Laois money goes AWOL

Started by INDIANA, September 23, 2009, 10:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoisgaa

BudWiser wrote
QuoteFinal analyses then from a johnny come lately who thought that the journalist boxes in O'Moore park were not on a par with the ones in the Hogan or collecting your Premiums in the Red Cow?

Who is calling me a johnny come lately? And when have I ever said anything about the Press Boxes in O'Moore Park not being on a par with Croker?

I don't care what the facilities are like - or if none exist at all. For instance earlier this year I was freezing my balls off at a Walsh Cup game between Laois and Antrim in Rathdowney - I wasn't complaining that day about it nor am I now.

QuoteThe ones that created the "crap the whole time" were the writers of shite that did not have a clue what they were writing and got carried away with the Eddie Moroney tape and thought, well, hell, I could do better than that.

I agree - I don't write any of that shite though - nor do I want to be associated with it.

QuoteFFS, Since you are the main man on the ground ask what hapened Tom Cribben?  Why didn't you write about Micko getting 20,000 a year and a free house up beside Benny Gormans son and a room for when ever he wanted it in nthe Heritage Hotel. 

The county has enough bad news without adding to it.

Think of the Under 14 hurlers who won the Tony Forrestial - what's ahead for them. The fact that we just got a decent sponsorship deal in this hard economic times - it's time to think positively for a change. Time to put things in perspective

Donnellys Hollow

"Lads that feckin rooster is after making off with our money"

"After him!"

"Come here till I get ya, ya little shite!"

"Success!"

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Bud Wiser

QuoteThe county has enough bad news without adding to it.

Think of the Under 14 hurlers who won the Tony Forrestial - what's ahead for them. The fact that we just got a decent sponsorship deal in this hard economic times - it's time to think positively for a change. Time to put things in perspective

Think of Ballinakill u21s when they won the county final and not one of them on the senior panel for the county at the time.  Maybe the U14s you are talking about will all do what james Young did the other night when he threw the hurl away and walked off the pitch and said he wanted nothing more to do with hurling.  In Ballinakill their pitch is dug up for the last year and a half and they now have no playing pitch.   42,000 would go a long way to rectifying that.

The reason there is too much bad news is because there are a few bad eggs creating it.  In the case of fat cats who loaned themselves 28Million of our money they should be arrested and put in jail.  In the case of someone who missapropriated 42,000 they should pay it back.   The best of all and contender for quote of the year was the statement from the treasurer "I only accounted for what I put in but I didn't account for what I didn't put in"   Sweet jesus, a whole new method of accounting that leaves the like of Sage struggling to compete with.

If you are a reporter or a journalist or whatever you call yourself then you in particular should be trying to find out what exactly happened here, not suggesting that it should be covered up because there is too much bad news in the country
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Franko

Bud, if ye dont mind me asking... what happened with James Young.  The man's a fine hurler and I'd hate to see the likes of him become disillusioned?

Bud Wiser

Last week I walked on a nail, went through my foot then almost cut the hand off meself with a saw and ended up in Portlaoise A&E getting stitched.  I call that having a bad day, I snap easy because of the niggling pain.  James had one of those days and he did a Bud Wiser Special on it.  Here is the best way of finding the info you want:

http://www.leinsterexpress.ie/hurling/Young-braced-for-retirement-after.5650868.jp

I wonder would anyone reading that article agree that it tells you more about Laois hurling than it does about James Young?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

laoisgaa

I've said nothing about trying to have this particular story covered up. My gripe is that these negative stories keep coming out the whole time. I'm certain that stuff like this happens in other counties but gets brushed under the table alot more. We are lucky to be in a county where GAA sports are really the only sports going - soccer keeps lads busy during the Winter etc.. but we have no league of Ireland club like our neighbours Kildare; we only have two rugby clubs; one rugby league team (who are fairly good actually) and one cricket team!

Your point about the pitch in Ballinakill is a valid one.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 24, 2009, 01:34:43 AM
"Lads that feckin rooster is after making off with our money"

"After him!"

"Come here till I get ya, ya little shite!"

"Success!"

Your obsessed  :D
Do you want his autograph!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Donnellys Hollow

The rooster's autograph? Yes!

He had a blackbird at the match in Tullamore though. Hopefully the rooster hasn't moved on to birdie heaven!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

drici

Copy & Paste Job

20/10/2009
Two Laois County Board officers have resigned following a scandal over the so-called 'ticketgate' affair in the O'Moore County.

The resignations follow board findings that showed €39,000 went missing from Laois County Board funds in recent years. It is believed that the missing money is due to unpaid-for tickets.

At a meeting of the Laois County Executive this week, former chairman and current Leinster Council delegate Dick Miller tendered his resignation from the County Executive.

This triggered the resignation from the board of Vice Chairman and former Treasurer Tony Walsh.

Portlaoise firm Kirwan-Bain, auditors to the Laois County Board, also submitted a letter to the meeting in which they stated their decision to step down from their involvement with Laois GAA.

It was also requested that current treasurer and former assistant treasurer Evelyn Dunne step aside from her role.

However, Ms Dunne launched a strong defence of her role as treasurer, saying that she had nothing to be ashamed of.

"I am saddened and hurt by what has gone on over the past few weeks. I have served as PRO, assistant treasurer and the last two years as treasurer," she told delegates.

"I have given my utmost (to the board) often to the detriment of other things in my life.

"I have been told that I am too straight and too abrupt and not the most politically correct person. But I am honest.

"I was reared to be as honest as the day is long."

The Abbeyleix native, whose son Thomas was part of the successful Laois All-Ireland minor winning squads of the 1990s, also expressed her annoyance over the way she has been treated, and why queries about the scandal were not being directed to her as treasurer.

"Decisions have been taken that I wasn't told about. We have a new Championship sponsor and I was never told of any meeting with them. I was never invited to any meeting with them.

'And we have a new (county) team sponsor and I was told nothing.

"That's how your treasurer has been treated and I feel very hurt by what has happened here over the past five or six weeks.

"Dick Miller had a different leadership to Brian Allen. He trusted you and let you get on with the job. Brian says he wasn't told and maybe I should have (been)."

And to assure that another 'ticketgate' affair will not develop in Laois, County Chairman Brian Allen said: "We have a full-time secretary in Laois. All invoices, all bookings should go through him. It wasn't happening.

"In future we will be tendering for business, meals, etc. and all through the secretary. Every invoice will be inspected."

Read more: http://breakingnews.ie/sport/laois-county-board-officers-quit-over-ticket-scandal-430945.html#ixzz0UW8wAnBo