The Sun

Started by ONeill, October 01, 2009, 06:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harold Disgracey

Steve Bell's cartoon in today's Guardian sums it up perfectly. Perhaps someone would be kind enough to post it up.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Declan

ziggysego

She's on a frickin' mission that woman

JJ: Mr Brown, to this day, I know as fact helping my sons buy equipment themselves before they went to, to war. I know of every mother, the letters I have received off mothers ... in Iraq, in Afghanistan, you know, friends of mine that were killed in Northern Ireland. I know that our government is letting our troops down, big time.

Testing Accessibility

leenie

i am trying to think how can i write this without sounding an insensitive cow...

but i could not believe that the main headline on the 10 o clock news was "Gordon Brown inconsiderate spelling of name"...
I though it was going to be a completely different name and even perhaps a name of serial killer or something, since it was deemed headline news. Instead it was James instead of Janes! a easy mistake in my opinion. Now the mother (whom i do acknowledge is grieving the loss of son) is "going off on one".... at the end of the day the war is going on, yes i disagree with it, but it's still happening, anyone joining the British army knows the possible consequences. Unlike other countries they have the choice... Mr Brown is the prime minister of a population of 57 million that is going through a recession.... dare i be so ignorant to believe there are other priorities?
But the media do play a massive part in manipulating these situations but i believe there must have been more "headline" news  to report yesterday other than this!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

full back

As haranguerer has said this is all about the Sun switching allegiance away from labour.
They will latch on to anything & everything that makes Labour look bad in order to ensure they dont win the next election.

If the Sun still supported Labour there wouldnt be all this fanfare about the wrong spelling or a phone call

whiskeysteve

james instead of janes...

do they have any respect for public intelligence at all? i shouldnt be surprised with the gutter press but in the middle of the worst recession in decades and 2 dreadful and stupid conflicts for their country its especially irritating to see such clumsy and cack handed attempts to influence public opinion to suit their own agenda. I suppose there arent bigger issues in the world right now than an easy spelling mistake in a stressful job  ::)

would have less respect for someone who regularly bought the sun. Would not wipe my arse with it.

Ever hear Chris Morris ringing the sun with the offer of sleaze on Neil Kinnock? Good satire of the sneaky bastards... (sounds like Steve Coogan doing a kinnock impression too  :D)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEGE2ohMnh8
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Doogie Browser

The sad thing is the Sun is by far and away the biggest selling daily in England and will continue to be.

Minder

Quote from: Doogie Browser on November 10, 2009, 03:59:03 PM
The sad thing is the Sun is by far and away the biggest selling daily in England and will continue to be.

Lest we forget it is very popular here too, on both sides of the house.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Minder on November 10, 2009, 04:08:52 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on November 10, 2009, 03:59:03 PM

Lest we forget it is very popular here too, on both sides of the house.
Holy fcuk Minder how big is your house?  :P

No doubt about it, prob biggest selling daily here also.

whiskeysteve

bit depressing that...
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

rossie mad

Back in the day when i started to go to college i started to buy it. I was 17, it was cheap and had boobs.

It didnt take me long to find out that in fact the IRISH sun was in fact as british as you could get.

I remember after reading an article in it describing U2 as the best british band in the world i chucked it in the bin and havnt bought it since.

I have it and the news of the world banned from coming into the house.
I usually dont buy papers apart from the roscommon herald and the roscommon people (its actually free ;D) although i do buy the sunday tribune.

In my eyes sky news and the sun are brain washing instruments of the highest order.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: rossie mad on November 10, 2009, 05:02:31 PM

Back in the day when i started to go to college i started to buy it. I was 17, it was cheap and had boobs.

It didnt take me long to find out that in fact the IRISH sun was in fact as british as you could get.

I remember after reading an article in it describing U2 as the best british band in the world i chucked it in the bin and havnt bought it since.

I usually dont buy papers apart from the roscommon herald and the roscommon people (its actually free ;D) although i do buy the sunday tribune.

In my eyes sky news and the sun are brain washing instruments of the highest order.
You should watch Fox News sometime, that will really open your eyes

ziggysego

Quote from: Doogie Browser on November 10, 2009, 05:05:25 PM
Quote from: rossie mad on November 10, 2009, 05:02:31 PM

You should watch Fox News sometime, that will really open your eyes

Glenn Beck is some craic!
Testing Accessibility

Doogie Browser

I am more of a Bill O'Reilly man Zig!