Laois money goes AWOL

Started by INDIANA, September 23, 2009, 10:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Bud Wiser...... I had no (and still don't have)  any intention of insulting you. Sorry if I did. As you have said I agree to disagree.

Regards.

laoisgaa

I was at this meeting on Monday night and one thing I would say is that passions ran very high.

While it is concerning over money going 'missing' - my overall opinion is that the constant negative vibes emanating from Laois are just doing damage - talk to anyone about Laois hurling and it's usually mention of a negative fight that comes up!

It's certainly a story this journalist won't be trying to make any money from. If I'm asked to do something on it it will be from the angle that it's unfortunate it happened but there are plenty of positives to reflect on too - one of those the excellent display by our under 14 hurling teams recently in the Tony Forristal Cup and the excellent running of that competition in Laois.

This is why Laois GAA and Laois as a county is in the state it is in. Constant jibes - negative talk; crap the whole time.

This should have been a great week for Laois GAA with the announcement of a six-figure sponsorship deal for county teams with MW Hire; Gala as sponsor of the Juvenile teams and championships and Campion Sparrow as Adult Championships sponsor.

Instead this has been turned on it's head to the crap and shite we are hearing about today.

Zapatista

Those are good news stories. Are there no ways you can highlight this without being asked? Do you think it would be best to let it go as the impression given from the opening post suggests its going to?

The Real Laoislad

Nothing suprises me anymore when it comes to Laois Gaa.. ::)
If it is true that this is more than a bookeeping error then appropriate action should be taken and the Guards should be involved and whoever has taken the money should be brought before the courts
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stew

Quote from: Canalman on September 23, 2009, 11:41:32 AM
E42,000 hardly warrants imo a "gaping E42,000 hole" or a "reeling" county. Quiet story day in the papers today?????? Over an extended period as welll...... move along folks nothing to see here.

Are you little Lord Fontleroy?that is a ton of money and the cnut that stole it should be stung up by the bollix as mentioned on here before.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: ziggysego on September 23, 2009, 02:07:52 PM
I heard it was a dodgy electrican, who used the money to finance his fledging business...

A reasonable deduction young zig.  ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Shamrock Shore

I heard similar stories from a county not a million miles away from my heart not so long ago...

Blue Island

It appears they cannot confirm that it was even stolen. It just seems to have disappeared into the ether. Maybe just a coincidence, but does 2002 to 2004 not cover some of the period Micko was manager. As the county boards are not supposed to be paying their managers because it is an amateur game how do the county board cook the books?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: stew on September 23, 2009, 04:35:53 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on September 23, 2009, 02:07:52 PM
I heard it was a dodgy electrican, who used the money to finance his fledging business...

A reasonable deduction young zig.  ;)

I swear that 09 BMW in my driveway isn't mine  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

cornafean

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 23, 2009, 04:37:21 PM
I swear that 09 BMW in my driveway isn't mine  ;)

it won't be in a week's time  ;)
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

magpie seanie

It is quite possible that the people in charge are guilty of no more than incompetence so I'd be very slow to go pointing fingers.

Bud Wiser

Quote from: laoisgaa on September 23, 2009, 02:50:11 PM
I was at this meeting on Monday night and one thing I would say is that passions ran very high.

While it is concerning over money going 'missing' - my overall opinion is that the constant negative vibes emanating from Laois are just doing damage - talk to anyone about Laois hurling and it's usually mention of a negative fight that comes up!

It's certainly a story this journalist won't be trying to make any money from. If I'm asked to do something on it it will be from the angle that it's unfortunate it happened but there are plenty of positives to reflect on too - one of those the excellent display by our under 14 hurling teams recently in the Tony Forristal Cup and the excellent running of that competition in Laois.

This is why Laois GAA and Laois as a county is in the state it is in. Constant jibes - negative talk; crap the whole time.

This should have been a great week for Laois GAA with the announcement of a six-figure sponsorship deal for county teams with MW Hire; Gala as sponsor of the Juvenile teams and championships and Campion Sparrow as Adult Championships sponsor.

Instead this has been turned on it's head to the crap and shite we are hearing about today.

Final analyses then from a johnny come lately who thought that the journalist boxes in O'Moore park were not on a par with the ones in the Hogan or collecting your Premiums in the Red Cow?  The ones that created the "crap the whole time" were the writers of shite that did not have a clue what they were writing and got carried away with the Eddie Moroney tape and thought, well, hell, I could do better than that. FFS, Since you are the main man on the ground ask what hapened Tom Cribben?  Why didn't you write about Micko getting 20,000 a year and a free house up beside Benny Gormans son and a room for when ever he wanted it in nthe Heritage Hotel. 

This should have been a great year for Laois Gaa!!!!  The year it should have been a great year for the GAA in Laois was when Puma offered 150,000 pounds, in today's money about 225,000 or a quarter of a million euro to change the name of O'Moore Park to PUMA.   

The good people of Laois GAA are the ones who I know.  FACT.  I have known them for years. FACT.  I have known others, even relations who wer not good for the county, who held responsible positions and abused them and even today, have committed more criminal acts than the Storke Fahy when he borrowed a few stakes to build a fence around his field.

Don't come on here pontificating laoisgaa under the guise of Colin Duffy or whoever you are as a know it all without first checking out a few basic facts.  I will tell you now, like the recent tragedy of the young boxer, Darren Sutherland, that all is not what it seems to be.  People can come on here and question my credibility in terms of "due respect" but, I will not be drugged and rode by someone in authority that should not be in authority.

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Shamrock Shore

*backs out, slowly, shutting door*

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Bud Wiser on September 23, 2009, 09:04:38 PM
Quote from: laoisgaa on September 23, 2009, 02:50:11 PM

Final analyses then from a johnny come lately who thought that the journalist boxes in O'Moore park were not on a par with the ones in the Hogan or collecting your Premiums in the Red Cow?  The ones that created the "crap the whole time" were the writers of shite that did not have a clue what they were writing and got carried away with the Eddie Moroney tape and thought, well, hell, I could do better than that. FFS, Since you are the main man on the ground ask what hapened Tom Cribben?  Why didn't you write about Micko getting 20,000 a year and a free house up beside Benny Gormans son and a room for when ever he wanted it in nthe Heritage Hotel. 

This should have been a great year for Laois Gaa!!!!  The year it should have been a great year for the GAA in Laois was when Puma offered 150,000 pounds, in today's money about 225,000 or a quarter of a million euro to change the name of O'Moore Park to PUMA.   

The good people of Laois GAA are the ones who I know.  FACT.  I have known them for years. FACT.  I have known others, even relations who wer not good for the county, who held responsible positions and abused them and even today, have committed more criminal acts than the Storke Fahy when he borrowed a few stakes to build a fence around his field.

Don't come on here pontificating laoisgaa under the guise of Colin Duffy or whoever you are as a know it all without first checking out a few basic facts.  I will tell you now, like the recent tragedy of the young boxer, Darren Sutherland, that all is not what it seems to be.  People can come on here and question my credibility in terms of "due respect" but, I will not be drugged and rode by someone in authority that should not be in authority.

Laois people fighting with Laois people,somethings never change  ::)
No wonder we are in the mess we are in
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.