Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CitySlicker11

I hope there is action taken if the referee noted this. Too much of this 'sledging' creeping in to our game. If it was said on the street he wouldn't have got away with it.

Leftbackno4

So some hurling people are happy to name and shame a player without hearing what, if anything, was actually said ?

And the same people make no comment on the Cushendall mentor who threw himself to the ground without being touched looking for a player to be sent off ?

Bottom line is the Best team won.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Leftbackno4 on June 21, 2015, 11:24:24 PM
So some hurling people are happy to name and shame a player without hearing what, if anything, was actually said ?

And the same people make no comment on the Cushendall mentor who threw himself to the ground without being touched looking for a player to be sent off ?

You were there... Did that person say those things?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Timely first post from a Johnnies man  ;D

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Leftbackno4 on June 21, 2015, 11:24:24 PM

Oh it was said by the individual in question. And it was heard by others. His club are aware of the comments

The actions of the Waterboy were embarrassing...but I don't think you can actually compare the two incidents

I already said that the best team won. There are no arguments in C'Dall on that.

Leftbackno4

I was there and I don't know how anyone could hear what was actually said on the field? I sincerely doubt any other supporter heard what was said but most people there would have seen the embarrassing antics of the Cushendall mentor.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Leftbackno4 on June 21, 2015, 11:32:01 PM
I was there and I don't know how anyone could hear what was actually said on the field? I sincerely doubt any other supporter heard what was said but most people there would have seen the embarrassing antics of the Cushendall mentor.
I just hope you are a teenager and not an adult

Sleeping giant

Id say he's more of an ejit than anything else.  Away and catch yourself on. He's a sc**bag in my book for saying what he said.  No place for it in any sport. And if you wanna try and take away from it or stand up for what WAS said.  Your not far behind. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Leftbackno4 on June 21, 2015, 11:32:01 PM

So what did he say ? Simple enough question
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Leftbackno4

Did you hear what was said ?

What is the name of the thirty something water boy ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Leftbackno4 on June 21, 2015, 11:43:35 PM
Did you hear what was said ?

What is the name of the thirty something water boy ?

Look I'll make it real simple, did you hear what he said?

Leftbackno4

I didn't hear anything that was said by individual players during the game so I'd be amazed if other supporters did.

If people didn't hear it themselves they shouldn't be putting a name to what is obviously quite discussing comments.

Leftbackno4

Still waiting for the name of the thirty something water boy ?

theskull1

Quote from: Leftbackno4 on June 21, 2015, 11:51:06 PM
I didn't hear anything that was said by individual players during the game so I'd be amazed if other supporters did.

Are you God?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Jesusjones

I was at the U-21 game. Some questionable refereeing to say the least. In particular when a St. Johns sub came on to full forward and immediately punched our full back in the stomach. It was seen by the umpire he called in the referee who decided a yellow card was enough. Now correct me if I'm wrong but isn't striking an automatic red card? If Bradley said what is being suggested then he should be ashamed of himself it is utterly disgusting. Regardless if it has been noted by the referee if a player from my club did that then I would expect the club to take action. As far as the game goes, hats off to St. Johns the better all round team on the day. They weathered an early storm when we went 0-8 to 0-2 up and reeled us in after they converted the penalty. I'm proud of our lads as well, probably our best player wasn't fit to start and we only loose 1 player for next year and had 5 minors on the pitch as well. They stuck at it rightly and never gave up.