Caravans

Started by Norf Tyrone, September 14, 2009, 07:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Any of you gents or ladies own a caravan? Thinking about purchasing a static on a site, but not sure of the site. I have a few narrowed down but all have varying rules.

* Some have a 14 year rule where-by you must remove your van after 14 years i.e. buy a new one. Therefore we are looking one that does not enforce that rule.
* Some have dragonian rules where-by you are not allowed to drink on your decking after 9pm. Although I wouldn't want part central I'd prefer something where people are allowed to be mature as well.
* Site available 12 months of the year. Some sites only allow people on site between Easter and September. If I spend ~£15k on a van I'd like to decide when I can use it.
* Something reasonably priced. Speaks for itself.

I've been around most of the North Coast and Donegal sites, but especially interested in anyone with sites in Fermanagh?

Ta
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

mountainboii

In a caravan, like a gypo?

:P

pintsofguinness

*Terrible childhood memories flooding back*
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tyrones own

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 14, 2009, 07:37:11 PM
*Terrible childhood memories flooding back*

Same as that..we had one in Portrush for years
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Lecale2

Caravans should be banned from the roads. End off story. They cause more hold ups than farmers. Why can't they drive to their camp site through the night when the rest of us are sleeping?

Why would someone want to pack all of their stuff into a tin box and go and sit in a field for a weekend? I really don't get it!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Lecale2 on September 14, 2009, 08:27:11 PM
Caravans should be banned from the roads. End off story. They cause more hold ups than farmers. Why can't they drive to their camp site through the night when the rest of us are sleeping?

Why would someone want to pack all of their stuff into a tin box and go and sit in a field for a weekend? I really don't get it!
He said a static.

However, the thought of being stuck in a caravan in the driving rain with the wife and 3 kids brings me out in a cold sweat!

The Real Laoislad

A lot of them on the side of the road around Sligo and Roscommon I'd imagine
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gerry

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 14, 2009, 07:22:16 PM
Any of you gents or ladies own a caravan? Thinking about purchasing a static on a site, but not sure of the site. I have a few narrowed down but all have varying rules.

* Some have a 14 year rule where-by you must remove your van after 14 years i.e. buy a new one. Therefore we are looking one that does not enforce that rule. :-[ this varies from site to site but with the recession most have relaxed on this
* Some have dragonian rules where-by you are not allowed to drink on your decking after 9pm. Although I wouldn't want part central I'd prefer something where people are allowed to be mature as well.  from my experience drink all you want want but you need to keep the noise down or you will be looking for a new site
* Site available 12 months of the year. Some sites only allow people on site between Easter and September. If I spend ~£15k on a van I'd like to decide when I can use it. most available now year round
* Something reasonably priced. Speaks for itself.
£15 grand, you'll be lucky

I've been around most of the North Coast and Donegal sites, but especially interested in anyone with sites in Fermanagh?

Ta
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

mylestheslasher

They always remind me of that episode of Fr Ted with Graham Norton. Why in the name of god would you want one. There is a caravan park in Enniscrone, Co Sligo and another in Ballisodare. Not sure if you can buy a site or what the story is. In Easkey, Sliigo hippy surfers seem to plonk a caravan anywhere for weeks on end and no one says anything to them. Probably cos easkey is a hole. I have no idea if there is a caravan site in Fermanagh anywhere, maybe you should get a boat instead and park it on the erne somewhere.

gerry

Forgot to say that nearly all sites are tied into specific mobile home sellers, so you can only buy of whoever owns the site allows you to buy of.  The reason behind it is the owner of the site gets a cut from the mobile seller.  Ground rate is £1.200 upwards with insurance from about £300 and electricity after that to pay for, so its not cheap.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Puckoon

gawa316

There is a few sites in Fermanagh. There is one up near Lisnakea called Mullnascarty(I think). Why anyone would want a to stay here I don't know. The Share Centre the other side of Lisnaskea also has a static site but think there is a waiting list.

There is one down near Blaney, never been on it but nice enough area.

A new one has just opened outside Belcoo on Lough MacNean. Gary Lineker and has blade visited it on that awful show they did. It has some award (1st one in Europe), can't remember what you call it. Lovely area down there (when the weather is nice), think the site is called Rushin something.

Have you checked out Rossnowlagh?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

redhugh

Have one in Downings in Donegal- great spot. I think it's pretty expensive if you're not going to get plenty of use out of it.The fees and maintenance are cheeky enough for what it is.We'd be up most weekends for 4 months of the year.

botman

A caravan is bad enough but in Fermanagh of all places?

Keep them at it.