurling man indeed...

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on October 28, 2009, 04:18:28 PM
Quote from: heffo on October 28, 2009, 04:16:11 PM

What are you on about. The ball was for the penalty. Nothing else, Christ all mighty maybe I'll actually have to explain to ya what a penalty is, and why a softer ball would be more of a help to a keeper.

You just said in your previous post that Cork scored a point with this 'dud' straight after the penalty - did that score count??

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on October 28, 2009, 04:22:45 PM

He what??

If you're referring to the time that Diarmuid O'Sullivan attempted to cheat and bring a non-regulation ball into play - then yes I was fully aware of it

I hadn't realised that if one wasn't fully versed in the complex levels of Cork gamesmanship then you couldn't be classed as a 'hurling man'

Thanks for clearing that up anyway - sure we all know you're not a hurling man - you boycotted Cork hurling games and decided instead to cheerlead the pro's - hurling man indeed...

Course you were.. ::) ::) You just said you weren't.
And yet again, there was nothing that made it a non regulation ball at the time.
::) ::)
But hey, don't try and hide your lack of knowledge behind insults, that's a bit boring.